What happened to NW - Page 5

User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    I think I found that server you was talking about(blue combogib), I'm guessing it was reg, it was so nice not to shoot through players all the time like on the insta servers.

It was also great laming PeK on woot for 37 minutes, 40 minute games are a bit much.

Yes that's the server! Sorry....I went to take a screen shot a couple days ago and realized I did not have a snip it tool installed on my laptop so I just forgot about it. Those people have 3 servers. Combo, Face and weapons. The server plays OK, the set up is awful though. 40 minute maps, no hit sounds, etc. However they seem to be busier during the day than combogib and I think it's because they falsify their # of players so that people are at least intrigued to join. I know Jay said he'd remove a server like that from his favorites but at the end of the day....I keep servers that people play in my favorites, I'm not holding it against them because they lie to lure you in.

The games are far too long on that server, but the players there don't seem to mind. I do prefer that combogib to the newnet one, the combos are just annoying in newnet.

The combo on newnet should be the same as the zp one? I was thinking the other day though the the actual shot registration did feel better on the non nn version of the combo we used to have.

It's the combos that annoy me, the higher the ping of the player, the more annoying it is for most of the stuff.

- You have to know the other players ping to know roughly where the combo explosion is going to be.
    - Double combo explosions for high ping players, if you hit their combo after/before they hit it.

The rest of the stuff is just the little things, that aren't much of a problem.

I agre with u guys about nn, u almost cant evade combo from higer ping, I think it make very anoying game for a normal ping, but we cant forgot that newnet is the evolution of ping compensation mods, when i first play with this i was like OMG im playing in my house, so we get many high ping players in this server that are very happy with the gameplay and the possibility of play as equal with other player in other side of the planet (depends the way u look), we can make a poll to ask the community what they think about come back for an old zp way,

ill not talk about NW vs COMBO, what actually make me left combo server is the problem with spawn kill and lags that actually dont happens in US server even being in same host

and instagib is so calm, its one fire each 10 secunds, spawn kill only happens when theres a camper or in open maps, i feel less annoyed.

if theres no way to put spawn protection then just code some thing like if the player make two spawn kill with combo in a row then suicide or respawn him, it cant be so hard, in hardcore games its so lame

+ delete andaction

Congratulations guys...you have killed the server. Going off of what I can see (which isn't much), the server was ranked between 11-14 when NW was included. As of this morning it is #21. Nobody is in the server at night anymore when NW guys used to come out and play. When I log into play, the only people in there are Chinpo & Slasher. Glad to see those guys are happy playing VP FragWhores 30 times a day but other people who only have 15-30 minutes (at most) to play a day, would appreciate a server with people and decent gameplay. Time to end this experiment and go back to what made this server successful for so long with such a little player base.

It's that other combo server as well, it's just a better server it's getting all the players, 90% of the players I saw in the zp combo server, were the players who used to play in the |uk| combo server.

Most people don't like playing against buggy high ping players, who's shock balls are completely useless to other players, that explode two times if you shot them, and their owner shoots them, can't kill them with their own shock balls, combos exploding no where near where the shock ball is replicated for everyone else(higher the ping the worse it is), being killed by combos after you killed a player(not just high pings).

no me gusta, estoy triste

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by kdawg232 View Post
    Congratulations guys...you have killed the server. Going off of what I can see (which isn't much), the server was ranked between 11-14 when NW was included. As of this morning it is #21. Nobody is in the server at night anymore when NW guys used to come out and play. When I log into play, the only people in there are Chinpo & Slasher. Glad to see those guys are happy playing VP FragWhores 30 times a day but other people who only have 15-30 minutes (at most) to play a day, would appreciate a server with people and decent gameplay. Time to end this experiment and go back to what made this server successful for so long with such a little player base.
    We have a NW server and none play there. Can you explain?
    NW server >>>>> unreal://66.150.121.153:7777
    Maybe it is time to close server and let guys that know better how it works opening their own server....
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 04-12-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    Blond's copyrighted

Thread Information