User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I've said it in various threads. Start posting traffic samples because even though I run these servers, I have a life to live, money to earn, health to look after. I can't sit around my house on a computer 24/7 tending to your lag issues. It doesn't pay my bills.

If you give me a cookie, I will give you cookies back. You post an MTR sample of when lag occurs and I will reverse the trace to see where it is. If it's your ISPs fault. What do you want me to do? Pay them so they don't oversell your connection? Buy better internet. The servers load is below 20% at peak. That's nothing. The bandwidth utilisation is 10% traffic per month on a 1gbps port switch.

Step one: post traffic samples
    Otherwise stop making stupid posts about nothing is done. If you have any memory problems, just remind you that we recently moved data centers not more than 3months ago the only reports were people constantly crying that they have high ping or lag. No one ever wants to post any traffic samples to address the problem but they want a magic fix. Time and hours spent rebuilding servers at my leisure is not free. I could actually be earning some seriously solid money. Now. Three months later. Same complaints, guess what? Same people too. Just verbal crap without anyone willing to open the MTR program and run it for five minutes. But you all expect me to dedicate give days in server rebuilds?

All of you need a reality check. It seriously is getting to the point where MTR or don't bother posting about your lag problems. Because it is not server load related. It is not network related. The only thing left is the client connect and the client PC. I can't fix either of those. So if you're not willing to put the work in to improve your gaming experience, well, you're all shit out of luck.

Greetings.
    How about mod load SAM? Is it not even an idea to entertain that the siege mod with all its tedious extras are not somehow a drain? Most have the issue at random times, sometimes it lasts for a few hours, others a few minutes. Can the idea of a persons connection which can weaken depending on nationwide load? What if all MTR results came back fine? then what would you do?

You are being a little narrow minded, remember the days where a MTR was not how it was done? hard graft with problem solving is how we did it and solved issues. are you so sure it isn't something server side as in the mods it is running? Sorry pal, but there are far too many people on different ISP's all having the same issue at once. You can't play the ISP card without expelling every tiny issue or newly added mods etc.

Here is an option while you wait for the MTR responses. Roll siege back to when it didn't have the new constructor that was forced onto people, let it run for a week or two and then see if any more issues are reported, if they are then you know you have eliminated siege as a cause and can put the over the top version back on.

We all have lives to live sam, that isn't really a good enough excuse when you haven't actually altered the current server setup to see if anything server side is causing it. roll things back, it will take you 30 minutes maximum to roll it back, hardly shattering your real life time is it. I know a mod can cause lag if it has bugs from experience so it isn't a guess a mod can cause lag. Siege has more bugs than the Amazon rainforest, I think it is a plausible reason to check out to at least eliminate it as a reason.

You can't play the "I have a life" card, you are the boss of siege, that means you are in control when things run smooth, or when they go sideways, it is the choice you made regardless of your real life issues. If you do not have the time to do things then why don't you appoint people you trust to do the right thing for the players, except for higor, I trust him as far as I can throw a elephant.

here is my MTR
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mtr.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	3064

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    Only quoting cause I don't know how to tag people in post.

I can vouch for you ignoring mine and others opinions on siege. I gave up on persuading you to make siege into something more than glorified sniper arena a long time ago. I had a nasty pm typed to you a few years ago that addressed that and my distaste for your style of play, but I've moved past that. Understand that I don't hate you, but I do hate your gamestyle and have since you first started playing. I played for pride and style, you played for safety and efficiency, that's how I see it. I'm not trying to go off on you since I'm not active these days and don't know how the server plays anymore, but I do want to know one thing. Why would you ignore veteran top players input on ways to improve siege? You're obviously good at coding siege, nobody else has that knowledge that is still active, people that have played a long time and know siege well want to have a say though. It's not an elitist thing either, it's objective that the best players understand the game on a deeper level than most. I want to understand what goes into the decision making for your versions of siege, what is the intended outcome?
    He still plays that way. Yesterday I saw him spam containers everywhere and told him to stop spamming builds, just like I would anyone else. He responds, just like anyone else that they are there to block nuke splash damage, aka "a good reason". He full well knows that if builds are spammed everywhere then a player gets warned for providing leech, continuing to do it will get a vacation. Then instead of reason I get told it is only 20RU if a container is destroyed as they were spammed and not upgraded. I banned a player for exactly the same thing for 25 matches only a few days ago, but he feels himself above the guidelines laid out and exploits every trick he knows as if he is waving his little siege knowledge ego about for everyone to see.
    He only stopped after I told him I do not care what his reasons are, stop spamming builds, just like any other player can't.....and of course added I don't care because it is how a unhinged person would do it. I will not become Bias for him or anyone else.
    I say it often, I do not care who you are, the same rules apply to everyone even the coder for siege.

So you can see, he has not changed at all, maybe a little worse than he used to be around the time I caught him exploiting his own bugs.

It is a shame as Higor has good coding skills but it seems to have all gone to his head. Hence building siege around what he wants and likes and blatantly ignores everyone else in a blind arrogant manner with a side order of dilligaf. Its a shame seing a great mod being handled by someone with a big ego that refuses to listen to the community or suggestions. Self centred person with zero thought for anyone else.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 05-23-2016 at 10:56 PM.

We lost that DoA game because the window didn't have anything to annoy nukers and block them, sucks being unable to build those in the last 3 minutes because you can't be flexible.

@Rays
    You've obviously missed the resonable input I've gotten from some of the players that weren't hellbent on bashing me and instead decided to be constructive, Adrian and Dangerboy got lots of good stuff I wouldn't have thought of added.

The reasoning behind some of the changes is variety.
    Being able to play in many different ways to make the mod appeal to all kinds of players and to make defenders be more creative (funny, today only VERY FEW players manage to effectively defend).
    Being able to push an advantage even further instead of getting locked in a Nuker vs Nuker showdown for the next 50 minutes, and also being able to push it very early.
    There's nearly no rubberbanding at all so the excuse that I'm making it better for noobs isn't valid here (I know of a few games that started applying rubberbanding, I quit them)
    Also, remember those 4 hour overtimes? When was the last one?

Just because sniper can't hit ducking players doesn't mean that the whole mod is shit.
    And if pulse gun had lag compensation would you start bitching at it as well?
    The best way to handle both the pulse gun and the minigun is to make protectors lower the health to 20-25 instead of 10.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Mod load has already been looked into. Which is why the new native replication has been disabled. I'm not being narrow minded, at all.

And your loss is occurring client side. On hop 5.

I'm really not playing any sort of card. If I an verily identify the issue, I will put the time in to address them. The problem is people want me to put time in when they don't want to spare a five or even a minute.
    Last edited by SAM; 05-24-2016 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yesterday
    Fugg, what map?

We lost that DoA game because the window didn't have anything to annoy nukers and block them, sucks being unable to build those in the last 3 minutes because you can't be flexible.

@Rays
    You've obviously missed the resonable input I've gotten from some of the players that weren't hellbent on bashing me and instead decided to be constructive, Adrian and Dangerboy got lots of good stuff I wouldn't have thought of added.

The reasoning behind some of the changes is variety.
    Being able to play in many different ways to make the mod appeal to all kinds of players and to make defenders be more creative (funny, today only VERY FEW players manage to effectively defend).
    Being able to push an advantage even further instead of getting locked in a Nuker vs Nuker showdown for the next 50 minutes, and also being able to push it very early.
    There's nearly no rubberbanding at all so the excuse that I'm making it better for noobs isn't valid here (I know of a few games that started applying rubberbanding, I quit them)

Just because sniper can't hit ducking players doesn't mean that the whole mod is shit.
    And if pulse gun had lag compensation would you start bitching at it as well?
    The best way to handle both the pulse gun and the minigun is to make protectors lower the health to 20-25 instead of 10.
    What kind of changes were made based on their suggestions? You can't use bashing as an excuse either, you've got to be able to roll with the punches if you're going to be a developer, are you really filtering the already limited amount of feedback your getting based on who hurts your feelings? I've had your back for quite awhile you know, I get that people shit on your work for dumb reasons, I was patient but you ignored my input, seemingly out of spite.

I'm 100% sure that if I brought up something relating to siege gameplay to you in the past that I wasn't just jumping down your throat with nothing constructive to say. I've already established that I don't respect your gamestyle, unfortunately for you that means something to me, you aren't always going to get a friendly tone from me because I draw my opinion of you based on how you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Yesterday
    Also, this is called being blown the fuck out. Sorry not sorry.
    Last edited by |uK|Rays; 05-24-2016 at 12:26 PM.

McSwartzly and Hillforts don't count lol, but yeah, if the long overtime was on anything other than those two maps, i'd like to know.
    @|uK|Rays there's been a few fellows that have never contributed anything constructive, how am I supposed to take any feedback from non-constructive criticism? It's physically impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    I was patient but you ignored my input
    Remind me what that was about please, given my lack of memory I totally must have overlooked it.

to make defenders be more creative (funny, today only VERY FEW players manage to effectively defend).
    you are one of the "few" people that hit perfectly with the bluegun, half of my shots are not registered.
    same as rocket shit still not fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

The best way to handle both the pulse gun and the minigun is to make protectors lower the health to 20-25 instead of 10
    that's actually not the main problem with minigun but what ever

McSwartzly and Hillforts don't count lol, but yeah, if the long overtime was on anything other than those two maps, i'd like to know.
    @|uK|Rays there's been a few fellows that have never contributed anything constructive, how am I supposed to take any feedback from non-constructive criticism? It's physically impossible.

Remind me what that was about please, given my lack of memory I totally must have overlooked it.
    I'd give you a pass on Niven too. Would still like to know what Adrian and Dangerboy contributed btw.

Almost all of my suggestions back then relate to balancing the guns and nerfing certain builds like mines and super pros which fill in the gaps in player's individual skill level. I'm not going to go dig up those posts, but the intention of my ideas was to make siege more focused on individual understanding of the game and not the usual bag of siege specific tricks people use to win. Siege always had exploits and tactics that worked well, there has to be some element of strategy to the mod, but by the end of my time playing siege had no variety in said tactics.

The creativity and variety you want to create for siege exists in plain old UT, not in the siege mod. If you dial back on the usefulness of siege specific gimmicks you'll force players to develop their own style to win, that is how you grow a gametype. To your credit siege has never struck this balance correctly, but now you've gotten people adapted to an overly defensive style of play that focuses on builds and siege knowledge to do the work for them rather than UT skill. You'll also notice that maps that appeal to this mindset become more popular as the playerbase settles into that kind of play, and at it's worst it ends in ridiculous OT matches that nobody has time for.

Fugg, what map?
    Is it so hard to guess? Ofc Niven

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    same as rocket shit still not fixed
    Exactly! Remember i hit you with rockets right indaface, and you got 0 damage, you even wondered yourself about how this rocket didnt damaged you lol

No. Enemy shouldnt know how many HP you have....because when they know you have low HP they instantly starting to chase you with pulse/minigun

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

Thread Information