User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Really strange mouse issues, weird focusing in games

Hello UnrealKillers community,

a friendly HELLO o/ to everyone

as written in the titel i have some weird things happening on my system here and hope to find some help how to fix it here.

so whats going on?

well in games it seems like my mouse gets supported to aim at some locations which are always the same on any map i play on
    and sometimes it feels like it want to stick to the pathroutes offline bots usually use to walk on.

Maybe some of you watched the demo i posted in the Reports/Complaints & Appeals section http://www.unrealkillers.com/f44/kyaxiz-6279/
    of my CTF-Control game which was already infected by that problem, while its probably not seeable anyway^^

if not,
    i got a picture here from the map deck16 to try to explain a bit better what i mean.

as you see i marked two red dots which are spawnpoints on that map
    and a yellow arrow which shows from where i come and in what direction i going to walk.

so if i walking down that corridor i have to aim for the left side, as soon im getting near to that spawnpoint while aiming to the left side
    it is truely feelable that my mousemove gets supported to look to the center of that spawnpoint
    there is also some acceleration noticeable, while i usually have everykind of mouse acceleration off

this problem doesnt just appear while being near to spawnpoints, it also shows up for example at "mid of the map", at lifts or if im getting near to any Flag or flagstand in the Capture the Flag gametype
    its like always depending what "actionplace" im nearest to,
    also it seems this weird mouselag / acceleration however we wanna call it only shows up if im walking arround with W,A,S,D or Arrowkeys,
    if im standing still it seems my mousemovement or aim feels natural like it used to.
    this problem appears in ut99 and some other shooters i play,

as far as i can say my cursor movement in Windows 7 feels normal.

i really dont know if it is a Hardware,software or another kind of Problem,

What did i do yet?

...i unplugged my mouse and inplugged it again..
    ...deinstalled all mousedriver including the Software (Logitech Gaming Software) and reinstalled them..
    ...checked if angle snapping was active, it was off..
    ...anyway tried a registery file that turns off angle snapping..
    ...tried two another mice..
    ...updated all my hardware driver..
    ...used to restore my system with a backup which was definately was NOT infected..
    ...checked my system for malware with SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, found a few things but removing it didnt change anything..
    ...checked my system for viruses with Kaspersky..
    ...used to reinstall my windows..

My PC is nearly 3 months young so i dont think anything is broken :/

Hopefully anybody of you have a nice idea to help me with this, because it is really really annoying and ruines the feeling using my computer...

Computerspecs following..

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM @ 2400Mhz (Kingston HyperX 16gb kit in dual channel)
    Graphigcard name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980
    Mainboard: ASrock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer
    Mouse : Logitech G303 / G400

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    is this just on our servers kyaxiz or everywhere you play?

i'd say use a mouse movement recorder like sja does and see whats happening with mouse first?

Mouse movement recorder is in this package if you need it: Windows Mouse Things: The MarkC Windows 8.1 + 8 + 7 Mouse Acceleration Fix

Well i used the Mousemovementrecorder in nearly all game i have and it seems like only ut99 and ut4 doing problems,
    and it seems like it got something to do with direct input, ut4 seems to use it aswell by standart, and in ut99 i play with it since long time but it never happen something weird earlier...

edit.: everything tested with windows mouse settings 6/11 while markc fix activated.

here a picture :

Last edited by kyaxiz; 07-14-2015 at 11:31 AM.

If you want to turn off enhanced pointer precision for UT with direct input off, you have to turn it off while you have UT running, and do it every time you run UT. This is why I started to use direct input instead, it's too much messing around otherwise. (Control panel -> mouse)

my enhanced pointer precision is always off and also doesnt gets forced on while playing ut, even with direct input off
    when i used to play without direct input i always checked if enhanced pointer precision gets forced on and it was still off in 95% of gamestarts, dont know whats about that while it usually should get toggled on by gamestart

I'm curious why your using 500hz polling rate instead of 1000hz?

1000hz= 1 ms response time

500hz = 2 ms

unless your pc for some reason has flaws using 1000hz polling rate I think the one with a lower response time is always better imo

As you using the Fatal1ty Mouse Port? If not, try it. (I doubt this will fix anything, shitty mobo).
    Also, are you sure that you are using 500 hz by standard? Can also be that either this port (if you use it) doesn't support your mouse and therefore uses the 500 hz. Also check F-Stream if it's installed. Very interesting that you use 500 and not 1000...

When seeing topic title I first thought you had same problem as I had over a year ago (random mouse spasms) but seems this isn't a vsync problem... since it seems to happen in other games as well. You could always try it (using Application settings here in ATI/Nvid and SwapInterval=-1 UT)

I think I have seen something similar like this back in the good old days but unfortunately can't find it back on the net :/

All this still doesn't explain why your mouse pointer (crosshair) seems to be "attracted to certain points in the map".

--

Did you try good old compatibility mode, switching your application (UT) to WIN98 or something? (I'm on a Mac now, so I don't know specifics.)

Also Blaze asked whether you have these issues only on UnrealKillers servers or elsewhere as well. This would be very interesting to know. I also "have a feeling" (not sure) that the entire movement and mouse behavior is slightly different in Siege, MonsterHunt and BunnyTrack for example. This could be totally imaginary since the game context is so different...

The registry files mentioned by SJA94 should be worth a try anyway.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LoSaH View Post
    As you using the Fatal1ty Mouse Port? If not, try it. (I doubt this will fix anything, shitty mobo).
    What's wrong with the Fatal1ty mobo? I have a z97 an it's good

Thread Information