User Tag List

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Unplayable

From what i experience is the hitbox and the LC weapons the main problem for me, gotta know the exact spot to hit for a headshot for each individual person. Same with shock rifle (beams going through players) and people getting hit by a 6 pack rocket launcher sometimes dont die and go on unscathed.

Quote Originally Posted by skaarj_dulog View Post
    No. Enemy shouldnt know how many HP you have....because when they know you have low HP they instantly starting to chase you with pulse/minigun
    This was there from before my times, what was the purpose of this anyways?

If it's about the rockets, fine, i'll completely disable the LC prediction.
    For anyone that wants the prediction, it can be enabled clientside with:
    MUTATE PREDICTION _maxping_
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    This was there from before my times, what was the purpose of this anyways?
    Well this is retarded, why should enemy know how many HP i have? It should be fixed
    Just imagine how usefull will be 400HP mid item, when enemy doesnt knows that you have 400 hp
    Or when u running around with low HP, u get instantly pulsed...which u wouldnt if enemy wouldnt know that you have low HP

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    Would still like to know what Adrian and Dangerboy contributed btw.
    They were the bug catchers (sort of what Yeehaw and Chamberly are doing now) after SW went inactive, I do remember a few notes from Adrian telling me that the supermine was giving 200 RU per kill (and that's the reason it only gives ~110 today) and adjustments to make mines and protectors appear faster on clients so they have more time to react, most of it happened a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    you are one of the "few" people that hit perfectly with the bluegun
    Aliases[18]=(Command="Button bRun|fov 80|onrelease fov 107",Alias=Walking)
    Adrian figured out I was using some sort of FOV toggling.
    Widescreen in UT automatically gives you a smaller FOV... IF you look at it from both upper and lower edges (fov 107 on 16:9 is sort of 90 on 4:3)

Quote Originally Posted by skaarj_dulog View Post
    Exactly! Remember i hit you with rockets right indaface, and you got 0 damage, you even wondered yourself about how this rocket didnt damaged you lol
    ahha yeah, wasn't that on clarion not to long ago?
    Last edited by |uK|kenneth; 05-24-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|kenneth View Post
    ahha yeah, wasn't that on clarion not to long ago?
    Yuup

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/n7iJRbZ.jpg[/MG]

We lost that DoA game because the window didn't have anything to annoy nukers and block them, sucks being unable to build those in the last 3 minutes because you can't be flexible.

@Rays
    You've obviously missed the resonable input I've gotten from some of the players that weren't hellbent on bashing me and instead decided to be constructive, Adrian and Dangerboy got lots of good stuff I wouldn't have thought of added.

The reasoning behind some of the changes is variety.
    Being able to play in many different ways to make the mod appeal to all kinds of players and to make defenders be more creative (funny, today only VERY FEW players manage to effectively defend).
    Being able to push an advantage even further instead of getting locked in a Nuker vs Nuker showdown for the next 50 minutes, and also being able to push it very early.
    There's nearly no rubberbanding at all so the excuse that I'm making it better for noobs isn't valid here (I know of a few games that started applying rubberbanding, I quit them)
    Also, remember those 4 hour overtimes? When was the last one?

Just because sniper can't hit ducking players doesn't mean that the whole mod is shit.
    And if pulse gun had lag compensation would you start bitching at it as well?
    The best way to handle both the pulse gun and the minigun is to make protectors lower the health to 20-25 instead of 10.

Come on, adrian and Dangerboy? the biggest cry babies who have to exploit everything they can to be top of the board but bitch and cry if they lose?...seriously? you have based siege around those two muppets?.... Now I see why siege is so fucked if it is people like that steering siege outcome. You are meant to listen to the community, something you do NOT do. People are laying into you because you ignore problems and add useless shit instead. No one is actually having a go because of the other things you add, it is things that make the gameplay screwed up...like the minigun, even now you refuse to address it, how many times does it need to be said before you actually answer why you wont do anything about it?

I wouldn't be flexible with spam builds? you want me to bend the rules for you like admin abuse by stating you can do it but others cannot? yeah, you make a good admin/mod don't you. That higor is the point, you will exploit anything you can regardless of rules set in place. you believe yourself above it all.

I will never let you or anyone else do things others get banned for, I don't do favouritism.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Mod load has already been looked into. Which is why the new native replication has been disabled. I'm not being narrow minded, at all.

And your loss is occurring client side. On hop 5.

I'm really not playing any sort of card. If I an verily identify the issue, I will put the time in to address them. The problem is people want me to put time in when they don't want to spare a five or even a minute.
    My loss isn't anywhere Sam, that is when the server is smooth, it recovers after that hop if you see the average. You know I have the utmost respect for you Sam, that goes without saying and I cannot see that changing. I have known you longer than anyone else here I think.

I get what you are saying with MTR being a possible help, but so many people from different countries get it at the same time. I will make sure I will get one done the second I get lag and any time after.
    I have the exact same issues as Diablo regarding hit box, sometimes I hit a player and see the green blood but no damage was dealt as if I fired right through them. Crouching players I have to aim to the left of the player to hit them. It's pain in the ass issues like that which may or may not be caused by lag or by siege version currently running.
    Saying you have done this and that are only words, people need to see physical actions. Why are you being so stubborn and refusing to roll back the siege version and then wait for player input? there is no way you can check or test it because you would need server load which will vary and cannot be predicted.

Wouldn't you rather hear it isn't siege causing it so we can eliminate that as a reason? Remember I have been there and done that when it comes to mods, I rolled back plenty of times when I got many complaining of lag.
    Personally all the shit started happening when the new constructor version was put on the server and slowly got worse. Others it could be different, but that is the last time I remember the server being constantly smooth and enjoyable, apart from the rapid fire sniper minigun.

My last words.....

Higor, you are a cunt, good dev which unfortunately has gone to your head, not the first time I have seen it. You need to listen to the average joe players, not those that suck themselves off if they win a game or run off crying and blaming the team if they lose. Don't ever expect me to bend the rules for you, it won't happen. If others cannot do it, then neither can you. set the right example. I don't want a player getting banned for spam builds to come to the forum yelling you did it so why cant they?

Sam, love you man but come on, do something physical to work with the players instead of saying you want players to do the work first, which will just drag this problem on forever while waiting for the random MTR results.
    While you wait, roll back the siege to the last version with old constructor as a TRIAL not permanent! If the issues are still there then you and Higor can be relieved it isn't that and players cannot blame it, that would be one thing off the cause list. If it turns out it IS siege, then it makes higor aware and he can fix it before his next release instead of allowing the issue grow and grow.

I have a big mouth, no secret. I may be the voice of many or only a few, but I know there is a big problem affecting many and the upper admins are not showing they give a tiny rats ass.

I need to take my meds now, they stop the unhinged behaviour. Thanks for reading my book

Finally.... remove the fucking minigun...how many times man? it isn't asking much and many have begged for it to be removed... just remove it already.

They were the bug catchers (sort of what Yeehaw and Chamberly are doing now) after SW went inactive, I do remember a few notes from Adrian telling me that the supermine was giving 200 RU per kill (and that's the reason it only gives ~110 today) and adjustments to make mines and protectors appear faster on clients so they have more time to react, most of it happened a couple of years ago.
    Bug catching is not the same as providing input, sounds to me like you still called all the shots on what's happened to siege. I just gave you guidelines for developing the mod in only 2 paragraphs, at least acknowledge them, I know this stuff like the back of my hand. Siege used to be a mod that took care of itself without changes to gameplay, if you want to get to that point you need to make it actually feel like UT again because it didn't when I was still playing and apparently does not still. It sounds like you want the right things for the mod, I just don't think you understand how to get there.

[X][~FLuKE~][X][;112520]I wouldn't be flexible with spam builds? you want me to bend the rules for you like admin abuse by stating you can do it but others cannot? yeah, you make a good admin/mod don't you. That higor is the point, you will exploit anything you can regardless of rules set in place. you believe yourself above it all.
    You would have banned me for spamming a few containers near that window to make sure nukers can't hit the core one minute from overtime.
    That's why I said you can't be flexible, the reason you can't build stuff anywhere is because it helps the other team as they get RU from it.
    In DoA there will always be parts of a SC exposed, SP's being visible firing at you, half a FF visible and ready to be constantly headshotted from the other side of the map.
    Not being able to block that window 1 minute away from overtime is like not being able to build anything at all on [4]Thorns
    Again, after all this time, you caused me and a whole team to lose another game.
    You must be feeling so well right now.

Should I start using a VPN so I don't get 'preferential' treatment from you while we play?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|Rays View Post
    Hey
    Idk if you realized, but a good exemple of siege be each update less skill based is the frag ru bonus...
    If you are a good player, the enemies players get a lot of ru killing you, but if you are noob, you give almost nothing ru bonus.

Skill is a personal merit, why siege try compensate the difference of skills levels with advatages for the noobs???

exemple:

Blaze (that for sure trained a lot) kills chimp = 25 RU
    Chimp had luck and killed blaze = 65 RU

fair?

Thread Information