User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recent PC GAMES - titles, opinions and recommendations

Apart from playing ut instagib for the last 18 years, I've always liked to check out new games regardless of the type in order to find those that I'd want to come back to, like ut. I went through most of the popular titles in the past, except for the last 2-3 years when I gave up because I can honestly name only a couple of such titles with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit at the very top, Max Paynes, Warcraft 3 (sadly doesn't work on win7/8/10) and Dungeon Keeper 2.

I'm currently trying to catch up on those last 2-3 years, but there are just too many of them these days so if you can share your opinons on recent games that you checked out, I'd be greatful.

In the past two months I checked out:

1. Battlefield, Sniper Elite 4, Call of Duties - it turns out I don't enjoy war games any more
    2. Mortal Combat X/Xl - those I found boring because they're almost like their predecessors
    3. Rise of the Tomb Raider - always liked this series but got discouraged after getting stuck at the begining while climbing the mountain lol
    4. GTA V - seemed nice but grown bored at about 30% of the game completion
    5. Witcher 3 Wild Hunt - I like it but can't decide if I'm going to continue after completing a few missions
    6. DOOM - I'm still checking it out but ut seems a lot better
    7. Dirt 4 - definitely gonna play it for some time, enjoyed Dirt 3 for many years
    8. Watch Dogs 2 - kind of reminds me of Max Payne thus I spend most of the time playing this atm

P.S.I'm thinking of buying Overwatch and Forza Horizon 3 since I can't download a working copy anywhere xD
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

I've tried mortal kombat, GTA and Doom. Basically all the same as always....just boring old same.

Witcher, same as you. Did the first fight and then couldn't decide whether I want to continue. Rocketleague is the only mew game I've enjoyed

UT us probably the only game I continue to play, be that once a year.

Best new game ive played is persona 5. Except for that Horizon is a good game.

What is persona 5?

I tried H1Z1. Played it four times never played it again. Most games these days are waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    What is persona 5?

I tried H1Z1. Played it four times never played it again. Most games these days are waste of money
    Its a japanese rpg with social elements. Big timewaster

Just stick to the old classic games. No graphics can beat Unreal Tournament.
    Im still playing old games like total annihilation, heroes 3, Age of Empires.

The newest ones are Counter Strike Source and Left 4 dead 2. Im still looking forwad to a good game that keeps my attention like unreal Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by SkYlInE View Post
    Just stick to the old classic games. No graphics can beat Unreal Tournament.
    Im still playing old games like total annihilation, heroes 3, Age of Empires.

The newest ones are Counter Strike Source and Left 4 dead 2. Im still looking forwad to a good game that keeps my attention like unreal Tournament.
    I've already mentioned MY classics, thus I'm going over the latest pc games xD

I used to enjoy MotoGP 3 a lot back in the days so I started testing MotoGP 17 today, looks promising

P.S. Did I hear CS? never!!!
    Last edited by soma; 08-17-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkYlInE View Post
    total annihilation
    That game is legendary. Fallout sequels by interplay were the best too. Much better than the Bethesda versions.

I did play 2moons aka dekaron for two years - an MMO was the highest ranking and top magician. But most today the people I played with left. The epic PvP team battles stopped too. Without the people, that game died for me.

Like you though, still waiting for a game that holds my attention like UT.

When i'm not playing UT i'm popping CDs. Only other game i play is Diablo 2 whenever there are resets but it's a 2000 game, so out-of-topic here.

UT is closest thing to virtual reality because it translates two base factors: Strength and agility. Different mods add bonuses like thinking, 3D orientation (SLV), strategy (Siege), geometry (BT), etc. When i try a new game, the camera is all wrong and i can't side-dodge or move fast, so it's not close to a virtual reality system. What happens then is that the brain enters a dissociative mode where one zone of the brain is working full while another is braindead. TV is dissociative for the same reason because the brain is wildly stimulated but other parts are dead which is why it's called a trance state.

I've tried them military games but when my feet are cemented and can't move out of fire, i'm gone. UT from a technological/scientific perspective has not been matched in 18 years IMO.

I have to admit that after seeing a general misery when it comes to 1st person shooters, I installed UT4 again and play it from time to time but I'm no good with normal weapons so I mostly die there.
    The last time I played NW was in 1999 when ut came out and I had no internet in the dorm so I played with bots raising their level etc, in 2000 when I got my first net, I fell in love with instagib dm and ctf later xD

Thread Information