User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

State of the game from my pov

Hello people,
    since I've been playing quite regularly on your servers recently, I thought I could share my opinion about the state of the game it is right now from my point of view.
    The first thing I want to adress is the (lack of) backshooting. At least in my case I rarely find a player constantly backshooting or dming without reason. That's a good thing and I think most of the people still playing on the publics now know better how to play according to the rules than before. In my opinion the will to avoid dming even goes too far sometimes. Example: I enter your base on let's say control. I am close to grabbing the enemy flag. One guy is in front of me, shoots once, but then walks on pretending I'm not about to take his flag. When he's at his exit to the big mid room I grab the flag, he turns around and shoots me That takes fairplay a bit too far and is not "playing CTF" like it says in the rules I expect the guy to try to kill me in that scenario because I'm a threat to his flag and he's in a position to prevent me from taking it.

There is one more thing I'd like to point out:
    There are so many people not covering their FC. They kind of pretend to do so by fragging some respawners in the enemy base but after that they just keep standing there waiting either for the flag to get capped or returned by the enemy team because of lack of cover
    I know you can't force everyone to suicide or whatever after they returned their flag in a flag standoff, but that's not the situation I'm talking about. This happens when people's own flag is save at home.
    This is most prominent on small maps like abreez. People get into the enemy base together, one picks up the flag, the other one's spawn killing some guys but then doesn't move on with his fc.
    I really try to not do that myself and even got flamed for it in the end (kind of - explanation later). People staying in the enemy base are going to get the next flag grab. Those guys trying to cover the FC won't get these grabs, because they're busy in the middle of the map covering and - after the flag got returned - running back into the enemy base. Those player will have significantly less grabs than the other people, despite playing better CTF than them. And that's where I got flamed for my low grabs by someone chain cherry picking the flag because he couldn't be arsed to cover his fc. Even on w00t I try to go back to my side of the map or at least not cover from behind enemy spawns, cause I think that's lame.
    And that's why I'm here - to promote this kind of CTF style and maybe to clarify the "play CTF" rule further to some people.

PS: That's not a rant but rather a friendly attempt to improve everyone's experience on the pubs.

Some good points thanks
    The Police is the Klan is the Mafia

Honestly uenz, If you have a cherrypicker complaining about your grabs, it would be like b0w0w complaining on Morpheus, so should just take it with a grain of salt
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Always thought spawn killing on abreeze and woot was about topping up your efficiency and accuracy.
    The Police is the Klan is the Mafia

People complaining about me doesn't bother me at all. That was just a side note. I know that I'm at least trying to play CTF.
    I just want people to understand what they're doing wrong when they're just staying in the enemy base.

Yeah I get the point, it's just that I doubt it will ever come close to a pug styled match, where you could have one or two of your cherrypickers attempt to play defense only to be called campers by the enemy team. I'm sure those guys just want to avoid trouble, hence why they do their own thing grabbing flags considering you can't get reported/banned for that.
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

well .. i would like to say a few things about cherrypicking ....

we had a lot of discussions about that on TS.

situation: /regular map like duku or what ever) ... you spawn in ur base, ur flag is gone.. u look in ur base if ur fc is around ... noone to see !! u go out of ur base but cant find the enemy fc ... so u went to there base but .. no fc there ?? what sould u do ?? wait for him to get his ass in base to kill him and get ur flag back ?? or go back to middle and backshoot ppl in ur way ??

there are a lot of situations where u cant see the enemy fc but when u went out of there base again (without suicide, coz not everyone have a suicide keybind) u need to backshoot ppl to find him ?? (backshooting is not allowed) so what should u do ???

i wait in there base to kill the enemy FC but when the enemy flag will be returned in that time, i need to cherrypick there flag ... or whould u let him cap first ??

i do agree with stupid, sit in base wait for cherrypick is stupid ... but there are so many situations where u cant do anything else then cherrypick or backshoot ur way out of there base again

Sounds about right. I don't play the game anymore but as I was reading your post, Abreez specifically popped into my head. Lo and behold, you mention it shortly after lol. There are just some maps that are ill suited for proper CTF play, but that's part of their appeal on the pubs I guess. People need to use their brain and take the map layouts into account and how they affect game dynamics/stats before criticizing others.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|SiL3nc3 View Post
    well .. i would like to say a few things about cherrypicking ....

we had a lot of discussions about that on TS.

there are a lot of situations where u cant see the enemy fc but when u went out of there base again (without suicide, coz not everyone have a suicide keybind) u need to backshoot ppl to find him ?? (backshooting is not allowed) so what should u do ???

(

if both flags are taken and there is a standoff, as sure as shit you can shot anything you want to, and from where ever you want to until the flag is returned... i dont think you can get banned for that but maybe that changed recently..

Hi Uenz..

CK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptorr View Post
    I'm not that stupid to use cheat 2 times

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Agree with you @uenz but no matter how hard you try, you will not get everyone who knows how to play basic ctf. Countless times as you saw last night wgen the flag was dropped at flag stand waiting to be capped only for everyone on my team to be cherrypicking.... only way you will alter peoples mindsets is if they were taking part in regular pugs or actively seeking to improve in ctf play/teamwork

Thread Information