RC block - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RC block

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I don't think I have seen one match that wasn't stacked or that didn't have spawn laming where this actually applies. Maybe you could post a demo?
    I do not record any matches unless there is a moderator situation happening.
    Think of a team with low ball players but they have camillo/adrian/other seasoned player, the other team are fairly balanced, That team realise it is easy to take out the other team and all start to attack because of how easy it is, camillo slips in quite easy and RC's the core after building a container to block the door, the tactic is a good move, the timing of it isn't, it is just ending it for the sake of ending it, there is no satisfaction. Are you seriously telling me you haven't seen anything like this and need a demo to prove it? If you want to include stacked in this example then you could say yes, stacked if the outcome was the stacked team to RC the core, in this example the low skill team obliterate the core. Stacked or not, it is irrelevant, its ending any map really early before it gets going by a single player.

You are seasoned enough to see pretty much every type of play to ever be used in game, there is no way you could recollect a specific game you have played when this happens, just like I can't recollect you doing this.

I wish someone would explain why mangling the core right away is satisfying in a game?, why is it a good thing to dominate a low skilled team? I have asked this so many times but the questions are always dodged.

The sentence that I never see in siege any more is "Give them a chance", this shows sportsmanship. The sentence that pisses me off the most and is ridiculous as a point is "I don't want to be stuck hours playing a single map" It is siege, that is how it is done, all matches are not meant to end within 10 minutes. But as there is no team wide strategy in some maps, this creates a stalemate situation until coincidence allows a breakthrough, Simplex would be a good example.

The reason itself for this request is it to stop some games unnecessarily ending before they have even started, if siege was meant to end early then there would be no use for larger more expensive builds located in the constructor.
    Those who don't like this request dance around the reason for it being mentioned.

another way would be to make the core invulnerable but still give out the same RU if attacked, but again the seasoned players whine they cant destroy the core when they want and stamp their feet demanding they have the "Right" to do what they want.

One thing that has fascinated me for a while is the UK Instagib servers in comparison, They have very strict rules which must be followed, yet a siege match is more relaxed than someone with incontinence which allows all the shit to pour out and mess the game up.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-27-2015 at 09:19 AM.

If someone manages to sneak into the core and deploy a rc without getting seen, thus doing heavy damage then I applaud him for that.
    Yes, that is the game's goal. It might not be as satisfying as ending a 2 hour game all by yourself because you haven't invested as much time into it but that doesn't take away the fact that it was a good move.
    Of course, it's a different story with unbalanced teams. There's no glory in doing it but I rather have someone finish my core and have proper teams next map.

Bottom line
    If rc is overpowered, so is ripper hs on buildings and dmging cores should never be frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    if only I have demos from the old days to show scourge how good siege used to be and how many retards and how dogshit it is now (not blaming anyone for the second part)
    Do you think changing the game mechanics would improve it?

Of course, it's a different story with unbalanced teams. There's no glory in doing it but I rather have someone finish my core and have proper teams next map.
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on unbalanced teams. At least it will end quickly with explosives instead of being a protracted, erm, domination.

this creates a stalemate situation until coincidence allows a breakthrough, Simplex would be a good example.
    In my eyes, this isn't really a good game mechanic at all. It comes down to mid luck/fragging ability until someone gets enough midspawns, or critical people get tired of playing, or the teams get changed after a lot of raging or simple boredom, or a losing team unnecessarily protracts a match that they have no odds of winning.

Like I've said before, this isn't so much about LOL I KILL UR CORE EZ NOOB, this is more about making the game change and evolve as it goes on so that gameplay doesn't become "Get nuke, fail, farm, die, farm, die, die, die, die, farm, build nuke, fail" or "Build mine, farm, build mine, farm, build mine, farm" or "spam sniper, spam sniper, spam sniper", and for all, rinse and repeat, for six hours. Overtime matches are defined by action, yet they're still stagnant.
    Last edited by Scourge; 10-27-2015 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    "Get nuke, fail, farm, die, farm, die, die, die, die, farm, build nuke, fail" or "Build mine, farm, build mine, farm, build mine, farm" or "spam sniper, spam sniper, spam sniper", and for all, rinse and repeat, for six hours.
    ROFL!! It would be like that but I don't always think of it, I like strategy set up play... need more smart maps. In fact maybe I'll try to set up a door that require a password with 4 numerical digits, upgrade that for more door protection and to the last, 4 numerical digits so if anyone can't get the door open, there have to be plenty of lockpicks or work on destorying a door.. oops off topic. /ignore lol.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Ehhhrm...
    - If your team fails to build a Supplier in the first 20 seconds then the game should end within the next 10 minutes.
    - If the enemy team overruns your base and builds a health pod to ensure they don't die as fast, the game should end before minute 20.
    - If the enemy team focuses your unfinished containers the game should end before minute 30
    - If you have too many leeches in open spaces the game will certainly end right before overtime.

Siege's latest design was aimed at ending games at ANY stage, and making every single tactic counterable.
    It's just that we're missing a few key elements here.
    - Health Pod > allows early teleporter aggression
    - Protector > RC defense and attacker detection
    - Hyper Leecher, the 0020 changes should make it viable again.

In my opinion I'd totally be fine with inflating prices so that the game doesn't jump into the final stages so quickly.
    Just imagine how games would go if:
    - Super Supplier > 3000 RU
    - Super Health Pod > 3000 RU
    - Super Container > 3200 RU
    - Poison Guardian > 1600 RU
    - ForceField > 2400 RU
    - Warhead > 1600 RU
    - Invincible Warhead > 2300 RU
    - Add SupplierX > 800 RU (change: supply rate doubled)
    - Add Health Pod
    - Add Protector (3k hp instead of 2k, limit 4)
    - Add Guardian (double the center pull maybe?)
    - Add ContainerX
    - Pulse Rifle < 600 RU
    - Add Fragmentation Launcher > 600 RU

This pretty much brings back the most of the first Siege's playability for the first 30 minutes of the game and excepting for the mid spawn rules, it would totally be compatible with pugs.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

I think just adding more tiers to building beyond SS-SHP-SC would be a better direction than trying to inflate what we already have. Part of what makes the game compelling is being able to reach further stages in hopes of staying ahead of your opponents, without spending too much time doing filler stuff (run all the way across the map, fill up slowly in supplier, stand still while repairing core, etc.)
    Last edited by Scourge; 10-27-2015 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    inflating prices
    Holy RU, so much for ss/shp/sc hahahaha.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    - Super Supplier > 3000 RU
    - Super Health Pod > 3000 RU
    - Super Container > 3200 RU
    - Poison Guardian > 1600 RU
    - ForceField > 2400 RU
    - Warhead > 1600 RU
    - Invincible Warhead > 2300 RU

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    If someone manages to sneak into the core and deploy a rc without getting seen, thus doing heavy damage then I applaud him for that.
    Yes, that is the game's goal. It might not be as satisfying as ending a 2 hour game all by yourself because you haven't invested as much time into it but that doesn't take away the fact that it was a good move.

Bottom line
    If rc is overpowered, so is ripper hs on buildings and dmging cores should never be frowned upon.
    Damage to the core isn't the issue, you cannot possibly compare the RC at close range to any weapon, RC can obliterate the core, that is a ridiculous comparison to make.

Some people are happy with any map so think like you by hoping teams next map are better with a "meh, no loss, shit team" just like you and ironically like those who clicked dislike to the suggestion. But the part you are not thinking about is why the map was voted, some people may have been waiting a few hours for that map to become unlocked so it can be voted for, insignificant players not good enough to care about. "Map is changing, get over it, tough shit"

What if a few stepped away from PC when the map switched, started and missed the first minute or two? everyone has done it, Come on chis, it doesn't take skill to get in the core in clarion without being noticed, its luck all the way. This is purely about RC for the first 10 minutes, not core damage. You are saying you applaud someone who is lucky enough to not get spotted, then spawn an RC to do all the work and finish the game. Those who were looking forward to playing that map do not matter. Siege is about team play, not a single players glory. There is no skill in doing this as well as no point.

I know your usual attitude is dilligaf or Nogaf, incredibly bias towards any complaint regarding game play different to how you like it, that is no secret and is fully expected if you responded, It was a request that would not handicap the game in the slightest, it would simply stop RC being spawned for 10 minutes, why the fuck are so many here acting all butthurt like I have suggested to take away Trans and jetpack.?

Supplier is limited at the start instead of being able to build SS right away, this is somehow different to the reasons for that? RC is far too overpowered for the beginning stage of the game, just like SS.

Showing my age I guess, Sportsmanship is included with how I play and have played for more than a decade, now it appears I should go sit on my rocking chair and put on my slippers and maybe piss myself a little to get the old man aroma more realistic and realise my outdated view is not shared by many any more.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-27-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
    Should we make the core invulnerable the first 10 minutes, because lets be honest, don't you hate it when the enemy gets to hit your core without having 20 mines and 5 super protectors on it? Like fluke said by DEFINITION siege is attacking a FORTIFIED BASE, not one that's completely open with no defenses. It's easy to nitpick isn't it .

Leave the tactics open to the public, hell even if you wanted a warhead before a super supplier it should be your choice, just because the l33t players fortify their base before they build warheads, doesn't mean us filthy casuals should be forced into their habits?!?

Thread Information