User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ACE and NFO servers

Just a heads up if you are a NFO server owner. I recently noticed that all servers listed InterNap will not allow you to connect to ACE 10e, only ACE 8. Only the Premium server locations will allow it to work. I am not an IT guy so I don't know why. I just know this is true with both my servers. Premium locations at NFO are Seattle and Chicago.

Have you tried ACEv10f yet. You can find it here https://ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12700

We haven't tried any new versions yet. Mainly because we have many mods that depend on 8h. Once those are recompiled, we may upgrade. Having said that, the limitations are probably for shared servers. We run on a dedicated, I doubt this will be a problem for us.

Have you tried @SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} ?

NFOServer user here, been over a year and I had much issues and troubleshooting with it until Anth uploaded the new ACE binary to test on mine and it worked.

The F version is fixed for NFOServers. Thank god.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    We haven't tried any new versions yet. Mainly because we have many mods that depend on 8h. Once those are recompiled, we may upgrade. Having said that, the limitations are probably for shared servers. We run on a dedicated, I doubt this will be a problem for us.

Have you tried @SC]-[WARTZ_{HoF} ?
    The new ace works fine on non-heavily modded game server hosted on a vds from what I have noticed. Haven't tried on a nfoservers rental game server as of yet.

I tried the new ACE on both my servers . One currently runs ACE 8h and the other runs ACE 10e. No luck on either one. I even used a fresh UT ini and removed all ACE and NP Loader files from the servers too. Sometimes the servers start, sometimes not. They made me download the ACE 10f files but ACE was no where to be found when I joined the server. I restarted the servers and everything shows in the serverpackages,etc but no ACE 10f on server. I went to Chamberly's server and ACE logo pops up, so I am not sure why they don't on my servers. Anyway put the original ACE's back on and they work great. I'm not too worried, as I don't really have any traffic anyway,lol.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bad Robot; 01-24-2018 at 09:52 AM.

Have you check the log file to see if playermanager is spawning?

I think that alot of these issues revolve around making sure you have enough ports available for ACE to use. This meaning that you leave atleast 3 ports open beyond the gameservers port. So if your game server say is default 7777 then you need too make a firewall exception for 7777-7780.

Player manager only spawned for 10e. 10f was nowhere to be found in logs. But in the Player Manager folder, 10f is there. I erased 10e from the folder just to see if that would work. But nope! Thanks!
    Last edited by Bad Robot; 01-25-2018 at 08:43 AM.

Did you upload it in binary mode?

Thread Information