User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Transfer leech requests to pug server?
    Possible.

Like copying all the builds in a map, then joining the players from the leech game into the other server.

Hell, this could give us a method to recover a game from a crash if well developed.
    This would make it pointless to crash the server....

--- Updated ---

I think a lot of you are taking this out of context. The "rules" are rules understood but the circumstances also need to be taken into consideration. During early morning when and if people are leeching, chances are once the leech has ended or ends prematurely, people will get frustrated and leave. It's just common courtesy to let the majority to play what they like....

Following the context then, seen people that leave because some are playing leech, then again, all this shit is pointless since nothing will happen
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I think a lot of you are taking this out of context.
    I agree, and seems Banny has a habit of crying wolf (ABUSE) and posts a complaint every time someone does not do AS HE SAYS. None the less, the rules page was updated and polished.

Please note: I didn't MAKE (or change) the rules, I only dusted them off and pointed at them.
    Last edited by .seVered.][; 10-30-2012 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    This would make it pointless to crash the server....
    There is two requirements:
    1- Upon crash restart, a special script that disables nexgen balancing for a couple of minutes, making sure players return to their original teams. Then switching to normal mode.
    2- A second, closed UT dedicated server (can be an alternate engine, like unreal 227H or UT Community SDK) on the same box, running a doppleganger version of the original game synching with an UDP link, auto map switching... does that remind you of another project of mine? :fox:

The mirror UT would mirror builds via a plugin and switch maps when the main server tells it to do so.
    If the server crashes, it will first try re-establishing a link, and if it does, it will auto load the map the mirror has, rebuild everything again, wait 30 seconds before starting and putting ppl back on their teams.
    Since the mirror UT is a closed server, under any port, it will never have players in it and will only serve as live reference.

It's an ambitious project, but possible as shown with that test on CTF-Face and 'Aegor'.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    I agree, and seems Banny has a habit of crying wolf (ABUSE) and posts a complaint every time someone does not do AS HE SAYS. None the less, the rules page was updated and polished.

Please note: I didn't MAKE (or change) the rules, I only dusted them off and pointed at them.

So when a person complains is crying?

Quote Originally Posted by Cop View Post
    So when a person complains is crying?
    "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" is one of Aesop's Fables, it is derived the English idiom "to cry wolf", meaning to give a false alarm. Not to physically "CRY". Sorry if you misunderstood. And yes Banny has a history of "crying"

--- Updated ---

... does that remind you of another project of mine? :fox: ...as shown with that test on CTF-Face and 'Aegor'.
    Indeed it does... don't you ever wonder "How" or "Why" these ideas and projects seems to get "connected" or "flow together" with other "event's" occurring,that also seem to be unrelated, but end up being related to something in the "future".

Hmmm... almost like someone is ...guiding us.

There is two requirements:
    1- Upon crash restart, a special script that disables nexgen balancing for a couple of minutes, making sure players return to their original teams. Then switching to normal mode.
    2- A second, closed UT dedicated server (can be an alternate engine, like unreal 227H or UT Community SDK) on the same box, running a doppleganger version of the original game synching with an UDP link, auto map switching... does that remind you of another project of mine? :fox:

The mirror UT would mirror builds via a plugin and switch maps when the main server tells it to do so.
    If the server crashes, it will first try re-establishing a link, and if it does, it will auto load the map the mirror has, rebuild everything again, wait 30 seconds before starting and putting ppl back on their teams.
    Since the mirror UT is a closed server, under any port, it will never have players in it and will only serve as live reference.

It's an ambitious project, but possible as shown with that test on CTF-Face and 'Aegor'.
    Definately an interesting concept. You might want to look at nogginbasher's siegeanywhere mod basically does the same thing. Running a closed box that does drops all connections but the allowed IP's would be fail safe

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    I didn't CHANGE anything... I only made it LOOK better on the page, the rules are still the same. and he wasn't banned, basically he was kicked.
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/f19/sie...ded-bans-1718/

You did not add "-Unless majority agree to continue" etc.? It wasn't there before, so, I wonder who else did it.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post

You did not add "-Unless majority agree to continue" etc.? It wasn't there before, so, I wonder who else did it.
    ROFL.. TRUE

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post

LOl yeah he edited my post and added that in... and fuck that rule.. if its leech game there is more then 6 people imma end it

only people complaining are like 3 people... cant justify a rule because 3 people want it... fucken retarded

Thread Information