Are you following rules or blindly ban everyone when you get killed? @NoobDog

User Tag List

Are you following rules or blindly ban everyone when you get killed? @NoobDog

Hello everyone, especially you NoobDog (I think it is Norddog by looking at the forum, but you had the nick by the time you banned me).

My name is Oskar, and I occasionally play UT'99 when I have a reflection moment, when I like to think about the time when I was a teenager. About 12-15y ago I was playing UT'99 semi-professionally, my specialty was iCTF. Firstly I need to admit, that I do not care if you unban me now or never, like I said I play UT'99 not so often these days. I just want you to revisit/rethink your behavior and say, that banning me did not change your life or how miserable you were/are. To describe situation:

Map: Abassys (or whatever the name was - I do not memorize all the names) - small one with jump-pad in the middle, two passages on sides and elevated flags in a small, opened rooms.
    Map Situation: Playing 2vs3 (I'm on the 2-players side)
    Why I got banned: I met NoobDog in the middle, shoot 2 times, turned around and started dogging backwards the enemy flag, but I managed to land a hit on the NoobDog's bottoms. Angry admin opened the console and banned me for I think a long time, too long time for a occasional player who even didn't know about rules and existence of this forum.
    Why I think it's ridiculous:

- It was 2.00am! We played 2vs3
    - Killing you wasn't an assrun - it was a tactical decision to take you down BEFORE you managed to take my flag
    - I had a better position and angle, so I could easily hit you and I did it (u mad bro?) BUT, I didn't assrun you, even your ban message says: 'BANNED FOR BACKSHOOT' (with all capitals)
    - Not every shot in the back is an assrun. When I usually go pass players, I turn around and shot, but I DO NOT CHASE! Look at what that rule did with all players on the server! Everyone is just scared to take a shot after someone passes them! This is just unplayable. iCTF is not a DUMB shootout where people with a better aim win the game. I, my team, won a lot of tournament matches where we weren't better shooters. You have to make the decision when to kill someone, or let him pass by you. Or sometimes you have to stay at the opposite team's spawn and kill them while your team is holding enemy's flag. Or maybe like on DUKU, take the middle and camp there to just hold the middle ground while your team is taking the enemy flag - but such behavior according to your rules is banable. Either you overuse your power and kill the stage completely or you actually start making the decision when or who to ban.

There are still couple good servers where I can play, but your is the most popular one for iCTF, don't ruin it by blindly banning everyone who managed to kill you when you turned around.

Thanks,
    Oskar.

But turning around is backshooting if you shooting..

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...INSTAGIB-RULES

Here read them..

Hi Scream, thank you for your reply,

yes, I read the rules after I got banned, here are couple more comments:

1. Why do you ban straight away relatively new players? A kickban for one game with link and information 'READ THE RULES" would be sufficient enough
    2. The rule states:

No excessive back shooting or chasing • The reason I use excessive is because back shooting and chasing will happen regardless but if neither flag is taken why are you backshooting or chasing? The only reason you should be doing either or is to cover the flag or killing a flagcarrier or a player covering a flag I understand sometimes you don't do it on purpose it's a reaction shot or twitch/reflex) (This rule will be changed at some point or another more examples added.)
    I didn't excessive back shoot anyone, as I said in the previous post, the rule made everyone to blindly try to pass by the other players just to be safe and covered by the rule under heavy punishment of getting banned.

Question: What if situation needs from you to stay at the position and wait for backup? I presume that according to the rule, in a case you're waiting for support and camp/try to avoid players you're not allowed to shoot anyone till someone fires at you first. In the other case you get a lot of noobs whining 'He's camping and backshooting me!'
    2nd question: I assume, that in the spirit of the rule, I cannot shoot anyone when we cross each other, where is point in that? There is significant difference between assrunning and turning around, dogging backwards, towards the enemy flag/base, and making two-three attempts to shoot few enemies down. If I am wrong, please correct me, and correct/specify the rules. For instance: Cannot backshoot anyone under any circumstances, just let me know that, so I could play with my recording on, so I could catch everyone who does it to me.
    I understand assrunning is annoying and I don't like when someone is chasing me, from my base to the enemy base, just to kill me, and I agree that such behavior needs punishment. In addition it needs balance and common sense, I strongly disagree that turning around to take couple shoots is something what you should give ban for.

Thanks,
    Oskar.

Quote Originally Posted by 0.5L View Post
    Hi Scream, thank you for your reply,

yes, I read the rules after I got banned, here are couple more comments:

1. Why do you ban straight away relatively new players? A kickban for one game with link and information 'READ THE RULES" would be sufficient enough
    2. The rule states:

I didn't excessive back shoot anyone, as I said in the previous post, the rule made everyone to blindly try to pass by the other players just to be safe and covered by the rule under heavy punishment of getting banned.

Question: What if situation needs from you to stay at the position and wait for backup? I presume that according to the rule, in a case you're waiting for support and camp/try to avoid players you're not allowed to shoot anyone till someone fires at you first. In the other case you get a lot of noobs whining 'He's camping and backshooting me!'
    2nd question: I assume, that in the spirit of the rule, I cannot shoot anyone when we cross each other, where is point in that? There is significant difference between assrunning and turning around, dogging backwards, towards the enemy flag/base, and making two-three attempts to shoot few enemies down. If I am wrong, please correct me, and correct/specify the rules. For instance: Cannot backshoot anyone under any circumstances, just let me know that, so I could play with my recording on, so I could catch everyone who does it to me.
    I understand assrunning is annoying and I don't like when someone is chasing me, from my base to the enemy base, just to kill me, and I agree that such behavior needs punishment. In addition it needs balance and common sense, I strongly disagree that turning around to take couple shoots is something what you should give ban for.

Thanks,
    Oskar.
    You got told several times after several maps to stop backshoot. You kept reply i Only shoot 2+3 times after peoples asses. So you got warned several times
    Now you know the rules, so Ill remove ban.

why even turn around is my question ? when you have the flag its fine , not else , if you turning and shooting its a backshoot if no team have the flag , and have to be stupid to do , cos you will need to kill them atleast 2-3 more times .

I don't know why you guys care if he doesn't care to be unbanned... xD
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    :Smart:

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Nordog View Post
    You got told several times after several maps to stop backshoot. You kept reply i Only shoot 2+3 times after peoples asses. So you got warned several times
    Now you know the rules, so Ill remove ban.
    Thank you. Like I said, that I am trying to shoot 2/3 times when I am dogging back to the enemy flag and I have the angle to do so. I noticed only whine of one player that I shot him in the back, I didn't notice any recommendation about reading the rules, but that might be my fault as I have very small HUD to extend general visibility. Therefor my chatbox is rather small.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|ScReaM View Post
    why even turn around is my question ? when you have the flag its fine , not else , if you turning and shooting its a backshoot if no team have the flag , and have to be stupid to do , cos you will need to kill them atleast 2-3 more times .
    It seems like you didn't read my previous posts. One more time, I played 2vs3 on a small map, turned around to kill a guy who was approaching my base to take the flag, to save myself and my teammate problem of getting back the flag. For me it's easier to enter the base, spawnkill couple times while taking the flag and rush back to your own base without the need of returning back the own flag - tactical decision, it wasn't definitely excessive assrun, I never do so. It was a flick.

Once again, specify the following rule for me, please:
    No excessive back shooting or chasing • The reason I use excessive is because back shooting and chasing will happen regardless but if neither flag is taken why are you backshooting or chasing? The only reason you should be doing either or is to cover the flag or killing a flagcarrier or a player covering a flag I understand sometimes you don't do it on purpose it's a reaction shot or twitch/reflex) (This rule will be changed at some point or another more examples added.)
    It looks like you have a lot of problems with small maps with your rules, I recommend either to remove all small maps from the server completely or change/abandon the rules for smaller maps, like w00t, Abassys or andAction. On maps like Control and Duku it makes sense to disallow assrunning/camping because you can definitely say if someone is doing it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    I don't know why you even add a post which doesn't add anything valuable...

Thank you,
    Oskar.

But read it and you will understand.
    The only reason you should be doing either or is to cover the flag or killing a flagcarrier.

you really want me to spell it out for you?

ok, so it's clear that you care about the ban judging by how much you have to say, but your main problem is your attitude

You come here out of nowhere, insult the mod that banned you and finally what's most ridiculous you expect the rules to be changed/revisited just because you occasionally have a reflection moment and want to play a game or two?

Know this , this community plays this game a lot and believe me we like those rules and respect them not becaue of the fear of being banned but because they make the game more enjoyable, free of losers who want to have fun at our expence...
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Thread Information