User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

issue with ACE and wine

I thought this was fixed a few releases ago.

Have you got a valid file?

I can connect and play on the DU monster hunt not running ACE.
    It seems this is an old isssue. According to Anthrax at unrealadmin http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...66&postcount=4 :
    Quote: Originally Posted by SC]-[LO]\[G_{HoF}
    [ACEv09c]: KickReason...: Import Address Mismatch
    [ACEv09c]: ModuleName...: Core.dll
    [ACEv09c]: ImportNum....: 0
    [ACEv09c]: ExpAddress...: 0x7E9FE499
    [ACEv09c]: ExpModule....: WINMM.dll
    [ACEv09c]: ExpType......: 0
    [ACEv09c]: ExpName......: timeGetTime
    [ACEv09c]: ActAddress...: 0x7B83FF20
    [ACEv09c]: ActModule....: KERNEL32.dll
    [ACEv09c]: ActFunction..: GetTickCount
    [ACEv09c]: ActOffset....: 0x0000
    False, caused by WINE. A piece of software used to run Windows software on Linux. Will be fixed in the next version.
    Last edited by uranus; 05-30-2017 at 08:30 PM.

I copied a kernel32.dll from my Win7 install to my .wine folder but the game runs in a teeny tiny itsy bitsy window. I can't really see what I'm doing in order to connect to a server.

I'm guessing that maybe Wine's kernel32.dll is perhaps a new version so not whitelisted OR it was only whitelisted after ACE 0.9c.

Any helpful ideas are appreciated.

Bump

Why don't you run UT natively?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Why don't you run UT natively?
    I'm pretty sure that I played before using the wine wrapper on ACE servers. I might very well be mistaken but ACE v 0.8h comes to mind. Maybe my kernel32.dll acutally is corrupted but I would think that UT wouldn't run properly but it seems to run fine with Arch Linux's version of wine except for the ACE kick.

I tried using the Loki installer a few years ago but it doesn't work anymore unless you have an ancient linux install as it requires a deprecated version of gtk or something. I even went so far as to dig up the required version of gtk which still didn't work and just screwed up my system. However, I recall that the installer extracts the contents of the required CD(s) and then decompresses the ut client or some such something. I think I figured that out by looking at the Loki script or whatever it was. I tried to run through the sequence in the script manually but I never could get the whole thing. As I remember. there was some proprietary aspect. Basically it was a long run down a deadend rabbit hole. That's why I ended up just going with wine.

I do have a copy of a linux server setup but I think the UT binary or whatever did not function as a client. I only vaguely remember trying it so I may very well be mistaken.

I suppose this would require some intervention by Anthrax to alter the whitelist for this rather old version of ACE? Or perhaps someone could point me to a linux binary... or whatever?

I've seen many players play on WINE without issues. In fact, I tried it myself once just to make sure it works and it did.

Do you know if the .DLL version has changed maybe?

@medor you have the files?

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Do you know if the .DLL version has changed maybe?
    I didn't really track the version nor did I really look into it yet but, yeah, I think it's likely that the kernel.dll possibly changed. This is an Arch machine which tends to be pretty bleeding-edge-ish in Linux. However, as I said, I'm not completely sure yet. I'll get the version number for wine when I boot back into linux.

Here's my wine package info. I haven't yet determined whether kernel32.dll has actually changed but the package build date is quite recent.

Last edited by uranus; 06-06-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Thread Information