User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    I would play more there, but as of now I am afraid to play there since I have no idea how many more (confusing) rules will be added in the future which can get me banned from there
    Know that you will always get a warning from a mod before getting banned and an explanation should be available on the spot, if needed. If you have a further question about it bring it here. Regarding your example of spamming the supplier, one shot per life is allowed (could be rocket 6 pack). Enjoy. No need to be afraid -- just play your game the way you like and make minor adjustments if a warning is given.

Really what the rules have done is decrease the lameness in public siege games, making them more enjoyable for play. Of course, there may be debate over whether some of these tactics are lame, but the nod primarily goes to the prime developer (Higor) who is doing some real nice things for the game individually and cooperatively with a growing supporting cast.

Yeah, because instead of enjoying the game, I have to count how many times I shoot someone in the face... and here I thought that's what the game is supposed to be about.
    I don't disagree with most rules, the thing is they are too many, and that's making the players focusing more in what they should NOT do rather than simply relax and play the game for what it is.

Again, in the past there were only 2 rules: no camping and no cheating. The end. What happened? Right now you have enough rules in the server to fill up a page.
    In no time uK's will also have a court system, judges and lawyers:
    "Case no.9000: Mr X here made a leech.
    Judge: so, what do you have to say in your defense Mr X?
    Mr X: I was just playing the game your honor...
    Judge: I condemn you to N matches without playing.
    Mr X: Ok...
    <goes to another game>"

Fun, hein?....
    Let's say I get to know all the rules... what if tomorrow you guys decide that it's "lame" to build platforms in the door ways to hinder a team's advancement? I sure did that a lot, and while they were distracted trying to destroy them, I was killing them and heading to their core... but hey, some of them would just cry a river and in the next day put a rule to forbid it...

I bet all my modding years that every single one of your rules can be translated to code to prevent all kinds of behavior, and proof of that is that no one even thinks of multi-gunning anymore nowadays, or glitching builds, or others, simply because such doesn't work anymore since they were fixed in some way.
    Regardless, it's your server and all, and this is just my opinion, so do whatever you guys want. Personally, I won't play there anymore if I have to think in every situation if something is legal or not out of your own sheer opinion of what's "lame" and what's not when most players don't even come to a forum in the first place, because some of it are not common sense at all but simply whining, like build rocket cannons around a supplier: up until months ago it was a fair tactical move to hinder the team to head for the core, now it seems nowadays I just have to hope to not be killed by the guys in the supplier and hope that the core is not too close to their supplier otherwise I may get banned (sounds familiar?). Back then I would get attacked by the rockets many times, and guess what? I didn't whine, instead I thought in advance and made sure to protect the supplier beforehand, and it fucking worked... but I guess if you try to protect your base from such attacks you don't have RU to build nukes... that's such a problem, isn't it? The result now is that the only effective tactic is nuking the hell out of the base, because it doesn't violate any rules (so far...).

Regardless, this is perhaps the most complicated example on how to handle it with code, but it's pretty simple: until there's at least a supper supplier and the core upped to level 5 (among perhaps other buildings), rocket cannons would be disabled.
    In the rest of the match, whoever is in the supplier will not get harmed from any attack but won't be able to fire any weapon either.
    If a player is too close to his team supplier, unless he fires any weapon at all, he will remain invulnerable.
    Certain builds would never be build-able close to a supplier (Higor could even make this flexible enough to be setup in the server ini).
    Fixed. And that way, anyone can use rocket cannons near the core or other buildings without ever worrying about the supper supplier or an admin banning him out of sheer misinterpretation in his intentions.

Don't misunderstand, I played so far without getting banned once and I do know most of the rules, and follow them, but the sheer thought of being possibly even warned just because I am trying to play the game as it is, is very unsettling and detracts the whole fun from it.
    And this is pretty much everything I have to say about this matter. Now it's up to you to either do something about it, or keep adding rules which are nothing but a hindrance to who's playing normally and a proof of power to the admins since everything starts depending on their own judgement, which as we saw so far from all the threads on banned players, even they disagree with each others...

I agree with Feralidragon. As a new player of Siege, that was precisely my experience (confused/worrying about being banned and not knowing exactly how/why). It's obviously preferable to do things in code whenever possible. That goes without saying.
    I really hope that some invulnerability is added to the supplier's code. Rules like that are often one-sided and end up actually unfairly protecting in a one-side way. *Not* being able to fire upon enemies in the supplier is fraught with problems as I mentioned in another thread. The simplest example:
    * 1 guy firing upon you while he stands in the supplier
    * 2 guys not firing

And sometimes this happens over and over as they respawn quickly and go in there... and meanwhile you're still traversing to the core. Example of Simplex is a good one. That's a long hall to get to the core and virtually impossible to do without firing in the general area of the supplier.... at least without a lvl5 trans or some such nonsense. But fire upon the supplier (at least more than once) and people will report you. All that could be fixed with the simple rule of invulnerability that a player gets to volunteerily sacrifice if he fires while standing in the supplier. It would be best to disable bouncing imparted from impacts too if you haven't fired (otherwise, you could get knocked out of the supplier) ... or maybe that'd be a good thing?

You take the fear of a sup spam ban too seriously.
    The ones we ban for this usually go in, shoot the supplier, hide, charge shoot again and repeat until killed.

And tends to happen a lot on maps like Clarion and Niven, hello, the core is right around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    You take the fear of a sup spam ban too seriously.
    The ones we ban for this usually go in, shoot the supplier, hide, charge shoot again and repeat until killed.
    And do you put your hands in the fire for what you just stated? Because I am pretty sure I have seen people being banned for a couple of matches (sometimes hundreds) and in different situations, by different admins, whom disagreed with each others relative the actual situation at hand, and sometimes the ban was lifted, sometimes it wasn't.
    And those happen rather frequently for some months already, and it's getting worse and out of hand imo with the addition of more and more rules, some with some sense, others out of sheer whining to make the gameplay their own way rather than what it was meant to be.

I have been just lurking lately checking the topics during the past months, and I see plenty of features being added and fixed, but nothing to handle these situations which I dare to say: are far more important.
    You know as good as me these can be handled through code, so why the hell not? Code at least is consistent with its own decisions, people are not, it's that simple, to not mention just like every rule in the world, they're subjected to different interpretations generating confusion like this even amongst yourselves, and this may be making some players leave the server out of fear of getting banned for just playing the game, because an admin happened to see something he/she interpreted as deemed of ban, when it may not even be true.

Believe it or not: people are flawed and many times corrupted with power, code is not if done properly, and it's clear what's been happening lately with all the topics surrounding these issues during the past months.
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 08-07-2013 at 07:16 PM.

The supplier spam rule is being enforced with not as much of an iron and as before.
    And most of the lately bans handed by this reason are 100% agreed by mods.

About coding, spamming the supplier does have negative effects (-50 ru instead of +50, core will stop generating RU for a short while), and I actually feel it isn't enough.

The supplier spam rule is being enforced with not as much of an iron and as before.
    And most of the lately bans handed by this reason are 100% agreed by mods.

About coding, spamming the supplier does have negative effects (-50 ru instead of +50, core will stop generating RU for a short while), and I actually feel it isn't enough.
    how bout a code where its like
    when supplier touchs player it turns on a trigger or something so when the other team fires let say like 20+ damage it does lets say 50 - 80 damage to the player

dude srsly you can't solve the problem of sup spam cuz there are players who just sup spam to get kills or whatever and the are people who sup spam on their way to the core so they don't get killed.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    dude srsly you can't solve the problem of sup spam cuz there are players who just sup spam to get kills or whatever and the are people who sup spam on their way to the core so they don't get killed.
    THATS WHY YOU DONT

core will stop generating RU for a short while
    Really? I didn't even noticed... but thanks.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information