User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you are a victim of admins anonymous?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 29.63%
  • No

7 25.93%
  • Im suker of one of thems

11 40.74%
  • I wait be nominated, i cant give opinion.

1 3.70%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by $carface View Post
    Nothing wrong with Admin hiding and catching naughty boys. Undercover police.
    Just put your damn name after the ban..

I voted Yes,

Having been around for a while I've witnessed incidents in which players and bans were not handled equally, and in some cases seem more like a personal vendetta.

Take Note: I'm not listning names or specific incidents just saying that it's happened, admins are human and humans makes mistakes so don't get butt hurt & or argue it's simply my opinion.

Whats up with the comments making fun of and telling him to learn english? I bet half of you can't make as much sense in another language. He very well could have copied that out of a translator; as far as I know thats about how good they are at doing full sentences.

Hey, before you laugh at him some more why don't you take the time to think how he feels playing in another language, and getting banned not only for a rule he wasn't aware of but also for something that was being done to him.

@$carface ^
    @|uK|Rays ^
    @Deepack ^

Some good points I got out of it:

- The only rules he was aware of was the no camping and cheating; the only ones that gets spammed on the server.

- He was shooting the other teams supplier because they were trying to kill theirs.

It wouldn't be fair to say it was ok to lame because it was dieing, a whole team shouldn't be spawnkill lamable with no chance of enforcment because some idiot badly misplaced their first supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatWave View Post
    tbh we were killing your supp since you guys already made the first supp near the core. So we were killing it, we almost did it but failed.
    @$carface

I think it's kind of stupid that the admins mostly take notice of and ban players on the other team when it affects them, but hardly ever take notice or care about their own teamates actions; ^ quote above.

Don't expect me to follow this rule after it's been done to my team, especially on Clarion where it happens just about every map. It seems like the people who do it the most end up bitching the most when the tables have turned.
    Last edited by Neff; 10-09-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by .se\/ered.][ View Post
    OMG.. Never let anyone tell you to drop your firewall! Might as well drop you Pants and bend over!

Shh Neff, obviously you break many rules quite often.

@ramlinux was it testingggggggggggggg?

Last edited by Moskva; 10-09-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

@kron

As I said,
    Quote Originally Posted by Neff View Post
    don't get butt hurt & or argue it's simply my opinion.
    He posted a poll so if you like my opinion you can fuck yourself.

Now, it's pretty obvious with the negative comments I receive on forums and servers I'm not well liked in this community, so if what you're saying is true then why are there two topics about me in the Bans & Appeals corner.

1) Ban - 05-01-2012 http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread.php/2022-Neff

1) Complaint in which I did nothing wrong - 11-03-2011 http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...g-winning-team

If you're thinking about shit that happend in the past you can get over it.

Your response has nothing to do with what I was talking about anyway; This guy got banned for doing what was being done to him and didn't even know it was against the rules in the first place. He came here for answers and got laughed at what the fuck?
    OMG.. Never let anyone tell you to drop your firewall! Might as well drop you Pants and bend over!

Neff, I don't think you realize how much of a babysitting job being an admin on siege really is. Regardless, this entire thread is over a 3 match ban which is pathetic imo. If people want to come here and complain about missing their 2 hours behind a computer monitor they have earned a few obnoxious comments.

i know who it was lol

I agree it's quite a job dealing with troublesome players and complaints while trying to have fun. I don't know know what it's like being an admin in siege but I have been one in a game which requires a lot more effort.

Code:
    I've built forums, and set up a teamspeak and public & private IRC channels for teams in another game,
    Having between 50-100+ Members,

Finding matches with teams of similar strength, with the possibility of getting gained up on and having to team 
    with others to compete,

Dealing with allies and enimies - diplomacy,

Constant Pms about stupid drama or issues,
    Finding people to trust with admin and keeping checks on all of their activity,

Keeping attendance, 
    Keeping track of who leaves without giving a reason,
    Keeping track of who's playing up to standards.

Talking with providers to help get DDoS attacks mitigated constantly, being told to find service elsewhere,
    Helping clanmates getting DDoSed to change their ip address.
    Helping clanmates who are infected with malware & Rats (remote access trojans) to clean their computers.

Checking IP addresses/hosts connecting to forums/teamspeak/private IRC to make sure proxies/vpn's 
    aren't being used and people aren't giving away their private access.

Comming up with a system & methods to catch spies who leak private information to other teams.
    I really don't think a 10 vs 10 server is all that hard to admin... $carface has plenty to do though.
    Last edited by Neff; 10-10-2012 at 03:53 AM.

A 10v10 server is plenty hard to moderate. You have no idea

Quote Originally Posted by Neff View Post
    I think it's kind of stupid that the admins mostly take notice of and ban players on the other team when it affects them, but hardly ever take notice or care about their own teamates actions; ^ quote above.
    A rather ignorant comment.
    If you had to moderate such a server you would see yourself how hard it is. It's obviously worse in siege.

You only notice what directly affects you because that's what you see. Moderaters aren't all seeing all knowing.

Though, I'm not surprised by whom he got banned. Not the first time I've seen this happening.
    I don't think it matters how long the ban was, it's still worth discussing.
    Last edited by |uK|chiseller; 10-10-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Thread Information