User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

So give to Sja94 mod ability!! problem solved

nice video sja i had exactly the same case today but it someone without a name now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannabis View Post
    So give to Sja94 mod ability!! problem solved
    I'm not the right person to be a mod, I rage too much.

>> Insta players regarding the hacker, that comes at night... mostly.

Serious now,
    This is beyond a mod's capabilities, the only thing you'll be doing is increasing the ban entries by dozens.

On @UT-Sniper-SJA94 's video, the exploit being called is the 'NN Gib' function that usually gets called when a player encroaches into another player (teleporters, translocators), this function has a lot of authoritative control on the client and the server does almost no security checks, zeroping level shit here.
    I could be able to pull that same mass murder crap in less than 30 minutes.

Either have this fixed or remove NewNet, I don't want to start a poll.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

@TimTim ^
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Why didn't the people in the server take 2 seconds to vote kick?

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Either have this fixed or remove NewNet, I don't want to start a poll.
    Go ahead. I guarantee most people would rather put up with this than deal with the lag and bounced shots that is ZP/LC. Actually people have already said multiple times that they prefer this because it's simply better gameplay. SJA and only one or two other people are complaining about this exploit. There's a 100% chance if ZP was put back on servers, you'd see more complaints and people wanting NewNet back on. And the fact that I've played dozens (hundreds?) of maps since Hyper-X started passing around the cheat and not seen it once is evidence of the fact that it's not a big issue at all. Don't make mountains out of mole hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I could be able to pull that same mass murder crap in less than 30 minutes.
    How many times do I have to say this... I could enter siege right now and exploit your LC mod to cheat for weeks without a single player knowing about it. The demonstration of this particular exploit within NewNet (and coincidentally why NewNet is the preferred mod of pretty much everyone nowadays) has nothing to do with the mod itself. It's a demonstration that people can and will cheat no matter what. You can't stop them. So in this case, making it difficult would only make it harder to detect. It's not my or NewNet's fault that people don't take 2 seconds to vote kick.

I'd be glad to make an anticheat for it but Higor you need to open your eyes and see the world for what it is. If I do this, it will start a chain reaction of whack-a-mole where the cheaters come up with more ways to get around the anticheat. And again, it will only lead to cheats that are very well hidden.
    Last edited by TimTim; 07-21-2014 at 11:24 PM.

On the combo server the kick vote was removed, because the players there have a serious inbreeding problem, and they accuse everyone of cheating and they kick people for no reason.
    90% of the time he always leaves before he gets the right number of kick votes, and returns with a new name, and you have to start other again.

Another problem is that he uses peoples names of players that are in the server, and quite a few times the innocent player gets kicked. Not everyone looks at the player id next to the name, and knows to kick the higher value.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    cuz guy 2 l33t to be kickd
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Maybe you haven't seen it... not many peoples have access to a mapvote keybind or just don't care to kick vote (and I mean by majority to have enough to be kicked).
    Mapvote do have a bug somehow, can't kick an admin message. This prevent players kicking. Even reconnecting doesn't help other than making unbalance teams.
    Another issue is, the guy notice he going to get kick voted, he reconnect to the server.
    3rd issue? He bypass mapvote kick. Same way with bypassing ban. It's endless.

So either way, we are all screwed until we come up with something "better". But from the look of it, I don't think that will happen cause no one want to work on it.

So screwed... 2x.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 07-21-2014 at 11:31 PM.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information