User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DontWorryBeHappy View Post
    It's clear to me that an open discussion of certain rules has to take place someday. I see a lot of complaining about mod/admin behavior and I can understand many of those complaints. On the other hand, some of the sarcastic comments are true as well. You need rules for this shit.

A general problem is this: Those who PLAY the game are in NO POSITION to judge fairly over anything that happens WITHIN the game. You cannot observe something as big as an ultra-complex multiplayer video game from within. You just can't. You will only see what you WANT to see because you are involved. It's really that simple. I suggest to strip ANY admin/mod of his "powers" if he openly says otherwise.

A simple solution for many of those repetitive problems and resulting threads would be this: Those who wield "admin powers" cannot participate in a game. End of story. They can only be an observer and "spectate". Only then they have the full picture.

Sure, there will still be fights over who is right and who is not… but it would be a reasonable change… add to this mandatory demos/screenshots and the egocentric admin behavior will cease to exist.

BTW, I don't play CTF because I'm a noob. My suggestion applies to all game modes, be it CTF, Siege or … well, BunnyTrack can exist without this shit, lol.
    Good post and I agree 100%! Players who have admin rights should not use those powers. Like it or not, they are biased.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Your weapon kills with one hit: backshooting breaks the game.
    Your weapon doesn't kill with one hit: backshooting doesn't break the game... (unless it's 10v10 and no xloc).

Logic is pretty simple, if everyone backshoots, there would be no caps.
    If that is true maybe the premis of the game needs to change. I know there are some maps where a person can get from enemy base back to friendly base without being seen due to the complexity of the map. Team work comes to mind as well, is there cover fire? Does the team have a snatch and grab strategy? Spawn points contibute as well. Are the spawn points all in the home base?
    Sorry but trying to regulate kills and type of kills just makes no sense and then add to that the manipulating of strategy by telling someone no back shooting and it just seems like whats the purpose of playimg the game?
    Weapons....less lethal weapons may be an answer too....aside from the enhanced plasma rifle no other weapon is a one shot and dead weapon. But then what prevents players from buying shields?
    Too much tegulation can kill a game and players will go to other servers with less regulations IMHO.
    Last edited by 1Shot1Kill; 06-21-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    Too much tegulation can kill a game and players will go to other servers with less regulations IMHO.
    That's why I'll never play instagib CTF, I'd get my ass permabanned in less than a week.

The only way to play with this system without any kind of regulation is by creating the 'turtle shell' item lmao.
    It'd be like a special item that would prevent you from killing someone based on certain conditions while giving you a visual feedback (be it via a skaarj shield coming out of the ass, or a custom shield belt effect to indicate invulnerability against you).

The second way to play with this system, is to not allow players to respawn after X time (subject to game scaling, so times may be 30% lower).
    = 2.00 seconds base time.
    + 0.15 per kill, reset after killed.
    + 0.10 extra if said kill was a spawnkill (1 second counter on enemy spawn).
    + 0.10 extra if you were sitting in the same spot for over 3 seconds after a kill.
    - 0.10 if you died by someone doing the above.
    + 1.00 if suicided.
    + 0.25 if your flag was taken from the base in the last 3 seconds.
    - 2.00 if your flag is out of your base for 8 seconds.
    - 1.00 if you were spawnkilled.
    - 1.00 if you got killed with the enemy flag.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

TLDR

join ictf pugs instead no admin abuse there.
    Last edited by Deepack123; 06-21-2015 at 03:26 PM.

You edit your post as soon as I get to my pc .

Some reasons some people don't want to play pugs:

- That person doesn't want to wait an hour + to play a pug,
    - They don't have the time to commit to a whole pug,
    - That person doesn't wants to use teamspeak,
    - They want to have the freedom to leave the game, or change to another server anytime they like,
    - They don't have the computer to run all the maps that are played in a pug,
    - They don't have the internet connection that is stable enough to play for long periods of time.

There is admin abuse in pugs lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fugit View Post
    I don't know what has gone here over the last couple of months but the mods and admins are simply out of control...

While playing the last couple of days I have been kicked from the US Insta server for ASSING (whatever the hell that is) by Fleecy... got a 3 match ban by J2B for something during 'AND ACTION' on the COMBO server, that I still don't understand .. (it's AND ACTION FFS!!!)... and warned during a WOOT match for DM'ing even though I had more grabs than the rest of my team and most of the other team COMBINED... Fleecy again... not to mention the fact that me dm'ing is a comical thought at best. Often times it takes me 5-10 respawns to move an inch on WOOT and you kick me?....

... FUGIT!
    I know this is something I least care about but isn't it time for the uK head admins to think about re-evaluating some of their active mod/ staff admins they have. I don't mean removing admins I mean maybe moving certain admins to different game types example siege, BT, because weps and ictf requires skilled and experienced admins imo. It's common sense admins like uenz, timtim, nordog, higor are well experienced admins in the mod ictf and are reasonable and fair admins, I don't think I've seen a case in any of them placing pathetic bans on people. Most of them have been around playing this mod for years and played pugs where there are 40+ acc players on a daily basis. The judgement between a well experienced admin compared to an amateur admin is quite a huge difference. For example, I'm sure if a 40+ acc player plays in ictf pubs admins like nordog, uenz, Higor, timtim, can tell if that person is legit or cheating just because of their experience they had playing ictf pugs but others like just2blond/fleecey might think that person is cheating due to lack of skill and experience in the ictf mod. That kind of experience takes many years to acquire which is why certain admins are better suited for other mods. I'm kinda surprised none of the other admins can see this by now. It's like allowing some kid with very little skill and experience in ictf to admin the ictf servers they will ban for anything that annoys them. Forgot to mention the maps that are mostly played in pubs are open like woot it's kind of pointless to ban people for spawnkilling when that's a spawnkilling map itself.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    You edit your post as soon as I get to my pc .

Some reasons some people don't want to play pugs:

- That person doesn't want to wait an hour + to play a pug,
    - They don't have the time to commit to a whole pug,
    - That person doesn't wants to use teamspeak,
    - They want to have the freedom to leave the game, or change to another server anytime they like,
    - They don't have the computer to run all the maps that are played in a pug,
    - They don't have the internet connection that is stable enough to play for long periods of time.

There is admin abuse in pugs lol.
    you'd be surprised how much people play pugs with even worst hardware and internet connection than you. You were always a decent to good insta player to me so if you probably pugged regularly you would find it far more fun yourself than ictf pubs. As for teamspeak you can go nomic as long as you tag it and about waiting an hour well it depends if your a frequent pug player then you know what time the pugs are mostly active. I see nothing wrong with waiting if you have time to browse and read forums then nothing wrong with waiting an hour or so for a pug.
    Last edited by Deepack123; 06-21-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepack123 View Post
    I'm sure if a 40+ acc player plays in ictf pubs admins like nordog, uenz, Higor, timtim, can tell if that person is legit or cheating just because of their experience
    True, that is why they all think you have cheated and probably still cheating . You are such a joke, please continue trying to play drums instead of trying to show yourself as a wised man and persecuted one .
    I don't care about your judgement (true or false...) as others admins/mods around . Long time i haven t kick you from server, still able to play and freely cheat or ?

--- Updated ---

just2blond/fleecey might think that person is cheating due to lack of skill and experience in the ictf mod
    Yup and this is my real skill, not a downloaded one .....what is the worst, playing legit as a noob or thinking you own a game with wheating
    Blond's copyrighted

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    True, that is why they all think you have cheated and probably still cheating .
    lol I rest my case. This is what I totally meant and yes im cheating shhhh lets keep it a secret don't tell anyone. Here is proof that I'm cheating in pugs too ;Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats

but i trust you won't tell anyone cuz I toggle it hard xD

oh no.. it's a 50 acc he's gotta be cheating god damnnnnn....... let's ban em HERP DERP!!

--- Updated ---

please continue trying to play drums instead of trying to show yourself as a wised man and persecuted one .
    wow you seem to know a lot about me kind of creepy since I have no clue who you are.. didn't know I have fb stalkers :S. Have you been riding your broom sticks and witch hunting for me in the servers lately? If so you won't find me better luck looking through pug servers instead xD but hey don't take me too serious im just a troll....
    Last edited by Deepack123; 06-21-2015 at 05:41 PM.

drums
    Deepack plays drums? @Deepack123 I challenge you to a drum off!

Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    Deepack plays drums? @Deepack123 I challenge you to a drum off!
    i intend to keep my personal life private but some people like just2blond love to be nosey smh but yea I play many instruments drums, acoustic guitar, piano, even instruments from my culture such as the harmonium, tabla, etc. Enough bout that lol sure I'm up for your challenge xD.

oh no.. it's a 50 acc he's gotta be cheating god damnnnnn....... let's ban em HERP DERP!!
    I'll sweep you with a 69% acc any day, bitch. :P

Drums included.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information