User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Not like my opinion holds any weight here, but just so my stance as an outsider is clear... If what Keith is saying is true, then a ban is definitely in order.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    You left your team by going to spec, thus forcing the newest player on red to blue which happened to be Adrian. Seconds after you decided to rejoin the now much stronger blue team again.
    If you had at least waited a few minutes your actions would be deemed negligible but doing it in such a short timeframe was calling for a punishment.
    I don't see this in the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    I know this doesn't satisfy you because there's still room for nitpicking but let me give you the answer you are looking for.
    laming
    stacking
    teamswitching (in a broader sense of the word)
    laming <- false
    stacking <- false, at least it wasn't me who balanced the teams
    teamswitching (in a broader sense of the word) <- true if the sense of the word is so broad that it reaches it's counter part (team-non-switching)

Some time ago I've been banned for removing a building. I apologized because it was a mistake even when I was provoked by a previous removal of a forcefiled I had built. My ban was unfair at some point, but it was according to the rules clearly. After that, as if it was a big joke, building removal became unbearable in the server (One Night Stand). I came here and complained about it, giving a specific case. Then then guy I accused started discussing with admins about how good that rule of building removal was. No only he didn't get banned, but he kept removing buildings after that. Fortunately, something changed in the game engine which prevented some removals. And users stopped removing buildings at will. (You should be able to see this reflected in some threads here).

That event, just like this one, aren't about "the ban" itself. This situations are the bases of the way we play, and how much we enjoy playing in the server. Some admins tend to ban too quick some players, and tend to be too permissive with their "friends".
    I'm YPF

@TimTim, @Keith says I left for making Adrian to switch to blue team. That's not truth, if you check the screen shot in the first page of this thread, you will see it's terminator who balanced teams. Then Adrian said "omfg" which is what we all say when we are team switched (this happens all the time). And terminator started yelling at me (this isn't on the screenshot as it happened afterwards) and Diablo banned me.
    But the ban itself is not the matter here.
    I'm YPF

Quote Originally Posted by _Leo_ View Post
    laming <- false
    Nope, elaborate.

stacking <- false, at least it wasn't me who balanced the teams
    The moment you rejoined your team you stacked it.

teamswitching (in a broader sense of the word) <- true if the sense of the word is so broad that it reaches it's counter part (team-non-switching)
    Your action caused someone to get switched. You took advantage of it afterwards.

This is going to be long and good.
    If no one closes this thread this might entertain me for weeks.

--- Updated ---

@TimTim, @Keith says I left for making Adrian to switch to blue team. That's not truth, if you check the screen shot in the first page of this thread, you will see it's terminator who balanced teams.
    By going to spec you left the teams uneven. It was inevitable and predictable that someone would balance the teams, thus that argument is rubbish.

If I left and someone got balanced (switched) then our teams were uneven before I left. Team balance does nothing unless there's two or more players of difference. In the end I got banned for what happened instead of for what I actually did. And some misterious ability to predict what terminator was going to do.

You don't enjoy this thread because you're right. You enjoy the bans it selves.
    I'm YPF

What you call mysterious is common sense but hey, we can call it mysterious if that's more to your liking
    Anyway, again, you don't seem to grasp that you were not banned for terminator's action but for yours. It wasn't him who went to spec nor was it him who rejoined the server seconds later.

You don't enjoy this thread because you're right. You enjoy the bans it selves.
    I wasn't aware that I banned you.

Leo. Seriously you are some whiny person. Your ban is probably over by now and you're still going. TLDR what Tim said.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Leo. Seriously you are some whiny person. Your ban is probably over by now and you're still going. TLDR what Tim said.
    I guess the point isn't when the ban is over. And I guess I've been clear about that already.
    I'm YPF

Thread Information