High pings, packet loss, lag anything else related! - Page 6

User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    I dont think it's my end that has the problem, when i first connect to the server the connection is perfect. Then ten minutes in it breaks down. The fact that it's following this pattern every time doesnt seem like it's just poor connection my end

Hi i am new here.

Since one month i play on this server, but i have some problems on this server.
    1. Since two weeks i have a big lag problem, every 20-30 seconds a get a lag over 2-3 seconds. My biggest prob plz help me
    2. One Time a message opend i get kicked from server something is wrong with my ut ident-id wtf?
    3. Double jump is not working so i cant use jetpack.
    4. Spech Binder is not working on this server, this option is out of my menu?

THX for help

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
    Hi i am new here.

Since one month i play on this server, but i have some problems on this server.
    1. Since two weeks i have a big lag problem, every 20-30 seconds a get a lag over 2-3 seconds. My biggest prob plz help me
    2. One Time a message opend i get kicked from server something is wrong with my ut ident-id wtf?
    3. Double jump is not working so i cant use jetpack.
    4. Spech Binder is not working on this server, this option is out of my menu?

THX for help
    #1 Sounds like an Unreal problem, not the server. I'd check your display driver settings on the Pull Down Menu for Preferences>Video>D3D and update it to D3D8 or D3D9.

#2 ALWAYS take a screenshot (say sshot in the console) when you see or hear something odd and include it in your post about it.

#3 the Jump keybind should be "DoubleJump|JumpRel|SetJetpack 1|Jump|OnRelease SetJetpack 0". Have you assigned a key for the Jump? To check it type 'get input <key>" just change the <key> to the key you are using for jump. mine is on the control key; so "get input ctrl" will show me "DoubleJump|JumpRel|SetJetpack 1|Jump|OnRelease SetJetpack 0"

To set it; type "set input DoubleJump|JumpRel|SetJetpack 1|Jump|OnRelease SetJetpack 0" in the Unreal Console

Sounds like you have an Unreal problem with #4. The Speech Binder is what attaches KEYS to Say and TeamSay commands. So when I press the "U" key my player says, "You like that?" for example. Are you referring to pressing the "V" key to say a message?

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    #1 Sounds like an Unreal problem, not the server. I'd check your display driver settings on the Pull Down Menu for Preferences>Video>D3D and update it to D3D8 or D3D9.

#2 ALWAYS take a screenshot (say sshot in the console) when you see or hear something odd and include it in your post about it.

#3 the Jump keybind should be "DoubleJump|JumpRel|SetJetpack 1|Jump|OnRelease SetJetpack 0". Have you assigned a key for the Jump? To check it type 'get input <key>" just change the <key> to the key you are using for jump. mine is on the control key; so "get input ctrl" will show me "DoubleJump|JumpRel|SetJetpack 1|Jump|OnRelease SetJetpack 0"

To set it; type "set input DoubleJump|JumpRel|SetJetpack 1|Jump|OnRelease SetJetpack 0" in the Unreal Console

Sounds like you have an Unreal problem with #4. The Speech Binder is what attaches KEYS to Say and TeamSay commands. So when I press the "U" key my player says, "You like that?" for example. Are you referring to pressing the "V" key to say a message?
    1. Ill use since years D3D9 drivers without problems + HD textures on win7 ultimate, this lag prob is since two weeks on all servers you are right but i dont know why, changed nothing
    2. A friend of me used a copy of my ut99 on the same server is this the problem?
    3. Ill will try this
    sorry for my bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
    1. Ill use since years D3D9 drivers without problems + HD textures on win7 ultimate, this lag prob is since two weeks on all servers you are right but i dont know why, changed nothing
    2. A friend of me used a copy of my ut99 on the same server is this the problem?
    3. Ill will try this
    sorry for my bad english
    Only if you were playing on the same local network and on the game server. Each player must have it's own User.ini file for each computer. Deleting it (or renaming it) and then starting UnrealTournament will create a new INI file and allow you to play on same server, including local networks. Always make a backup copy of your Unreal files BEFORE deleting or renaming system files.

Quote Originally Posted by .seVered.][ View Post
    Only if you were playing on the same local network and on the game server. Each player must have it's own User.ini file for each computer. Deleting it (or renaming it) and then starting UnrealTournament will create a new INI file and allow you to play on same server, including local networks. Always make a backup copy of your Unreal files BEFORE deleting or renaming system files.
    He has only a copy of my original UT GOTY CD, he did not use the same ini or D3D9 drivers.
    I delete my ut and recovered a 2 years old ut backup from my usb stick (UT+D3D9 drivers+ HD Textures+Cache and settings) but the lag prob is the same!?! wtf goes on
    PLZ help me, i changed nothing at the pc system or config.

I agree with Gorn, the servers have been really laggy. I remember that I used to press F6 and always have over 300 channels, now I barely hit 100 (I don't know if it has anything to do with the lag). My ping is still the same and when I go to another server, channels are around 380.

It has been like this for 2 weeks I think.

What is channels on F6? And for where is it? I have no server more than 79 Channels. Is more or less better? Is there a possibility to tune this?

There are three types of channels:
    - File channel. (pre-join)
    - Control channel.
    - Actor channel. (one per replicated actor)

The actor channels are the ones you see in F6 (maybe minus 1 for control channel) and are simply kept open even if no data is being transferred (other than keep alive signals), a big channel count on clients mean various things:
    - Server making lots of replication checks for said client (and potentially other clients with high channel count).
    - Too many bAlwaysRelevant actors, usually caused by lackluster mod design.
    - Many database actors being transferred to more players than it should.
    - If you're viewing via F5 a player with lots of items in his inventory. (This is a fuckup on default replication, cannot be fixed via UScript)

Other than those, clientside channel count isn't much of a cause for concern, unless the server's CPU is weak and framerate high because replication checks can be 10x as intense as normal game code. Higher tickrate and higher playercounts can make a server take from 1ms to 10ms to perform those checks... and 10ms is exactly the time needed to run at 100fps. It's one of the reasons that running NewNet at 100TR requires a player limit below 15-10 depending on server performance.

It's the serverside channel count that's critical, because the channel limit is 1024 it is very important to keep all possible replicatable actors below 1024.
    If the server channel count goes above 1024, there is risk that new players will not be able to have their own pawns replicated to themselves causing them to sit in 'Connecting' and then failing to join.

Channel count can only be reduced by:
    - Optimizing mods for better network play.
    - Making decorations in maps -bNoDelete=True (or bStatic=True) and setting RemoteRole=ROLE_None, causing the client to load them and not receive them from server.
    - Keeping monster count below 800. lol
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by wat View Post
    I agree with Gorn, the servers have been really laggy. I remember that I used to press F6 and always have over 300 channels, now I barely hit 100 (I don't know if it has anything to do with the lag). My ping is still the same and when I go to another server, channels are around 380.

It has been like this for 2 weeks I think.
    Do a tracert !

Thread Information