SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 45

User Tag List

Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    So far I noticed 2 bugs:
    The Poison Guardian effect sounds continue to play after death (they shouldn't) but I haven't noticed the slowness being persistant this time.
    Sorry to ruin it but the PG is bad. Yesterday on Aleria I walked right through it 3 times in a row with no effect. It started to work after that but when I respawned I had the slow effect every single time with sound. I had to suicide to get rid of it every spawn after touching it.

Dash pad is bugged, if you jump near the end of the dash it carries on constantly so you can run at hyper speed. Yeehaw did it earlier several times not long ago.

I personally think you are going OTT with siege now.

Also this...... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cons.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	3349

Why do I have a fat ass ring around my crosshair making it look off centred?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    fluke it is possible to remove those things but my settings are drastically different to yours, I can record and send you a vid of what my ut looks like on whatsapp if you want so you can see if thats exactly how you want it?
    If it gets rid of that forced ring, then I am all for it.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-07-2016 at 06:07 PM.

There server is barely reaching 20% cpu overall load.....I don't understand how the playing experience worsens with each release.....I don't mean to demean your hard work @Higor. But a good way to get to the root cause ie knowing whether it is siege or not would be to roll back quite far.aybe as far as siege ultimate - simple as an experiment to see whether these seemingly inherent problems disappear or not

Then we can maybe brainstorm what is going on....I will also have a better idea of whether we require a better server or if it is hardware be that cpu, IO or even ram load.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I don't understand how the playing experience worsens with each release.
    @Higor Not listening to the community is one major part of it I feel. Pitch your ideas rather than just do it your way, and then take it into account when developing. The wheel is so OTT for a game this old, UT99 players don't like change. Just look at maps with HD textures like those I have made, people hate it complex and enjoy simple, see the pattern. You wont change that no matter how hard you try, and that is from experience.

I have the utmost respect for your script skills, but utmost disrespect with how you are controlling siege and blanking those who will be using it. It is like some random person online thinks they know what is best for everyone else and gets confused when people blow up in their face. Stop forcing things onto people man, make sure everyone has the choice to use the vagazzle addons if they wish to or not.

all this aside, the playability as Sam points out has got worse with each release, almost like bugs were not fixed and more bugs layered on top of it.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-07-2016 at 09:29 PM.

I don't understand how the playing experience worsens with each release
    What makes you reach that conclusion?

But a good way to get to the root cause ie knowing whether it is siege or not would be to roll back quite far.aybe as far as siege ultimate
    I've come to appreciate Nelsona lately for a very good reason, he's a far more persistant and capable betatester than I am.
    He would evaluate this particular issue by inserting an actor that examines ticks and then logs the output.
    Right now we don't know what's causing the 1-second lags, so this looks like a nice idea to see if it's a deadlock or a connection interruption.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;118458]all this aside, the playability as Sam points out has got worse with each release, almost like bugs were not fixed and more bugs layered on top of it.
    Please report any remaining bug outside of messed up movement affectors (PG, Dash) and Eff% display, this way the post-weekend fix is more complete.
    PD: That poison guardian hadn't been upgraded the first three times you walked through it, ppl sometimes take ages to upgrade builds.

- - - Updated - - -

I found this wise proverb in the least expected of all places:
    "If you see shit in the toilet it's within the norm, if you see it in the kitchen then you have a reason to be worried about"

Make up what you want from it and apply it to the latest posts.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

There's a mod group on whatsapp everyone there has complained about "lag" or perceived lag....I've asked for demos of this lag and someone actually made a video of it on whatsapp and it's synonymous with some sort of CPU or timing related issue....Also witnessed this on the home PC too, which I've not seen happen before. Now that this is replicable, it is down to finding whether it is version related...or not. And the only way to do that is actually rollback versions. I don't want to roll back to RC21 so maybe early versions of SiegeIV will be best, before the reworks basically.

Because people have complained about issues for a long time mate, but you continued to blank them. You are a very talented Uscript DEV, but you let it down when you refuse to acknowledge people who complain or have issues. So players see no point in reporting problems any more. You dug yourself a very deep hole in regards to player trust, it isn't reversible now IMO. It gets worse with each release because players have to endure bugs upon bugs every single time, with the game altered over and over again. There have been countless times I wanted to set up a server with siege ultimate, all for the players who just want it simple based siege that drew in the highest traffic of any UT99 server. People are tired of you changing everything without knowing about it. The game is far too old for that.

PD: That poison guardian hadn't been upgraded the first three times you walked through it, ppl sometimes take ages to upgrade builds.
    It was lvl 4 when I went through it, lvl 5 is when it got me and had the effect after respawn.

With all due respect Higor, no mod should be released with so many glitchy issues. While you see it as a hobby project, others see it as their gaming experience is ruined while you fix problems which tend to cause a knock on effect. The current server setup needs to be kept apart from the beta. 2 servers, one DEV public and the other public normal. This way people can still play if the new release produces bugs, they can simply switch server.

Clearly your personality is self involved, but I do not believe you are blanking players vindictively, its just your personality. One thing you should have done is remove that minigun super sniper after so many complained, you shot yourself in the foot and lost respect from over half the community. I am not trying to bad mouth you like I was a few months ago, which was down to disruptive personal reasons. I really just want to understand why you are so disconnected from the major players in this community.

This is why it gets worse each time with of course glitches and lag issues. I crashed yesterday 5 times in a row during a leech game. Tickrate and ACE GPF and I was unable to use demo manager.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-08-2016 at 12:19 PM.

complained about "lag" or perceived lag
    If you mean the ping suddenly being 40+ than average, I agree.
    Some days I get 180, others I get 220 for no absolute reason, and tickrate remains stable so it's not the UT server.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;118468]Tickrate and ACE GPF and I was unable to use demo manager.
    Aha, I know that one, it's a server timeout.
    When the connection is interrupted without a 'disconnect' notify, your client will see everything freeze and in exactly 7-8 seconds demomanager will crash the game before your client decides it has timed out.

Everything keeps hinting towards low network quality, it's been hinting for two months already.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;118468]so many glitchy issues
    Do I have to keep asking you to enumerate them (outside of the previously mentioned?) or will you continue to create hallucinations of me being the big bad guy and then needlesly become angry at it?

- - - Updated - - -

demomanager will crash the game before your client decides it has timed out
    I have workaround for that and it's to reduce the timeout timers in your netdriver settings from 15 to 6 seconds.

the pg bug happen today

makc walked through the pg and spawned with really slow speed, had to kill himself to go back to normal speed.

Bad movement affector code, already in roadmap.

Aha, I know that one, it's a server timeout.
    When the connection is interrupted without a 'disconnect' notify, your client will see everything freeze and in exactly 7-8 seconds demomanager will crash the game before your client decides it has timed out.

Do I have to keep asking you to enumerate them (outside of the previously mentioned?) or will you continue to create hallucinations of me being the big bad guy and then needlesly become angry at it?
    The raging at you was completely out of order and I have before, and now for the last time apologise for the anger issue, I am not above admitting I behaved in a vicious manner and was completely wrong to do it how I did. Now you see I do not react like that and it is down to a reason I am not getting into on the forums. But if you want to provoke me as you are now, you will see no anger from me. You are not important enough for me to care about any jibes you make. I made my peace and apologised on more than one occasion. Get over it Higor.

Making you look a bad guy is your own doing. You blanked polls, you blanked players, you blanked bug reports......that's what a good guy/dev does? If it is, then I was doing it wrong for 7 years developing the RX series, I cared what people wanted and instantly rolled back if a player was suffering too much. I cared what the community wanted and @|uK|fleecey can confirm it. I always posted what I was planning to add before adding it.
    Still you try to make it like no one else has said they are annoyed at you with your forced releases and that it is just me "hallucinating"? So you did listen to all the polls and players and nerf the minigun then?. As for the bugs being reported, you always ignore them and never roll back the server so you can fix the issues, you just let it sit on the server for everyone to endure until some break and never return. You are a brick wall when it comes to listening.

There is no new traffic to UT99, you are meant to keep the existing traffic from leaving UT to move onto newer games, but you live in a fantasy world thinking new players will come along. You are slowly squeezing out players due to how you deal with the siege development. So many people quit over the minigun alone, it wrecked the game for them and you knew all that, it was widely reported.....you ignored it.

What you have done is quite impressive, but it just is not right for a 16 year old game. Is it really so much to ask for you to put new addition ideas on the forum to see what the real players thought? You just went right ahead and spring it on people without warning.

I really do not understand how you are still so blind.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 10-08-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Thread Information