Public changes

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public changes

Public changes

Since Mr. Spiderman hasn't had his snickers yet, I'll have to make a new thread and lock the other one.

Fixed the whole constructor mess. Changed the order and names back to the previous version, removed some stuff and tried to adjust things towards the pug version. Of course, it's not as restrictive as pug.
    Biggest change: Minishield is gone.

Removed some more maps that were not needed, mainly copies of existing one's (more to come). Of course, we could have 5 different Niven versions and I am sure each one of them will be played frequently but that's not the point.
    There's a reason why we have a repetition limit of 20. The goal is to have one map and not two or more of the same, so that the limit cannot be bypassed.
    It would be ideal if the mapvote featured grouping maps, that way we could mark all maps of a group red if one of them is voted. Will look into that.

If you have a map that you would like to see on the server post it here and I will up it.

--- Updated ---

Old discussion; continue here.
    Last edited by |uK|chiseller; 07-06-2015 at 08:35 AM.

where did mah 24hoursschool go son?

Let's figure out the pub metagame.

Changes:
    - No ContainerX
    - No Minishield
    - No HealthPod
    - No repetitive maps

The lack of defensive builds like Minishields and ContainerX will impact maps with doors and hallways, the risk of losing a Super Protector is higher than ever (since 2011), this means that maps where structures defend for you become increasingly difficult to play if you're behind.
    Without health pods, teams that are ahead cannot push their early game advantage as a group, leaving you to go to the 'nuke stage' without a choice.

This is the age of Adrian's Siege, gg wp.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

It's ok you can still hide behind super pros and spam mines.

good changes btw

First and foremost Ive said it before and I will say it again, I appricate all the work everyone does for this wonderful game.(all the admins here Sam Chis (and yes even blaze you angry little midget). Higor. Moskva, Sw and even mappers like zac humak adrain etc.)

BUT TACTICAL DIVERSITY IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me explain. Siege was getting updates that did promote this but are no longer on the server, hence this post. This post is mainly constructive criticism please take it as so.

What I meen is Siege shouldn't just be about people who have the best aim. When I think of siege I think of 1 team trying to breach the other teams base TOGETHER. And in real life that's kinda what a siege is.(Breach the other country's stronghold or base by any means necessary.)

Items that promoted teamplay that are longer on the server when imo I think they coulda been tweaked to help promote the tactical diversity.

-Factory, back in the old days it was an item that you built to make a whole slew of items Killer protectors(op as fuck im actually glad they are gone)

-Shrinkers(im actually glad they made a return as a mid spawn) but still I think should be buildable for atleast like 2k ru because in some maps you were able to get in spaces and make teles you weren't able to make without the suit, thus changing up the game a bit.

-Super jump boots also come to mind, I think theses could come back in SOME maps(jump twice as high as normal jump boots but only give it 1-2 charges and if you wanted to up it it cost a shit ton more to upgrade for more charges like 150-300-450-600-750 steep I know but being able to jump super high like that could change siege gameplay quite a bit imo.) and I can think of some maps they would be hella useful (both versions of blackriver comes to mind)

-EMP BOMB! This whole item is the definition of tactical diversity imo and I think people are just scared of its raw power. Although the emp is in pub(not sure about pugs haven't seen it in any) by the grenade launcher I think it should come back. I was able to end a map of bluevember in overtime(nearly full public server as well) and get above the core just because I got the grenade launcher with 2 shots of emp. (maybe reduce the range up the cost a bit) This item promotes team play more then anything and it would be wonderful if it made its return in some shape or fourm other then the grenade launcher.

-Minishield, why just why? People are just gonna build suppliers as minishields like they always used to, and ive already seen it happen on some pugs. I can only imagine what the apes on public server are gonna do with it now.

-Dampner, boy of boy where do I start with this item. This was the PERFECT item for siege imo, an item that reduces the sound of your footsteps, piston and jumpboots. The price was too low and honestly shoulda been kept and upped to atleast 400. The reason I say its the perfect item for siege is because from what ive noticed ALOT of defenders both on public, or pugs relies on there sounds to help them find out when somebody comes into the base. Now if this was kept it would constantly make the defenders more and more aware of there surroundings' because they wouldn't know whether or not somebody would be coming into the base.

-Door jammer, plain and simple the item was broken. Reduce the range of it( I was able to build it not even close to the door itself, that's kinda broken) Make it last for like 3-7 seconds and and then have it destroyed but make it cost like 500-700 without being able to up it. This would cause teams to coordinate more to nuke or to go 4 o or something when they set down a door jammer to try and take over the base.

There might be more items that were lost to time that I cant think of right now but oh well. Although it is true what other say in the end UT is SHOOTING GAME yes I know that but the reason why siege appealed to me in the first place all those years ago was because of the constructor and the fact that you can BUILD STUFF and that it actually took a bit of strategy to win other then point and click. Siege is a team game and should be treated as such. Its just that I feel like these updates are catering more and more to the players who have the best aim (which is okay to an extent but shouldn't be the primary focus of all the updates because then that would just promote more solo play imo.)

Now im willing to be optimistic about the future of this wonderful mod because siege honestly is one of the only reason why im still around in this community and still playing this game(as im sure its the same for others) This has been on my mind for quite a while now and ive felt the need to share with everyone.

Agree:
    - 1200 damage amp. It might actually be useful now.

Disagree:
    - 400 RU for a shieldbelt.
    - No minishield (as shitty as some players make them) - These help a lot, and I'd rather not have to use a container or super supplier to block my SPs.
    - Health pod (sort of). I personally found the health pod very useless since it died easily and hardly did anything your teammates couldn't do; what would really have given it a place in siege is upping its armor cap and replenish rate.

Other gripes:
    - The grenade launcher is useless without EMP - a waste of a midspawn, much like the hyper leecher.
    - Dampener needs work. Some sounds, like the minigun startup, are not muted. It's also sort of a pointless item if the two most popular leeching weapons aren't muted (bio hits and ripper fire). Yes, I get that it's a personal item and isn't supposed to mute projectile impact sounds, just the guns, but it isn't even doing that for the ripper - so what's the point?
    Last edited by Scourge; 07-06-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - 1200 damage amp. It might actually be useful now.
    As long as it's not upgradeable.

- 400 RU for a shieldbelt.
    I used to take Toxin Suit instead of Shield Belt as a situational nuke item, due to lack of visual effect which didn't draw attention to me, and immunity to Poison Guardians + bio spam.
    Now it's not longer a situational item, i'll grab Toxin suit 100% of times instead of Shield Belt if needed.

- Health pod (sort of). I personally found the health pod very useless since it died easily and hardly did anything your teammates couldn't do; what would really have given it a place in siege is upping its armor cap and replenish rate.
    Never fit your playstyle, but it was extremely useful at punishing teams that wasted RU early on.
    It's not the same to take on enemies at the 8 minute mark with 60/125 than 20/100, you can get pretty easily overrun if your team doesn't have a good fragger to push them back.

- The grenade launcher is useless without EMP - a waste of a midspawn, much like the hyper leecher.
    That's the '22' spawn variation for you, two random ammo picks (0-50%) that can collide (no flame), you can get a fully charged EMP-only GL or a GL without EMP at all.
    Still, without MiniShields the GL should be kept as is.
    Maybe have the Toxic(def) and Fragmentation(off) launchers as buildables to add a little tactic to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Tomahawk View Post
    -Dampner, boy of boy where do I start with this item. This was the PERFECT item for siege imo, an item that reduces the sound of your footsteps, piston and jumpboots. The price was too low and honestly shoulda been kept and upped to atleast 400. The reason I say its the perfect item for siege is because from what ive noticed ALOT of defenders both on public, or pugs relies on there sounds to help them find out when somebody comes into the base. Now if this was kept it would constantly make the defenders more and more aware of there surroundings' because they wouldn't know whether or not somebody would be coming into the base.
    I think Dampener's still on the list, it's underused but very useful.
    Increasing the price would change it from underused to not used, because utility items don't directly provide RU.

-Door jammer, plain and simple the item was broken. Reduce the range of it( I was able to build it not even close to the door itself, that's kinda broken) Make it last for like 3-7 seconds and and then have it destroyed but make it cost like 500-700 without being able to up it. This would cause teams to coordinate more to nuke or to go 4 o or something when they set down a door jammer to try and take over the base.
    Making the jammer was tough, the build location is based on the Mover's current center point distance (if triggerless), or the Mover's trigger distance.
    Some door triggers are horribly placed, and that results on weird possible jammer locations, some too close and others too far.
    Still, it's very noticeable when a door/elevator's being jammed and it gets focus fire'd quickly.
    If I were to make a change... is to increase the hitbox's size a bit more... even I find it annoying to hit while moving.

--- Updated ---

PD: The only reason I every built minishields was ANTIFUN.
    I'm indifferent to that change TBH.
    The ContainerX is the one that hurts I even reduced the max HP and limited to 4 to make it balanced.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Siege was getting updates that did promote this but are no longer on the server
    The admin alert is not fully configured. So it's the admin that have to work on that. Even severed tried but get ignored.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thanks for that post @|uK|Tomahawk
    It perfectly illustrates why it's hard to take all those knee-jerk reactions serious. You go on and write a fucking bible but didn't even bother to play 1 map with the changes implemented. All the items you mentioned are still present. Back in the "glorious" days you had half the choices you have now.
    Please just shut up.

I don't mind ContainerX. See this as a temporary change or work in progress, it might be back sooner than later.
    It's just.. that something had to be done about public because it was a mess, I know all the pub heroes won't agree with that.

I was never approached or read anywhere anything about admin alert. Sorry that I don't check every corner of this forum but as I said in my initial post. If you want me to upload something post it here or PM.

@|uK|kenneth done. BattleBridges too.
    Someone please update the maplist.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    I was never approached or read anywhere anything about admin alert. Sorry that I don't check every corner of this forum but as I said in my initial post. If you want me to upload something post it here or PM.
    @.seVered.][ and @~V~ been working on a new update so best to get with .seVered.][
    He normally PM SAM about it I think.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information