User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Demo is necessary for all ban?

Posts moved from http://www.unrealkillers.com/f43/general-dumas-6772/
    Last edited by Chamberly; 12-01-2015 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Prevent confusion..

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    Demo is necessary for all ban.
    Low count bans do not really need a demo, I cannot see a low grade ban being contested.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    Low count bans do not really need a demo, I cannot see a low grade ban being contested.
    I'm only a trial mod, so I need to do things by the book for now ^^
    Some low grade bans are contested. Like this one from yesterday.
    In the future, if I'm accepted as mod, then I may not have to create a ban post on every player, but if I ban, I need to have a demo ready just in case it's contested.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;103055]Low count bans do not really need a demo, I cannot see a low grade ban being contested.
    It's still required. If you do not have the demo and failed to do your part as far when someone request for unban and neither have the proof, the ban get removed, even if it's low ban/days.

If you wish to continue discussing this, let's talk in the other thread.

~Continue for thread originality.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 11-30-2015 at 03:29 PM.

It's still required. If you do not have the demo and failed to do your part as far when someone request for unban and neither have the proof, the ban get removed, even if it's low ban/days.

Lol I don't even have demo all the time and that been OK.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    Lol I don't even have demo all the time and that been OK.

I've seen many ban threads, how's that even possible? o_O

because as I said.............. small length bans do not require it as that decision is made by the moderator at their discretion, moderators are chosen for their ability to judge situations in a neutral manner, telling you that we will only take your word for it if you have demo proof is like saying we don't have faith in you and your decisions which would be insulting and a slap in the face. It is only the longer term bans which are typically required to have a demo. say banning someone for 25 matches does not need a demo, where as a ban for say 500 matches would be highly sensible if you happen to be recording, which not all of us do. in that case you take screeshots of what happened (SS of console etc.) and then ban them (unless you can SS what happened after you sent them on their way). pictures can sometimes be more efficient as they provide instant proof where as a demo needs to be watched which can get tedious if the infraction was short. If you cannot supply these then you can also turn to other players who would have been in the server at that time to corroborate your version of events, that is just as good as a demo.

just......LOL... Sir YES! Sir!!!....*salutes*

Chamberly, seriously..... You are strutting about like you own the place, you have been like it since I got back from my time away and making yourself look a little.......I want to say Gestapo but that doesn't quite hit the mark. Biting my tongue has been seriously hard, especially since your PM crying because I corrected you on something about server setups.

I have toenail clippings older than the time you have been a moderator.

Bans will not be removed without demo proof if the infraction is small, you are not here to judge a moderators ability or question their judgement. Remember you are a relatively new mod yourself which means you need to stop spouting off like you are the authority and enforcer here, its laughable.

I never thought I would say it but I miss the kid that was desperate to help and pestered me to talk to Sam about making you a mod. (Ironically you turned out just as suspected, which isn't a good thing btw)

Not to just jump into this convo but I agree if admins see someone doing something & they are in spectate not that hard to do a quick demo & have your proof ready just incase that player questions his ban makes you look more reliable as admin if you have the demo to show for. But it is also hard sometimes if admin is playing & demoing their own game. Also Fluke is right about as a moderator he should be trusted to do the right decisions but lots of players don't use demorec or know how to install it I didn't start using it until 6 months ago when people started calling me a cheater but seabass is a new admin so really he should be trying to demo before banning or something but he knows that now & he's definitely capable of being good admin.

Also think if admins have problems maybe should talk with each other or on admin's forum instead trying to talk down to someone. Have a good day.

I'm only stating the fact since Moderator I've been told to provide demo on all match ban upon report. If a recent change stating demo don't have to be recorded for small matches, post that thread here then and let me see. Then I'll accept ONCE I see that proof if it is stated by SAM, or Blaze. Or until they reply, for the confirmation. I see Fleece replied, but I'm still in doubt.

There isn't much of an enforced change since moderators can still hold their opinion either if they can upload a demo or not for a few matches. Not like for those who didn't upload in the past is going to get in trouble awhile I have my doubt. Even what I said isn't true, can only be corrected. I'm sorry if confusion come on (and trying to "act like enforcing them, which I shouldn't" and so of course I'm wrong and an apology on that and no harassment intended, at all) but I don't see where is the clear mention of it. So I'll ask again.. What amount of match and days for a moderator can decide NOT to upload the demo? Sam, blaze...?

Bans will not be removed without demo proof if the infraction is small, you are not here to judge a moderators ability or question their judgement.
    Bans can be removed by an ADMIN if it seem fit by them. I can ask other moderator if they have the demo so I can review it and help. No judgement is involved against another moderator. Try to be positive.

Other than that, why force a player to be banned all day if they never did anything wrong, and the case is forced to not be investigated? That's 1 way to loose players.
    Last edited by Chamberly; 12-01-2015 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Fishing for a good deed... or stay home because no one want me to have a share.

Quote Originally Posted by '
    [X][~FLuKE~][X]

I never thought I would say it but I miss the kid that was desperate to help and pestered me to talk to Sam about making you a mod. (Ironically you turned out just as suspected, which isn't a good thing btw)
    That's a cruel thing to say man, really
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Thread Information