Various players abusing McSwartlzy roof glitch - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Splash damage travels through movers. In other words, one nuke will destroy all of your team's warheads. Even if it doesn't, the mine clearage it would achieve leaves the nukes open to attack. The ceiling is far superior to the closet.
    There is a way to prevent mine damage though a wall or even an open door, we do it all the time in Alevian.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Jeez i feel some people need a break from Siege or just UT99 in general for a couple of days
    Deep down they are all just frustrated because they are not as good as me....itg is a burden I have to live with...that and my damn good looks.

Are trans through glass also considered abuse? This can be used to take the room, but also to drop down into the enemy base and attack. I talked to Higor and he said this was legitimate, but I want to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Are trans through glass also considered abuse? This can be used to take the room, but also to drop down into the enemy base and attack. I talked to Higor and he said this was legitimate, but I want to be sure.
    Teleporters should be the ONLY thing that can be allowed to go through glass in my honest opinion, any other type of projectile should not be allowed since it is a glitch. I hope in UT4 all of these bugs will be fixed
    "What's Yours Is Mine" Garret Thief (2013)
    Roberto Gómez Bolaños "Chespirito" fue si querer queriendo. You'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Teleporters should be the ONLY thing that can be allowed to go through glass in my honest opinion, any other type of projectile should not be allowed since it is a glitch. I hope in UT4 all of these bugs will be fixed
    Why? If the gap can be exploited by xloc then the defending team should also be allowed to shoot through the gap. To try to limit the way a glitch gets exploited is ridiculous and completely arbitrary. Since those that get up into the ceiling gain an advantage by xlocing down and attacking there needs to be a equal and proportional ability to defend against that attack strategy. If not, you may as well remove the map.
    Last edited by 1Shot1Kill; 10-21-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Shot1Kill View Post
    Why? If the gap can be exploited by xloc then the defending team should also be allowed to shoot through the gap. To try to limit the way a glitch gets exploited is ridiculous and completely arbitrary. Since those that get up into the ceiling gain an advantage by xlocing down and attacking there needs to be a equal and proportional ability to defend against that attack strategy. If not, you may as well remove the map.
    Why remove it? If people aren't happy about this "bug" then it can probably be fixed in unrealed.

Quote Originally Posted by HumaK View Post
    Why remove it? If people aren't happy about this "bug" then it can probably be fixed in unrealed.
    It is done so, but let the discussion carry on until SAM is satisfied with the discussion result.. not sure what he is looking for.

Btw, the McSwartzly2004]II[ map don't let the trans go through because the gap is pretty small enough for damage point to go through (direct and projectile shoot from weapon)... unless someone managed to get it go through I'd like to see that lol.

According to McSwartzly][, I think it's easier from the enemy POV or your own nukeroom POV to trans down from the above because you basically just wait until the enemies are distracted (they have been distracted several times, camping is the point because some don't like waiting) and shoot the nuke... OR land on a mine (it happened to me, a supermine out of somewhere haha)..
    Awhile we have the front end to the core area to trans down, which can let you land on the core spot, bottom below, or on the opposite side from the core and on the higher platform where the water at... there is also a backdoor on the other end of the glass where you can come down to the supplier area and up high on the other end where no activity is going on beside maybe a cont and SP or something. These area (except the backdoor if the SP is placed well to knock your health down, otherwise a 10 health is sneaky) is like almost empty and an easy way to get in to nuke because there are not much protection.

The opposite... transing up or making a tele up there... it seem like a less luck if there is 2 SP up there, or someone up there defending (maybe they have some war head up there on the side or just in the middle showing off.) Or you land in the mine/sm and pay no attention lol.. anyway it's possible to get up there and a big take over if there is less protection up there or with a luck: leech!

I'm not too sure what to think about making a gap hole for anyone to go through because some ppl will still shoot through. What do you think about a teleporter to your nuke room and from your base as a built-in map teleporter without any need building your own? From this, you get to supermine the portal and add 2 conts like it done so in Simplex.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Thread Information