SiegeIV Bug's, Nag's and Complaints.. and IDEAS! - Page 8

User Tag List

Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    The 400 ru for shieldbelt just makes it so it's not worth using anymore.
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
    I skipped using it unless I have excessive amount of RU. Meanwhile I share RU with other nukers, defenders, and other that help make the team succeed.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

someone wants to count as change or remove the deadly sound heard to contact spawns when my shot spawn takes effect in a sound occurs and is hated when I use the minigun, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
    then dont use it, more challenge, 400 is a good price

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    then dont use it,
    I don't

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    400 is a good price

Jump boots are 250 and make you very hard to hit. Shieldbelt is 400 and makes you a target.
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

That's a good point. Jump boots 600

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    You know where you are and you know what to do ...

Higor's edit:
    Currently known bugs
    - Unpress 'walk' if client dies while flying a jetpack using the SetJetpack bind.
    - Jetpack level switch crash.
    - Use non tickrate dependant timers on Item spawner.
    - Do not allow translocating into enemy Super Containers.
    - Correct the RU required to upgrade buildings on fraction level values.
    - Add a 'lock' timer on Constructor to prevent fast builds.
    - Remove 'lock' timer on building upgrade, similar behaviour to player upgrade.
    - Jammers appear to bug some doors when destroyed, have new jammers fix doors if this happens.
    - LCWeapons: Piston should buffer last shot rotation.
    - Fix Mines exploding multiple times before finish building.

Features that might make it in
    - Disable replicating players 100% time as a setting, this means the return of optimal network performance on Siege (best used with XC_Engine!!!!)
    - Disable fraction upgrade on buildings that don't need it.
    - Indicate which building the player is about to Repair/Upgrade/Remove in his constructor.
    - LCWeapons: make LC variant use default weapon priority settings.
    - LCWeapons: allow clients to disable prediction for themselves.
    - LCWeapons: allow clients to force their own prediction MS cap.
    Siege, how much dost thou bug me? Let me count the ways:
    - Can we just lengthen standard spawn protection time so that sup spam can't be complained about anymore, and shorten it to the current time (or cancel if that time is exceeded) if the player draws and fires a weapon?
    - Head-shooting buildings is stupid and the head-shooting damage rate should instead be standard for sniper/ripper against buildings. Yeah, I get it, head-shooting takes slightly more care and skill, but it makes no sense that a building should take more damage because it's shot at more than 3/4 of its height. There's also no indication other than the fact that this happens that it's an option in Siege.
    - Anonymous supplier/health pod (which I support re-introducing for a reduced cost) removal was a good thing, especially when noobs build a pile of them and leave. The same should be applied to teleporters that have been abandoned for more than two minutes and which do not belong to any present players, and for super boosters that have had little player usage in the past minute.
    - Setting the "invincible" SS/SHP should be based on which one has the highest average number of players using it at any given time. This prevents griefing by disallowing someone from building the invincible in a useless area.
    - Core RU replenishment sometimes ceases without warning or explanation - This often seems to happen after dealing a lot of damage to the other team.
    - Again, repairing at suppliers should go THROUGH the building, not require you to stand at its edges or outside of it to heal your teammates. Why would I want to repair an invincible supplier?
    - Removing your own supplier/super supplier/shp should be impossible if it is invincible and more than half of your team has used it within a one-minute span. This is an easier mistake to make than you'd think.
    - Fastbuild was a good thing, but if it's being removed and speed upgrading kept, then I think speed repair should also be allowed. What better a counter to pulse and minigun?
    - Upgrading should provide points for the number of hundreds of RU you've spent. This is especially pertinent when you consider the cost of upgrading a super container - Most players don't want to do it because it prevents them from doing other stuff, like building nukes they're going to fail or leeches.
    - Prevent players from mass-upgrading each other for tons of points.
    - Restore a player's items if they're disconnected, and prevent them from being team-switched while they're carrying such items (warheads, jetpacks, translocators, etc.). This goes especially for the glitch where the bottom player is moved before ACE/NG has finished checking out a joining player who would otherwise be switched.
    - Either destroy all warheads/inukes for a permanently teamswitched player and send the RU back to them (with excess flowing into the core of the other team), or make such warheads/inukes available for the team that they left, setting the "builder" to no one.

OTHER GLITCHES:
    - Mapvote sometimes gets hidden behind console/XConsole.
    - Sorry, you cannot kick the Server or Admin (when not trying to kick the server or admin). Annoying enough that it misses the target, worse that you need to wait another ten seconds to vote again.
    - asc#get#window sometimes disallows continuing to use any of its text fields, though I can't reproduce it.
    - ACE or the server sometimes continually kick me after a very glitchy entrance, even in spec. Naturally this happens under heavy server load, but it's nonetheless the server's worst problem in my mind.

And now, I'm going to propose two things likely to be controversial:
    - Drain a player's RU when the buildings they make are hit, with this increasing exponentially depending on how much RU the opponent gets from attacking them. Punish crappy building.
    - Create a soft counter to sniper whoring.

TOMORROW, A POST ON THE BALANCER.
    Last edited by Scourge; 07-27-2015 at 11:38 AM.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    - Head-shooting buildings is stupid and the head-shooting damage rate should instead be standard for sniper/ripper against buildings. Yeah, I get it, head-shooting takes slightly more care and skill, but it makes no sense that a building should take more damage because it's shot at more than 3/4 of its height. There's also no indication other than the fact that this happens that it's an option in Siege.
    it was actually intended scourge all the way back from the beginning of siege, its just not many people were aware of it in the old days up until around 5 to 6 years ago once siege became popular than ever, almost everyone knows now

the sniper part I wont even bother with other than reply and say learn to shoot the guns and learn to counter it in other ways via movement.

- Can we just lengthen standard spawn protection time so that sup spam can't be complained about anymore, and shorten it to the current time (or cancel if that time is exceeded) if the player draws and fires a weapon?
    Ugh... I see now, the spawn protection expires if your weapon's ammo changes... assuming you fire it.
    But if the supplier changes the ammo amount, it expires too lol, gotta fix that.

The same should be applied to teleporters that have been abandoned for more than two minutes and which do not belong to any present players, and for super boosters that have had little player usage in the past minute.
    Will do for lone teleporters.

- Again, repairing at suppliers should go THROUGH the building, not require you to stand at its edges or outside of it to heal your teammates. Why would I want to repair an invincible supplier?
    Constructor will have a major rework, this will be part of that.

- Upgrading should provide points for the number of hundreds of RU you've spent. This is especially pertinent when you consider the cost of upgrading a super container - Most players don't want to do it because it prevents them from doing other stuff, like building nukes they're going to fail or leeches.
    No more easy points for upgrading all builds to level 1 and letting others do the big spending

- Prevent players from mass-upgrading each other for tons of points.
    I have a better solution, target player loses points when upgraded.
    Now whoever you're upgrading has to do proper usage of your RU in order to not look like an idiot.

- Either destroy all warheads/inukes for a permanently teamswitched player and send the RU back to them (with excess flowing into the core of the other team), or make such warheads/inukes available for the team that they left, setting the "builder" to no one.
    Better solution as well: player can 'rebuild' his nukes using the constructor.
    If player hits to build a nuke (and has a nuke on the other team) then one old nuke disappears and instead it starts building on his new team?
    Should implement this for all item classes.

- Sorry, you cannot kick the Server or Admin (when not trying to kick the server or admin). Annoying enough that it misses the target, worse that you need to wait another ten seconds to vote again.
    One mod: CacusMapVote
    Gonna upgrade it so that 'Random map' is an option before presenting it for mass usage here.

- Drain a player's RU when the buildings they make are hit, with this increasing exponentially depending on how much RU the opponent gets from attacking them. Punish crappy building.
    Since 0016, all buildings internally record the RU that's been leeched from them... I planned to remake the whole HUD interface and display such things at one point.

- Create a soft counter to sniper whoring.
    It's called ducking, but unfortunately the elitists are eager to use their 'bigger duck hitbox' edition.

=========
    Btw, your suggestions post is probably the most valuable I've read since release, glad to know there's someone with his head not shoved up his ass.
    I would have started with all this shit already, had I not gotten stuck at multithreading UT in next XC_Engine update.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The nice thing about feedback posts is how they spawn exchanges of "now that I think of it"s...

Ugh... I see now, the spawn protection expires if your weapon's ammo changes... assuming you fire it.
    But if the supplier changes the ammo amount, it expires too lol, gotta fix that.
    ...Like how it may also be good to disable enemy knockback from weapons while spawn protected and in the supplier (not outside of it, though, since that means piston is >>> than blue gun, where I was able to stop Adrian from walking all over my base by blocking his shots with my spawn protection - even with knockback on).

Lone teleporters
    And possibly teleporters that go to areas where the player will die instantly or close to where they, environmentally, would take a large amount of damage. This would be passive griefing protection, that or disabling building platforms, teleporters, super containers, or any kind of booster or other weird building within a certain radius of invincible suppliers. Another "now that I think of it"... I know you hate log spam, but notifications for these sort of things would be helpful.

Better solution as well: player can 'rebuild' his nukes using the constructor.
    If player hits to build a nuke (and has a nuke on the other team) then one old nuke disappears and instead it starts building on his new team?
    Should implement this for all item classes.
    I'm conflicted about this. On the one hand, the player earned (or was given) the RU he spent on those nukes; on the other, those nukes were going to be the offense for the team from which he came, which has now been wholly transferred to the other team. My proposed "fix" where the nukes are made available for the original team leaves the offense more or less where it was sans the switchee's nuking ability, while the second tips the balance way over to the other team with nukes and nuking ability intact. Either could create more problems than the one it's trying to solve, which is a perceived imbalance in gameplay which may not even exist. The current state of affairs may actually be better for the time being, that or just not switching players that have a lot of RU in hand or in the form of items.

@Vatiko made an excellent point the other day how the balancer can create enormous imbalances by switching purely based on the number of players and not based on player skill... Which he demonstrated by helping an already-stacked team finish demolishing a group of unfortunate bastards.

Since 0016, all buildings internally record the RU that's been leeched from them... I planned to remake the whole HUD interface and display such things at one point.
    What do you think about adding more dimensionality to building? As in, rewarding and giving more glory to good builders, while pointing out or punishing bad ones? I've thought for a long time that it should be considered and made a post saying as much a long time ago, but it's difficult to judge a good versus bad builder for scoring or reward/punishment purposes since pretty much all buildings get leeched - just to different degrees based on who does it well and who does it badly. Building well is a job that's often underappreciated.

It's called ducking, but unfortunately the elitists are eager to use their 'bigger duck hitbox' edition.
    I've felt it sort of hacky to be able to just duck and cut down my opponent's damage, especially when it's so fast. If the head still had a proper hitbox, albeit lower, and crouch tween was slowed such that the hitbox was easier to track and crouch was harder to abuse, I would be more comfortable with it.

Btw, your suggestions post is probably the most valuable I've read since release
    Thanks. I've developed maps for the original SC, which is probably nowhere near the same level as what you work on, but nevertheless the frustration of facing players that can be to varying degrees unhelpful, unappreciative, or just generally nasty is one that's stuck with me.

Also, a few more small points...
    - Either turbo-speed the grenade launcher, remove it, or add back a few EMPs.
    - Disable "anti-team removal" if the player is removing containers from a pile larger than two containers.
    - Have mutate kickidlers shorten its idle sensitivity to 5-10 seconds for the beginning of the match, and engage automatically at that time.
    - Have kickidlers send idlers to spec rather than booting them from the server.

Thread Information