CTF-SharkTank - Page 11

User Tag List

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: CTF-SharkTank

Quote Originally Posted by Yash View Post
    Yeah, I too admire this thing that in some places of map is too much dark that make difficulty in looking players too....

Please place as low as low power ambient light so that atleast we can feel something there.
    Ambient brightness is set at 1 so the structure of the map is visible but it keeps the dark places almost black.

If you need it a bit brighter press F11 a few times till its bright enough.

If you play in Window mode. Well youre screwed. Why not play Full Screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Brightness 5 is a default setting, if can't see shit in there then your map needs to be fixed.
    I used default brightness to test this map and I play with it. Playing with higher settings washes out the colors and u dont see dynamic light correctly. This map has dark places intentionally.

I've seen screenshots of people playing 10/10 brightness. Sure u can see the enemy better but you lose the intended feel of the map.
    Last edited by (bO.o)b; 07-10-2015 at 05:05 PM.
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

SO...

WHO WON THE FIRST GAME? lol I knew i wouldnt be around for the first complete game.... I know a few games have been played! Post screens noobs. Map feedback. anything :P

Question for the Admins!!

There are Biterfish in the water(s) and they dont show up on your server. Biterfish are set bAlwaysRelevant True and bGameRelevant True and they showed up on Chamberly's server.

Can you enable Biterfish on your server? The sharks are dumb. Biterfish warn the sharks when somebody falls in the water.

If someone login as admin and try to spawn a monster and it doesn't spawn, then they had the monster OFF in the ut.ini setting.
    Admins, you can turn it on making a command to set it on, and it will stay on until you use the command to turn it off, without having to shutdown the server to fix this.
    Nice little trick eh?

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    If someone login as admin and try to spawn a monster and it doesn't spawn, then they had the monster OFF in the ut.ini setting.
    Admins, you can turn it on making a command to set it on, and it will stay on until you use the command to turn it off, without having to shutdown the server to fix this.
    Nice little trick eh?
    What she said

--- Updated ---

Wow just played my first real game on it. Once people start to understand the map, the games got better.

Still lots of detractors who try to discourage people, but haters gonna hate

If you hate my map so much, why not just leave. Why sabotage your team's effort by not really playing and whining incessantly?

Leave, Spec and/or please
    Last edited by (bO.o)b; 07-13-2015 at 12:43 AM.

I like it, played a match and a half of it earlier. Lots of nuke rooms, plenty of tele spots and tbh I don't think I found them all yet and explored everywhere xD. The only thing id really change (pretty minior) is that holes by the core and the hole going up to that area above core, to be accessible by using jump boots once.

Also that area top right of core with the 2 waterfalls.... its kinda hard af to kill enemy tele if they make it there (jay im looking at you), why not make the 2nd waterfall the same as the first?? That way opposing team has a very small chance atleast to get it back, only way to get there was with trans and with jetpack none of us could get into it either. Other then those couple of things I think the map is very nice.

I was just telling Cham about that room in the falls.... But it is a vulnerability for both bases so for now, some noobs are just learning about it and might protect it better soon.

There are supposed to be Biterfish in the water to make getting up there a bit harder. I might submit a fix version iff its a problem.

As far as the hole by core. It is intentionally hard to get up there. If u can get up there with boots, so can your enemy :P

Theres an easy way up with boots. PM if you want the solution :P

Or booster might work. havent tried that yet though
    Last edited by (bO.o)b; 07-13-2015 at 02:46 AM.

I was waiting some time now for a SharkTank match, got in a game earlier today.

It's a very nice map. I like that it's pretty dark or even "too dark" (brightness 6 does the trick for me except for those pitch-black corners), and I like all those secrets, waterfalls and other cool things. This sort of detail I only see in MonsterHunt maps.

Just a few things:

1) The sharks are too weak. Getting the mid item is hard already but I expected those beasts to be really scary. Maybe I was lucky escaping them. BTW: Can I kill the sharks? How many HP?

2) Those huge slopes may be a bit too enticing for players addicted to camping. The match I was in there were no campers so I don't know of course.

3) I got sort of stuck in the enemy core room "hole" but I guess it's not meant for going through, is it?

The performance on this map is very good already, only a few slight framedrops in the mid area.

Good fucking job. Looking forward to your other contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    BTW: Can I kill the sharks? How many HP?
    Only the ones in the mid between bases and not by midspawn. It's a trick, but I won't spoil it in the forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    I got sort of stuck in the enemy core room "hole" but I guess it's not meant for going through, is it?
    Nope not meant to go through. Troll hole is a troll.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Maybe you could hide/obscure parts of the slopes with foliage.

Not trees of course, but a few leaves here and there maybe.

One could shoot trough but not see through it (partially).

The "moist" environment and the overall visual setting would make lots of green very plausible

Thread Information