Demo needed for ban? - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Btw, i have always demorec ON and set as auto because my fan club always deny évidence, demo is a must have.
    Blond's copyrighted

Quote Originally Posted by Jst2blond View Post
    Btw, i have always demorec ON and set as auto because my fan club always deny évidence, demo is a must have.

The "you banned someone in my clan, you're racist" defence

I never thought I would say it but I miss the kid that was desperate to help and pestered me to talk to Sam about making you a mod. (Ironically you turned out just as suspected, which isn't a good thing btw)[/QUOTE]

She is actually trying to help. Sometimes we do mistakes, im the first one to admit im not perfect. From my view sometimes stuff looks a whole lot different, then from the player in questions view. Atleast when im playing. I have never any problems uploading a demo, no matter what lenght it is. That is the only way to improve as moderator, and protect unjust to other players in the cases things looks worse from my view ingame, then it is from the view of the player in question. I have never had any problems to admit any mistake, and i will never have it either. In the cases ive been wrong / or things havent been clear enough ive removed the bans without a problem. She is simply trying to help the players who gets banned into having a very neutral view by another moderator not involved in the case.

Out of everything I said and that is what gets quoted?
    That is actually factual, not an insult. I was discussing it at the time after being pestered, I am talking pm after pm after pm.... the worry is with someone constantly asking for mod status and then getting it will turn into a different person, like it has gone to their head. That is what has happened which of course is not a good thing. I don't know if you offended ladies knew chamberly before she was a mod or not, but one thing for sure is that she was nothing like this.

It isn't just about what she said, its how she keeps portraying herself like a "Strictly by the book dictator". All this "she is just trying to help" is partially true, but a new side to her has emerged where it turns from helpful friendly comments to dictating comments. I have said before that her enthusiasm in some topics is nice to see, but this one she is giving the wrong impression of "Demo or your ban gets wiped" pretty much telling the mods they are not trusted. It doesn't matter what other people's settings are to demo record, everyone is different and in no way would I dictate a player should use specific settings or we will come down hard on them.

There is no "Help" for a banned player who has only been banned a short time, the mod responsible for the ban will simply tell them why it was done, it wont be reversed unless the mod who took that action agrees to remove it.

New moderators should be eased into their role with as little peer pressure as possible and above all shown that if they make a mistake then its a mistake to learn from, we are here to help mods settle in.

My opinion is raw, I do not dance around my words and I will say my point in the strongest manner possible. I am glad some of you can show your feminine side and recoil at something the 'Mean' guy has said, then have yourself a nice big group hug.

"Other than that, why force a player to be banned all day if they never did anything wrong, and the case is forced to not be investigated? That's 1 way to loose players."

No, its a way to lose moderators instead. This discussion chamberly is about recording a demo as a strict rule, not about "you can ban with no proof", just as I stated in my previous response.

Demo - you are covered
    SS - you are covered
    Other players in the server at the time to corroborate the ban reason - you are covered.

But most of all, showing faith in that moderators judgement is paramount to make them feel at ease.

This guideline is not new chamberly, it is a common occurrence, just because you don't see these small bans, does not mean they don't happen. I banned a player yesterday for 25 matches after they did nothing but dick around like they were in practice mode, things like infinite teles.

discretion is the core element for all mods and admins alike.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 12-01-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][ View Post
    because as I said.............. small length bans do not require it as that decision is made by the moderator at their discretion, moderators are chosen for their ability to judge situations in a neutral manner, telling you that we will only take your word for it if you have demo proof is like saying we don't have faith in you and your decisions which would be insulting and a slap in the face. It is only the longer term bans which are typically required to have a demo. say banning someone for 25 matches does not need a demo, where as a ban for say 500 matches would be highly sensible if you happen to be recording, which not all of us do. in that case you take screeshots of what happened (SS of console etc.) and then ban them (unless you can SS what happened after you sent them on their way). pictures can sometimes be more efficient as they provide instant proof where as a demo needs to be watched which can get tedious if the infraction was short. If you cannot supply these then you can also turn to other players who would have been in the server at that time to corroborate your version of events, that is just as good as a demo.

just......LOL... Sir YES! Sir!!!....*salutes*

Chamberly, seriously..... You are strutting about like you own the place, you have been like it since I got back from my time away and making yourself look a little.......I want to say Gestapo but that doesn't quite hit the mark. Biting my tongue has been seriously hard, especially since your PM crying because I corrected you on something about server setups.

I have toenail clippings older than the time you have been a moderator.

Bans will not be removed without demo proof if the infraction is small, you are not here to judge a moderators ability or question their judgement. Remember you are a relatively new mod yourself which means you need to stop spouting off like you are the authority and enforcer here, its laughable.

I never thought I would say it but I miss the kid that was desperate to help and pestered me to talk to Sam about making you a mod. (Ironically you turned out just as suspected, which isn't a good thing btw)
    I have a feeling she PM every time she get butthurt, I did apparently something against her and I got a pm from sam lol
    and then funny thing is, she did exactly the same thing to me, but i didnt cry about it.

I don't mind your opinions Chamberly but respect others, if you dont like it, no need to PM admins about it, just talk to the person in pm or soemthing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberly View Post
    I'm only stating the fact since Moderator I've been told to provide demo on all match ban upon report. If a recent change stating demo don't have to be recorded for small matches, post that thread here then and let me see. Then I'll accept ONCE I see that proof if it is stated by SAM, or Blaze. Or until they reply, for the confirmation. I see Fleece replied, but I'm still in doubt.

There isn't much of an enforced change since moderators can still hold their opinion either if they can upload a demo or not for a few matches. Not like for those who didn't upload in the past is going to get in trouble awhile I have my doubt. Even what I said isn't true, can only be corrected. I'm sorry if confusion come on (and trying to "act like enforcing them, which I shouldn't" and so of course I'm wrong and an apology on that and no harassment intended, at all) but I don't see where is the clear mention of it. So I'll ask again.. What amount of match and days for a moderator can decide NOT to upload the demo? Sam, blaze...?

Bans can be removed by an ADMIN if it seem fit by them. I can ask other moderator if they have the demo so I can review it and help. No judgement is involved against another moderator. Try to be positive.

Other than that, why force a player to be banned all day if they never did anything wrong, and the case is forced to not be investigated? That's 1 way to loose players.
    I heard that admins who has set the ban, can only be the ones that removes it.. and I gues sam OR blaze only if needed.

I have auto DEMO on but it doesnt always work so If i notice to late, I normally take screens or see if anyone else is on as my witness, mod, admin or a player..

I know it's off topic but have you ever considered abolition? I had no idea why so many good players keep on disappearing in last 3 years untill I visited this forum for the first time just 4 weeks ago, I know you admins and mods worked hard to clean the servers from cheaters but if this game is to survive (read - thrive) we need all hands on deck.

I think all those who got banned learned their lesson so why not give them one last chance (a Christmas gift)?

soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    I know it's off topic but have you ever considered abolition? I had no idea why so many good players keep on disappearing in last 3 years untill I visited this forum for the first time just 4 weeks ago, I know you admins and mods worked hard to clean the servers from cheaters but if this game is to survive (read - thrive) we need all hands on deck.

I think all those who got banned learned their lesson so why not give them one last chance (a Christmas gift)?

What about those who got second chances and still fucked up? Some had more chances and yet don't want to change?

That's a very good and valid point |uK|fleecey but sill there are many good players out there who I really hope learned their lesson, everybody knows that your servers are the best and they have nowhere to go I'm sure.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    go to search and type in ANA and let me know how many threads you found about him doing stupid shit.

same story for koos probably over 6 threads

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    What about those who got 4000 chances and still fucked up? Some had more chances and yet don't want to change?
    I corrected your post

UT has been alive for 16 years, I doubt it will be alive another year, no matter what is done to prevent it from dying. That's why I don't bother with it anymore, I may piss around for a few games to pass an hour but that's about it.

Thread Information