Question about shooting the supplier - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So please instruct mods like Higor to watch on that. I've been banned on face once and i clearly see he probably didn't understand that rule. (if it was the case as i explained)

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    can i just add that spamming for the sake of spamming when you can get to the core just as easily and end the game is what should be considered here?

ive seen and banned many people for spamming constantly when they could have ended the game i.e. cores difference is 100 - your teams 20 or whatever and instead some moron spams sup

thats why supplyer must be at smart spot i shoot supplyer all the time to get to the core we all do, be honest... camping on supplyer and kill ppl thats gay =)

I will just say this one last time, and it's my very last input on Siege: every single one of your rules can be transformed into flawless code.
    I have been saying this for years and this is the last time I will reiterate this.

@Higor: Afaik, you even said something similar yourself once not long ago, how come these sort of things are not being focused on in new versions while new items are? I agree with adding content, but these are long term issues that need to be dealt with first and foremost by the Siege code itself, and they're not that hard to implement.

This is also another one of the reasons I stopped playing Siege: uK is the only viable Siege option to play the gametype nowadays, but personally I never know what's right or wrong. In order to play, I have to spend more time thinking about the 1000 rules I must not break rather than enjoying the game, to the point it became a hassle to play rather than being fun.
    This also means that the first thing I had to do even months ago once I entered the server was type "!rules" instead of my WASD keys and mouse button to start playing.

So, once more, to stick in: instead of rules, add code to automatically enforce them, not by kicking or banning, but by penalizing in points or avoid things altogether, and that way everyone can focus 100% into playing the game rather than deciding if something is ok or not to do by the server rules.
    Best regards
    Last edited by Feralidragon; 03-25-2013 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    So, once more, to stick in: instead of rules, add code to automatically enforce them, not by kicking or banning, but by penalizing in points or avoid things altogether, and that way everyone can focus 100% into playing the game rather than deciding if something is ok or not to do by the server rules.
    Best regards
    Note taken, penalty added.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Feralidragon View Post
    This has always been my view to be honest.....I've always been very tolerant and I prefer to let players play how they would without being stupidly lame...and it worked until I had no time to moderate myself....opinions vary between moderators and that's normal. I can't instill myself into them unfortunately

You should have input...it's always positive

A small suggestion for @Higor/@SAM: Can we have non-passive RU gains or losses reported for each hit? Like a flashing +5 if we ripper a container?

I tend to kick and warn, not ban.

Dragon is right, instead of "gay" rules that piss of players (some, not all), players should be penalized for doing sup spam AND receive a Message on their screen "You ve lost X ammount of RU for Sup killing X times". Long but something like that.

This way when sup spammers check their RU they will note they either lost some or leeched very little amounts...

Nukes are another case, directly nuking a supplier or not, you get kills, hence why it shouldn't be penalized, but if a mod is nearby, a Warn/Kick should be enough. (or make nuke sup kills not RU worthy)

@Scourge OMG thats the same we have over BFP4f ! it would be awesome to implement that ! Nice idea, hope it is a possibility.
    "Tactical Suicide!"

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    It would be pretty unfair ban. What pple expect... to walk past by a horde of players which will obviously shoot back from supplier.. wtf?? what kind of game is that when people shoot at you from supplier and u're not allowed to shoot back.
    It's crap i say. It cannot be sup spamming if player meant to kill players from supplier in order to pass by and reach the core.
    Higor, if the case was as i just mentioned above, then this is rather LAME warning and threatening to player who actually tried to reach your core. Is it even possible to reach it in any other way??
    We really need a definition of spamming a supplier. Personally i wouldn't care if i'd lose 50 or 5000000 RU there since my goal would be to reach the core asap, not being a lamer. And i surely would drop 6pack at supplier especially if i'd see someone tries to shoot me back from it
    Agreed, not all of you can zip your way to the core untouched like me.

Quote Originally Posted by terminator View Post
    what kind of game is that when people shoot at you from supplier and u're not allowed to shoot back.
    That is the issue. Getting past players should be the obligation of the attacker, especially since the siege game play changed to award more RU for hitting core. Attackers should not expect a free pass with lame shot at supplier.

Players should not be able to sit in supplier and fire on the attacker, yet their sitting there makes them a potential threat. My suggestion is to code it so that any player receiving ammo or armor from a supplier/ss cannot fire the ammo until they are physically out of the supplier. Additionally, either give the player(s) in the supplier immunity or raise the RU loss on the supplier kill to something like 300-500. That is a compromise for both parties. It gives an extra split second or three for the attacker to advance as well as anticipate the defenders' actions and also allows defenders protection to reset their bearing.

Another possibility that came to mind is to enforce the -50 RU for the first player killed in supplier, but then make it 300-500 RU when one or more additional players are killed on the same run (that is punitive enough, does not need to be 300 RU per kill). This preserves endgame strategy for team supplier killing and other supplier killing strategies that inevitably come into play (killing nuker, trans'er, jetpacker). Maybe add code that says 'if player killed in supplier has nuke, trans or jetpack, do not lose RU'.
    Last edited by Novak; 04-08-2013 at 10:29 PM.

Thread Information