User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would nerfing mines be helpful?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave them the way they are

15 41.67%
  • Limit the max number of mines

13 36.11%
  • Nerf damage or require higher upgrades

7 19.44%
  • Increase build time

3 8.33%
  • Increase visibility

7 19.44%
  • Increase cost

4 11.11%
  • Don't pay out for nuke kills

1 2.78%
  • Increase RU leeched from mines

12 33.33%
  • Give mines a time limit or drain HP (must rebuild)

2 5.56%
  • Limit number of mines per player

6 16.67%
  • Apply limits only during overtime

4 11.11%
  • Display effect on hit (Higor)

6 16.67%
  • Make Rocket Launcher detection highlight it (Higor)

9 25.00%
  • Reduce HP

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mines

irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

Ребята, извиняюсь за язык, но как можно..
    Просто заебали.. сука у меня слов нет ! Вы вообще люди ?!
    Нет ! Не интересно хуярить из снайперки, которую вы так ждёте "in sup" - идите нахуй !
    Лоховство.

jay2 - знаешь чем угодить !) Спасибо бро !
    Для этой песни есть лучший клип :

Прекратите снайперить ребята, Вы провоцируете это говно !
    Last edited by Kate*Bush; 07-22-2016 at 04:27 AM.

Вот ничтяк ребятки :

Мины нахуй удалите !

Я просто жду экшена, а его всё нет...
    Ну разве это сложно, ну сделайте экшен, ёбанарот !)

Карты - говно ! Я вам подскажу хорошие - обращайтесь !
    Last edited by Kate*Bush; 07-22-2016 at 05:14 AM.

Majority is 50/50 almost which completely nulls this poll (not that polls ever get listened to anyway). I see no reason to believe Higor will make any changes unless he himself wants the asked for change.

Minigun nerf is all I would want but taking out door jammers or limit 1 within a given range so there are not a load of them spammed on a door is something I would like to see, even though it isn't in the list. I see jammers like door glitching that was bannable a little while back but now it is a feature?....... go figure. The mines issue is only there because no one is willing to fire off a mid air nuke to kill them for the following nuker. This is evident when one team pushes hard with coordinated nuking on Simplex (normally coincidence than teamwork). Nerfing the mines makes it easier for the high skill players to dominate where as now it balances the teams better (not that teams are balanced most of the time)

Higor is self centred and wont make any changes he doesn't like himself, but will force others to put up with his ideas without caring if those changes are hated by most. Time everyone stopped having hopes that community polls will make any difference in what the community wants.

This would all sound like I am bashing Higor if what I said wasn't true. I would change that opinion if community polls are upheld completely rather than nothing more than text wasted on a forum.

Not gonna happen with Higor at the dev helm IMO, far too self absorbed with siege progress. But it is what it is and has to be accepted like it or not, especially as I have disliked everything from before the new constructor model that was forced on everyone. Others may really like the new additions so opinions have to be a little more open on what is disliked and figured out the majority wants (like polls.......). This poll for example is split too close so the right thing to do is nullify the poll as a draw (Unless you want brexit style rules where even the tiniest majority wins leaving a split community.).

People forget many regulars do not use the forum, even more reason why polls might not be fair if it is close. Opinions and suggestions are in the same boat on forum because not all opinions are counted.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 07-21-2016 at 10:24 AM.

I missed you too.

Btw, the NOT nerf option has only 42% of the votes.
    This means ~58% voted for some sort of nerf.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    I missed you too.

Btw, the NOT nerf option has only 42% of the votes.
    This means ~58% voted for some sort of nerf.
    There are multiple votes from the same people, but you haven't counted that issue. only a single vote from each side should be counted, then you will see a totally different percentage.

Still not a big enough majority as I have put above. For the poll to be completely accurate you would need to factor in players who cannot vote, so a high majority should be the only result with forum dwellers. Very high sided polls are blanked as well, so are you saying this poll means you will make the changes even though you ignore what people want normally Higor? That will surprise me coming from you but would be highly welcomed by all.......finally.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 07-21-2016 at 10:46 AM.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;114742]Nerfing the mines makes it easier for the high skill players to dominate where as now it balances the teams better (not that teams are balanced most of the time)
    I consider this half right, it's "easier", but trying to reward the "lower skilled players" does not balance the game, it will eventually make it worse, they will never get out of their comfort zone to try and compete with the top ones, evolution is all about adapt or perish, you don't cripple the lion's legs to level the playing field in the jungle.

Also one more thing about the mines, it's usually the winning team that gets the advantage on mines. How? It's quite simple, you keep the other team busy on their side of the map and you have all the time and space to create mines making it harder for the other team to attack you, giving the room to your teammates to only worry about raiding the other base and eventually snowballing the advantage.
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by Moskva View Post
    Also one more thing about the mines, it's usually the winning team that gets the advantage on mines. How? It's quite simple, you keep the other team busy on their side of the map and you have all the time and space to create mines making it harder for the other team to attack you, giving the room to your teammates to only worry about raiding the other base and eventually snowballing the advantage.
    That is 100% correct, although it also poses a problem when the mine builders don't have a clue and just keep building mines instead of actively trying to breach into the other base.
    The 15 limit should be good enough to keep any map well covered, but without seeing over 9000 mines in specific spots... where they end up turning into leeches or simply delay you for a whole minute because you need to get rid of 5 mines in a tunnel.

IMHO the biggest mine nerf isn't either the limit or the 10% extra RU... but the headshot fix coming in 0026.
    Now headshotting isn't all borked and sniping mines can hive headshots without requiring low angles.

Now to wait for sam..................................
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Fluke does have a point though. Maybe people... Like? Like the snowballing and mine spam. Who knows.

What's a good balance between what players want and what actually makes for a balanced game mechanic?

In any event, if we want to talk about steamrolling with no chance at retaliation, you might look at maps where sniping is everything and there are no counters, like Bathrooms. The best you can hope to do on those maps against a stacked team is shore up defenses at close-range fighting areas, leaving no leeches, and get RU only from cheap frags.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    In any event, if we want to talk about steamrolling with no chance at retaliation, you might look at maps where sniping is everything and there are no counters, like Bathrooms. The best you can hope to do on those maps against a stacked team is shore up defenses at close-range fighting areas, leaving no leeches, and get RU only from cheap frags.
    What I do at least in that case is apply counter attacks, wait for them to attempt to attack the base, get help from sp's to get an advantage and start taking them down, in the case your team loses the fight, you spawn, get ammo and eventually kill them, if your team wins the other team was overextended allowing your team to gradually advance further.

Depends on the team comp, but in a map like Simplex you get trapped if they're pushing too much, but in a map like Baths you can bait them to get into the base and kill them there granting you control of mid (even if it's for a brief time) allowing to execute offense.

It's a somewhat risky tactic, however it's way better than dying without a purpose while attacking by yourself, allowing the other team to advance AND giving 50 RU for free
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Thread Information