User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    that's a miss lol u can actually see in the wall where the shoot hits, got registered if you see that "impact" effect.
    Never Lucky.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    You shot to the side of the player

It's called Packetloss , aparently nn's packetloss compensation isnt the best :P
    ^^^^^
    I'm wrong, i didn't saw the video i was on phone :/
    Last edited by Khrome; 01-10-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Being stupid

Technically, you missed the shot, but I have always considered shots like these to be a bug with UT's hitboxes + the way the player model's animation can sometimes go off center from the hitbox. This issue has nothing to do with NewNet, but NewNet does make it more obvious when it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    1 of 3 clicks give no shots, and if i hold my firebutton down i fire every 3rd second
    Sounds like your shot timing is off, clicking too soon before you're able to.
    Last edited by |uK|Nordog; 01-10-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Technically, you missed the shot, but I have always considered shots like these to be a bug with UT's hitboxes + the way the player model's animation can sometimes go off center from the hitbox. This issue has nothing to do with NewNet, but NewNet does make it more obvious when it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like your shot timing is off, clicking too soon before you're able to.
    Nope. Most of the times it happens i havent shot in a long time. Holding my shot for 3 sec and no bueno. Its a newnet setting. Had it on a few newnet servers, but only lately on the uk servers. Idk if sam changed anythink last week or 2.

I can live with the bug, is only annoying when good Players are on the Server. And when you look at their shots Which do not hit 100% But still killing.
    here's an example Movie 100% no hit but die xD go on speed 0.25.

Quote Originally Posted by Provocation View Post
    I can live with the bug, is only annoying when good Players are on the Server. And when you look at their shots Which do not hit 100% But still killing.
    here's an example Movie 100% no hit but die xD go on speed 0.25.
    That's a synchronization/logistics issue. What you're seeing is where they hit some number of milliseconds ago (essentially half their ping + half your ping). The discrepancy is more noticeable the higher pings are + the faster the killed player was moving. Not much can be done about this without adjusting the hit location on your end or bending the laws of physics, speed of light, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nordog View Post
    Nope. Most of the times it happens i havent shot in a long time. Holding my shot for 3 sec and no bueno. Its a newnet setting. Had it on a few newnet servers, but only lately on the uk servers. Idk if sam changed anythink last week or 2.
    Weird. I've never had this issue. It is certainly possible something has changed.

Last edited by TimTim; 01-10-2017 at 04:41 PM.

@TimTim Thanks for the explanation, one learns again and again

Thread Information