User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Last edited by SAM; 08-28-2015 at 03:24 AM.

Oh yeah let's all just allow people to have names that have the n bomb in it, confederate flag, Jews in it and all the bad stuff without considering people's feelings. Fuck that, i don't care what the intentions of the player had when he picked that name, it should not be allowed whatsoever.

Seriously i don't care if the name is Muhammad, Jesus, mosrs, the Quran, or whatever, don't try to offend people's beliefs. Case closed, i wish people can just respect other people's ideas and religious beliefs. Yes there is freedom of speech but with freedom of speech comes responsibility with it. If you start trying to offend someone than expect some punishment. Not everyone has a thick skin

@Zac read some books or something, Muhammad was like a prophet of the islam religion. Once Muhammad died, islam divided into two groups the Shia and Sunni. One of reasons there are a lot of people with the name Muhammad is because they want to commemorate him.

Ps i do agree that the ban should not be ppermanent. Nordog should of switched.his name or sent him a message to change his name asap. If he didn't comply then a ban would be placed with a message to post on the forums for an unban.
    Last edited by Shotman; 08-28-2015 at 01:00 PM.

There seems to be some confusion about what freedom of speech is. Freedom of speech means is that a government cannot decide what you can and cannot say or express (except in some cases such as credible threats, etc.)
    |uK| is not a government, and as such, they have the right to kick anyone out of their servers for any reason they may have. If they want to have a zero-tolerance policy against nicknames that they deem offensive, then that's the way it's going to be. End of story.
    If you want to play on a server that does allow potentially offensive nicks, you are free to open your own servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Yes there is freedom of speech but with freedom of speech comes responsibility with it. If you start trying to offend someone than expect some punishment.
    Thats such a nasty disgusting attitude, its never ok to initiate violence!

should of switched.his name or sent him a message to change his name asap. If he didn't comply then a ban would be placed with a message to post on the forums for an unban.
    I don't know if this guy has been warned before (there has been quite a bit of few peoples doing this) but I'm sure he would've keep going to earn the ban by ignoring and keep changing the name back to something offensive. We do our best to prevent the ban by letting the people know. Repeat offenders usually end up permabanned.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

If it's the Polish player I think it is, he has made comments like "there should be another holocaust" to players from Israel.(was quite a while ago, > a year ago).

Seriously i don't care if the name is Muhammad, Jesus, mosrs, the Quran, or whatever, don't try to offend people's beliefs. Case closed, i wish people can just respect other people's ideas and religious beliefs. Yes there is freedom of speech but with freedom of speech comes responsibility with it. If you start trying to offend someone than expect some punishment. Not everyone has a thick skin
    Do you realise that bad ideas (like religion) have bad consequences in the real world?

But yeah, let's stop criticising bad ideas because the people who treat women like a commodity, throw gay men off of buildings and stone them to death, promote an anti-birth control agenda in extremely poor, over-populated and disease-ridden countries, try to push anti-abortion laws on (raped) women and massacre people by the thousands for believing in the wrong god might be offended.

Freedom of speech doesn't interefere with freedom of religion.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94
    If it's the Polish player I think it is, he has made comments like "there should be another holocaust" to players from Israel.(was quite a while ago, > a year ago).
    Well, that doesn't really fit in with someone who seems to be opposed to Islam. Probably just a bad, inconsistent troll. Maybe the same guy who likes to call german players "Nazi".

Thread Information