User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TimTim View Post
    bitcoin mining
    Prolly not wurf. The Russians were doing this in my basement but the hash output to electricity bill ratio was stupid. It's going to be extra hard to compete now that Wall Street is in on it. There are some "hot" new crypto-currencies rumored to be up and coming. I read about one recently touted to overtake bitcoin soon. I'm not sure if this is the one I read about but, http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/05/billi...ocurrency.html

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Prolly not wurf.
    Yeah. I knew about bitcoin when it first became a thing. Didn't think much of it. Figured it was just another fad technology. Kicking myself now for not even getting a few bitcoins at the beginning. It's insane how much it's worth now, so I'm just like... fuck... what if something crazy happens and its value increases even more?!

Yeah but also dodgy as fuck, though. Remember that Pokemon site that ended up stealing tons of bitcoin? Also, something crazy could happen and bitcoin suddenly becomes worthless. So there was probably at least some wisdom in labeling it a fad, though I wouldn't mind owning some.

Bitcoin isn't going anywhere, the other big one is Ethereum which is getting support from big companies like Microsoft and Intel.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    Ethereum
    Yeah I was reading about that one recently. I need to do some actual research on it. Might be worth it.

the thing about the whole virtural currency is that nobody stands a chance against russians, because they they buy all those new best gpus tax free, plus the electricity there costs almost nothing if not for free for certain parties...
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Most likely all the hashes easy enough for these GPU based frankencoiners will be hashed fairly soon and the market for these cards will crash. The more machines that get in on this early, the faster the easy hashes will be computed and the faster the GPU based hashers will become obsolete. I'll bet that in a few months there will be tons of these new and used for even cheaper than ever.

Thread Information