User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 7

I'm happy with my 6s+ as well, so I see no reason to upgrade.

The missing headphone jack doesn't bother me that much, because:
    1. I'm already buying platform specific headphones (Sennheiser Momentum in-ear which comes in Android and iOS flavors already), and I'm sure they'll be updated to lightning soon.
    2. I already wanted wireless headphones, but I've always been disappointed with Bluetooth headsets so far. If Apples's new wireless tech works as well as they claim, then I'll probably be buying.
    Might go for the Beats Solo 3, but I'm not sure yet.

All in all I think it was a decent upgrade to last years model. Water resistance, better display, fastest mobile processor by a wide margin, better battery and more RAM for the plus model.

Quote Originally Posted by seabass View Post
    I'm happy with my 6s+ as well, so I see no reason to upgrade.

The missing headphone jack doesn't bother me that much, because:
    1. I'm already buying platform specific headphones (Sennheiser Momentum in-ear which comes in Android and iOS flavors already), and I'm sure they'll be updated to lightning soon.
    2. I already wanted wireless headphones, but I've always been disappointed with Bluetooth headsets so far. If Apples's new wireless tech works as well as they claim, then I'll probably be buying.
    Might go for the Beats Solo 3, but I'm not sure yet.

All in all I think it was a decent upgrade to last years model. Water resistance, better display, fastest mobile processor by a wide margin, better battery and more RAM for the plus model.
    The competition who releases phones last almost always has an edge on the processor speed. When galaxy 8 comes out, the processor will trump iphone 7s. That's just an ongoing pattern. So processor speed is kind of irrelevant. If apple continues with their current trend I can see them falling big time, like Rome did. Most of my die hard apple friends are contemplating switching to samsung for that reason, theres no new innovation. They need to have more phones and options for the regular user. Also their pricing needs to be realistic.

Also Seabass, I see you are interested in wireless earphones. Most of us find it a hassle to charge our phones to begin with, what makes you think people want to charge a phone and a earphone lmao. To many complications.
    Last edited by jacob88; 09-23-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob88 View Post
    The competition who releases phones last almost always has an edge on the processor speed. When galaxy 8 comes out, the processor will trump iphone 7s. That's just an ongoing pattern. So processor speed is kind of irrelevant. If apple continues with their current trend I can see them falling big time, like Rome did. Most of my die hard apple friends are contemplating switching to samsung for that reason, theres no new innovation. They need to have more phones and options for the regular user. Also their pricing needs to be realistic.
    Samsung's Exynos 8890 (the fastest chip you can get for Android), still falls behind Apple's A9 from last year, and Apple's A10 is just crushing it in terms of performance. I'm just saying Apple is doing a fantastic job with their chips these days, so I don't think that galaxy 8 will trump A10.

What innovation from Samsung are they talking about? Galaxy s7 looks identical to s6. The only thing that comes to mind that I'd want from galaxy phones is inductive charging. (I thought I wanted that quickcharge thing or whatever they call it, but then I read that it reduces the lifespan of the battery).
    Apple's pricing is pretty realistic considering the price of the Galaxy phones are about the same.
    For lower end there's the iPhone SE.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Seabass, I see you are interested in wireless earphones. Most of us find it a hassle to charge our phones to begin with, what makes you think people want to charge a phone and a earphone lmao. To many complications.
    Battery life is one of the reasons why I said that I had always been disappointed with Bluetooth headphones. The Beats Solo 3 offers 40 hours (!!) of battery life. I think I can live with that :-)

I just got a Nexus 6P on sale for $400 with some extras thrown in: a shitty case, a selfie stick and a $25 gift card which got me two more cases. It's pretty nice. It runs on virtually ALL the networks. I mostly wanted a pure Android phone but also wanted to try out Project Fi.

Samsung's Exynos 8890 (the fastest chip you can get for Android), still falls behind Apple's A9 from last year, and Apple's A10 is just crushing it in terms of performance. I'm just saying Apple is doing a fantastic job with their chips these days, so I don't think that galaxy 8 will trump A10.

What innovation from Samsung are they talking about? Galaxy s7 looks identical to s6. The only thing that comes to mind that I'd want from galaxy phones is inductive charging. (I thought I wanted that quickcharge thing or whatever they call it, but then I read that it reduces the lifespan of the battery).
    Apple's pricing is pretty realistic considering the price of the Galaxy phones are about the same.
    For lower end there's the iPhone SE.

- - - Updated - - -

Battery life is one of the reasons why I said that I had always been disappointed with Bluetooth headphones. The Beats Solo 3 offers 40 hours (!!) of battery life. I think I can live with that :-)
    Samsung used to make apples processors. So I'm pretty certain if they wanted to they could make a chip better than the A10 and eventually they will. But realistically, what are you trying to achieve with such a powerful chip in todays phones? Higher battery usage? My friends s5 and my old iphone 5c had inferior processors, but I could of still run any modern app with it. These processors are only useful for games along with the GPU and I don't play games on my phone anymore, I just have Subwaysurfers for my nephews when they play it. which almost any phone can run. So again processor power is irrelevant in most of todays phones. The only benefit i can see is you opening some apps 0.0024343 times faster than I can (sarcasm) which is unecessary and useless. Apple needs more phones as in different models, samsung has like 20 different models, to high end to low end. I own both phones trust me, and the iphone is just not cut out compared to the samsung, its a boring phone, and i dont like it. Don't become like one of those apple stereotyped fan boys and root for iphones just cause all the celebs has them, and their expensive etc.. it won't get you anywhere. Mark my words in a few years from now, the iphone will fall. Just like blackberry fell. Always remember even though a woman has been crowned miss universe, their is always someone prettier than her out there, now and forever...

this used to be a samsung

Samsung used to make apples processors. So I'm pretty certain if they wanted to they could make a chip better than the A10 and eventually they will. But realistically, what are you trying to achieve with such a powerful chip in todays phones? Higher battery usage? My friends s5 and my old iphone 5c had inferior processors, but I could of still run any modern app with it. These processors are only useful for games along with the GPU and I don't play games on my phone anymore, I just have Subwaysurfers for my nephews when they play it. which almost any phone can run. So again processor power is irrelevant in most of todays phones. The only benefit i can see is you opening some apps 0.0024343 times faster than I can (sarcasm) which is unecessary and useless. Apple needs more phones as in different models, samsung has like 20 different models, to high end to low end. I own both phones trust me, and the iphone is just not cut out compared to the samsung, its a boring phone, and i dont like it. Don't become like one of those apple stereotyped fan boys and root for iphones just cause all the celebs has them, and their expensive etc.. it won't get you anywhere. Mark my words in a few years from now, the iphone will fall. Just like blackberry fell. Always remember even though a woman has been crowned miss universe, their is always someone prettier than her out there, now and forever...
    Just because Apple uses Samsung's fabs to manufacture their chips doesn't mean that they can just help themselves to Apple's chip designs. I only mentioned their chips as one of the ways in which Apple is in the lead. Those faster chips also leads to less power usage.
    Whether or not a phone is boring is all subjective. You prefer Android? Go for it!
    You opened this thread asking for opinions, and I gave it to you, no need to become defensive and start calling people fanboys. I don't care who else is using what phones and I can't even name most of today's celebrities.
    Tbh, I think Samsung is the phone manufacturer who is in trouble. People can get the same product cheaper from Chinese manufacturers like OnePlus and Xiaomi while Apple is where you'd go if you prefer iOS (which is great, because keeps Apple on their toes).

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    this used to be a samsung
    Galaxy Note 7 unboxing video
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CsuvBSpUsAIVOeN.mp4

Indeed when it comes to Android chinese brands can be great, but in some places you won't even find any tech support or service points.
    I used to have one with MediaTek parts (or whatever) and after a while the WiFi chip started failing in a way I had to do a full reboot every 2 days or so in order to make it work, by full reboot I mean taking out the battery and holding down the power button for a minute.

Never again, as good as these phones come you need them to be reliable, having one fail at the least expected time and not having any official support to sort it out sucks.
    But I suppose you can find them in Canada...

- - - Updated - - -

------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Just because Apple uses Samsung's fabs to manufacture their chips doesn't mean that they can just help themselves to Apple's chip designs. I only mentioned their chips as one of the ways in which Apple is in the lead. Those faster chips also leads to less power usage.
    Whether or not a phone is boring is all subjective. You prefer Android? Go for it!
    You opened this thread asking for opinions, and I gave it to you, no need to become defensive and start calling people fanboys. I don't care who else is using what phones and I can't even name most of today's celebrities.
    Tbh, I think Samsung is the phone manufacturer who is in trouble. People can get the same product cheaper from Chinese manufacturers like OnePlus and Xiaomi while Apple is where you'd go if you prefer iOS (which is great, because keeps Apple on their toes).

Galaxy Note 7 unboxing video
    https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CsuvBSpUsAIVOeN.mp4
    You're right in the end it's just a phone, and their both similar and do the same tasks. I'm not saying iphone is a bad phone, it just lacks customization and the many features that samsung has. What parts they use for their phones is irrelevant to me as long as they are not cheap and flimsy. The samsung brand in general is just to me overall better, they not only offer phones but many different electronic peripherals. It's also stated in many other sites and opinions that s7 has the edge overall vs the iphone 7.

Iphone is a typical american brand, you ever seen americans and their cars, they think their cars and mustangs and chevrolets are the best and those americans love their cars. They will never accept the fact Honda/Toyota and other Asian and European cars demolishes their cars anyday in looks, speed, style, and mechanically.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    ...in some places you won't even find any tech support or service points.

--snip--

Never again, as good as these phones come you need them to be reliable, having one fail at the least expected time and not having any official support to sort it out sucks.
    But I suppose you can find them in Canada...
    I have a little Sony Xperia. Close to stock; fast, tiny, swappable memory, waterproof, and has long battery life. But I've already paid a replacement's worth in repairs - warranty is short, you have to send it out for repair, and costs are steep. Great product, mediocre service.

And now even the phones aren't as good; their latest compact has a cheaper build, no waterproofing, no magnetic or Qi charging.

What's so difficult about making a consistently great product that keeps features people have liked through the years - and being able to stand behind it? I'd be totally willing to pay a premium for the product and advertise for free if the service is good enough.

Thread Information