User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Yeah it stay on yesterday, no issues, no random shut down.

But the only way to open it now is to plug the power button cord to the mobo and when it turns on, i've to unplug it before it shut down lol
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

OHHH I read that incorrectly. I thought you meant you unplugged it and plugged it back in once and it works all the time now.

Power buttons just work to tell the computer it is time to turn on. It shorts the prongs that you are attaching the cable to on the mobo when you press the start button on your case. You can do the same thing by taking metal (like the tip of a screw driver), and touching the same prongs on your mobo with it (be sure you only touch that part of the mobo if you do this).

So this works 100% of the time? No matter what you have to plug the case's power button into the mobo and then unplug it before the pc turns off?

I have never had power button issues before like this. I have never heard of a power button on a case shorting the entire mobo to the point to where it wont turn on. Does the cable touch ANYTHING else in the case when it is plugged into the mobo? Anything. Any other part of the mobo or pc parts or the case itself? Is there any damage to that cable? Does your case have any lights that turn on with the pc? Hopefully somebody else perks up otherwise it may take a bit of googling to figure it out lol
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    I think I might found the culprit of the issue.

The power button cord (power LED cable) that is connected to the mobo. I manage to turn on my computer by unplugging it and plugging it back, then unplugging it. Computer doesn't shut down after a few seconds.

Bastards who diagnosed my computer removed the thermal paste on my cpu T_T
    So it's the power button as I suspected right?

Quote Originally Posted by eliteverga View Post
    So it's the power button as I suspected right?
    Yeah. Power button with its cord/cable.

So this works 100% of the time? No matter what you have to plug the case's power button into the mobo and then unplug it before the pc turns off?

I have never had power button issues before like this. I have never heard of a power button on a case shorting the entire mobo to the point to where it wont turn on. Does the cable touch ANYTHING else in the case when it is plugged into the mobo? Anything. Any other part of the mobo or pc parts or the case itself? Is there any damage to that cable? Does your case have any lights that turn on with the pc? Hopefully somebody else perks up otherwise it may take a bit of googling to figure it out lol
    I plug the cable to the mobo to turn it on, then I unplug it before it shut down. Computer runs smoothly. Works 100% so far.

There is nothing else that touch the cable. Since the cable is unplugged, there is no light on the power button when the computer is on.
    Last edited by LordRixuel; 05-17-2017 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    Yeah. Power button with its cord/cable.

I plug the cable to the mobo to turn it on, then I unplug it before it shut down. Computer runs smoothly. Works 100% so far.

There is nothing else that touch the cable. Since the cable is unplugged, there is no light on the power button when the computer is on.
    Is there a reset button on the front of your computer? If there is you can power it with that button, you just need to put the power switch wire to the reset pin spot on your motherboard so now your power button can be the reset button.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteverga View Post
    Is there a reset button on the front of your computer? If there is you can power it with that button, you just need to put the power switch wire to the reset pin spot on your motherboard so now your power button can be the reset button.
    Yeah so long as the problem is with the button itself this should work. Your reset button would now be your power button and vice versa.However, if the problem is the cables, or just the mobo in general, then this may result in the same scenario.

Does the power button seem stuck at all or different in any way when you push it? Did you build this or was it a custom build/some stock pc? At least you can get it on now, and it definitely does not sound like a $450 fix lol
    Fierd_0/Doppelganger/Donutdan

it's prebuilt by HP lol

There is no reset button or switch on the psu. No reset button the front. The power button is just a pressing button.

The power button looks fine, it doesn't stuck, but it's still weird how its cable cord still cause the random shut down. So in the end, I've to unplug the power button cord off the mobo to be able to use the computer

Thread Information