Request to remove DOA ARENA map

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Request to remove DOA ARENA map

@ |uK|B|aZe//. @SAM

Good day. I just like to give a brief over view why this map should be removed, we played this map a few minutes ago and it was chaos, but what I want to bring to your attention is that nukes are been destroyed through the wall with or with out the force field. Yeehaw had 25+ nuke kills shooting at the wall an FF, this of course cost the team a big loss and at one stage he killed 10 nukes by shooting on the wall, they is obviously a gap on the wall were a shot can be fired an nukes destroyed and is that not a bug? They was a thread somewhere were higor spoke about the explosion on the FF transferring to the nuke hence destroying it and they is no other place to build the FF with out it touching the mini room inside so if this map remains nukes are going to be consistently be killed through shooting at the wall or the force field. You'll might ask a question why don't you build an inuke? Well on this map with the constant spam at the door an very high chance of getting boosted of the map its a 50/50 chance that you will or will not be able to nuke. I know many people like this map but the bug which I mentioned above an everyone or nearly everyone knows, is making the map not fun and lastly just something to think about many people take time to build up their ru so say it takes a person 15minutes to gather 1300ru for a nuke he builds it and its destroyed thought the wall or FF, the player has not only lost 1300ru but also his 15minutes gaining that ru which he will never get back. This is all I got to say. @Moskva was in that game he could shed some light and give some advice. That's all. Have a great day ahead all, take care.

Kind Regards
    Kumar_Jodha

I disagree with your "Option".

I lost all but 1 nuke by this feature, or bug, depending on how you want to look at it. Not sure who made this map but if the designer could make the nuke room larger this map would be much better IMO. That being said are we 100% sure that only a FF transfers the impact inside and it’s not the wall thickness? And if this is only caused by a misplaced FF, we are having an issue with the no-remove rule…

Your team built a SC that was leechable from outside, add to that a bug and you have a deadly combo.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Yes the forcefield bug is annoying. Lot of nukes have been killed by this BUT if you are saying the nukes got destroyed just by hitting at the walls (*not FF*) then this is bannable because i saw some people hitting the window of the nuke room in Kanjar to kill nukes and they have been banned for that so do provide a demo imo

Made sure to make all the nukes outside of the forcefield radius and they would still die, to be fair I saw yeehaw get in the base a couple of times, but not more than once or twice, so I'm guessing the options were either get them killed inside the FF or by shots at the wall.

Like I already told Kumar though, I don't like DoA at all, however if people want to play it then they're free to do so.
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

A nuke has 100 health.
    It takes ONE misaimed rocket to kill it, suddenly, you get a clusterfuck of rockets going towards that SC.
    Even if the bug gets fixed, you still have a SC providing literally tens of thousands of RU to the opposing team.

On the pug's 0026 this bug should be fixed, but it's an experimental build and Siege's not the top priority update.
    On the roadmap the very next package to be updated would be LCWeapons @SAM

I don't know what are walls on this map made of, but when i was leeching blue sc which was sticking out of wall, i sometimes used to hit players who were beyond (sic!) this wall. Also everything goes pretty weird after some quantity of buildings in a way that powerups and nukes get built instantly and superjetpack (for exmaple) doesn't work properly at all, and this makes no sense. This entire map is a leech.
    Last edited by gogen; 09-04-2016 at 03:28 AM.

If the SM in the enemy base is inwards and you have an FF, there's a certain distance from which you can enter the FF, not get killed by a SM, and shoot grenades which bounce off into the nukeroom without them hitting the FF and killing you.

REMOVE THAT MAP!!
    If he killed through the wall... adeus amigo!

Thread Information