[IRC] Is there currently a bot in #siege? - Page 3

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Siegepug is one of those things. No one shows an interest. But once it is up....it's like 24/7
    There are several reasons why siege pugs died and I'd like to clear that up.

The main reason was because of the server.. I remember exactly the last game we played on the Ape server which was filled with an awful lag, everyone left and we were waiting for a fix on it... well.. waiting for quite a long time I'd say, waiting so long that the bot magically disappeared from inactivity. We still wanted to gather and play a pug but it was impossible to do anymore.

There was a moment when Kumar decided to make pugs going. He tried to gather people almost every night and it did worked out for a period of time. He was acting as an IRC bot and writing every single line a bot would say by hand, so we could get a pug going on IRC - now that commitment is worthy of a big applause! We had to play on Higor's server but the connection was awful and not so fluid as THE Great Ape server. We even had to play on a Public Game Mode, since the Pug Mode didn't even worked for us... We had some good games, it was short and enjoyable, but it was not in the right direction.

The previous ape server was not by me....and nor was it at a location that I would have suggested or picked.

The new location is the same as the siegpub. I've moved it myself but haven't actually looked at it's config. I can do that though. Lag etc will be easier to pinpoint and will not be due to server load.

Load is only at like 15% of 8 cores of an E5 2697......get the games going. Should be a lot better, fingers crossed.

Where are you going to host the script? I'm happy to install our own irc server which would avoid this situation in future....
    All you need is node.js installed on a computer for it to work, the bot has a registered account so it can be given mod in channels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
    4way pugs
    Was that 3v3v3v3 or 4v4v4v4?

- - - Updated - - -

Added support for up to 4 teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost done for testing. I just need to do the auto last pick, and make the text easier to read so it's not row after row of the same color text. Also need to add PMS for when the pug is filled, and check for username changes(it will only affect pms).

Add things like set tournament on/off by captain, we already have admin alert that does the .promote on siege. If the bot is well developed we could easily start hosting instagib pugs too, with ACEv10

Add things like set tournament on/off by captain, we already have admin alert that does the .promote on siege. If the bot is well developed we could easily start hosting instagib pugs too, with ACEv10
    By tournament mode do you mean the sever settings, or something else? If it is the server settings you might have to wait a little bit for that feature, I'm going to set up a linux box in my house to host a test server for my stuff I want to make in the furture, UT related and other stuff.

Adding other gametypes is easy, I've tried to make it as easy to customize as possible:

Code:
    const gameTypeList = [
    	{ "name":"Siege5", "playerCount":10,"captain": true, "teams":2},
    	{ "name":"Siege6", "playerCount":12,"captain": true, "teams":2 },
    	{ "name":"4WaySiege", "playerCount":2,"captain": true, "teams":4 }, 
    	{ "name":"TDM2v2", "playerCount":4,"captain": true, "teams":2 },
    	{ "name":"CTF1v1", "playerCount":2,"captain": false, "teams":2 },
    	{ "name":"CTF2v2", "playerCount":4,"captain": false, "teams":2 },
    ];
    I want to add the server query stuff like !ukinsta then get the server data and display it in IRC, I'll have to learn the node.js UDP API, which shouldn't be that difficult as everything with node.js is well documented what i've seen so far.

Also I'm wondering if you could hook a team balancer up to node.js and use a database like mysql to store all the data, and balance games by the users users.ini nexgen ID, or use ACE then use the persons HWID.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to leave it on #siege for 30 minutes if people want to mess around with it:
    (!list to display games list, !join gamename to join a queue)

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    Was that 3v3v3v3 or 4v4v4v4?
    It's 3v3v3v3
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

THANKS OoPER!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT love u

Go Away....

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    the one on quakenet was also ours but everyone from siege uses globalgamers, just one of those things, its not really an issue which server we are on because we have weblinks and server commands to take you directly to the channel

thanks for doing this sja

Great work! Thank you

This is great. The VM server is up too. So we won't have to deal with the bot being offline when his mum decides to turn off the PC

Thread Information