servers and forum dying real fast :( - Page 4

User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hopefully siege pugs come back during summer. Didn't check if there was a pug bot though.

would a discord bot work better? and a discord server

Rol

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0 View Post
    Rol
    Thanks for the valuable input.

Dying for a few reasons, have you ever had a shitty day and then it keeps piling on and gets shittier? That's what's happening with UT99 couple years ago prior to 2012 it was going strong, probably more than half the servers had some people on them daily. CSGO was released and people found a new good game and moved on, this caused a massive blow to the UT communities and it lost a lot of players. From 2012 -2016 it just kept slowly fading, when overwatch came out it took another massive hit. Now people play Overwatch or CSGO they barely play UT99. I quit UT because of CSGO and overwatch was the final blow for me. People moved on to new games, that is the why this game died out.

UT could of been saved if epic helped it by making updates, patches, anti-cheats, more maps, and provided their own servers. While I am grateful to admins who host servers of UT99, they are kind of the reason this game also failed and lost players. They hosted servers and banned players, sometimes for no reason, or for doing silly stuff, which drove people off such as newcomers or really good players. If the servers were run like how it is in counterstrike or overwatch things would of been different.

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    I decided to rant about this because I don't want it to end so any ideas?
    I feel ya. I was really hoping sumbich would try to defend the Hutchinson Effect some more. ayyyy, good times!

Honestly the publics seem to be more dead lately but I feel like during Spring & Summer activity always dies out a little & people come back during Fall & Winter to play again.

But honestly PUGs seem to be getting more & more active every day with every1 playing different game types such as iCTF, nwCTF, FLAKSPAM, Soccer, Duels, we also already have couple of succesful events such as a MOTA & also a nwDuel cup & at the moment we have a iCTF DRAFT going on which 104 people signed up for & we plan on doing much more to get PUGs & PUBLIC more active since we love this game & don't want it dieing yet.

Here is our PUG stats: Total pug = 1088 [daily:7.94]

Quote Originally Posted by WeeDMaN View Post
    Honestly the publics seem to be more dead lately but I feel like during Spring & Summer activity always dies out a little & people come back during Fall & Winter to play again.

But honestly PUGs seem to be getting more & more active every day with every1 playing different game types such as iCTF, nwCTF, FLAKSPAM, Soccer, Duels, we also already have couple of succesful events such as a MOTA & also a nwDuel cup & at the moment we have a iCTF DRAFT going on which 104 people signed up for & we plan on doing much more to get PUGs & PUBLIC more active since we love this game & don't want it dieing yet.

Here is our PUG stats: Total pug = 1088 [daily:7.94]
    we need siege pugs yo

Everyday people play UT99 pugs in discord. Yes, we are using discord instead of IRC and TS now.
    I'm sure many people here know what is discord, but I have to describe it. Discord (https://discordapp.com/) is a service where there are irc and teamspeak in one app. You can use it throught the browser but better if you will use the special app for it because of voice channels and so on. When you install discord app you should follow this link https://discord.gg/uS5ZNrc to join the discord server where we play ut99 pugs.
    There are many oldshool top players play with us. Many top players came back to UT99.

We play such pugs (gametypes) like iCTF, saCTF, xTDM (i2v2v2v2TDM), iTDM, iDOM, sDOM. Recently NW pugs like nwDuel, nwTDM, nwCTF were added.
    Also there are some funny pugs like flakspam (3v3CTF flakarena on special maps for it), rocketarena UT Soccer ( ).
    Everyday people play 8 pugs on average.
    BT (BunnyTrack) and Assault pugs will be added soon.

A new KOTG (King of the Gib) which was named as MOTA (Master of the Arena) was recently held. 1st - ex.DAM` ; 2nd - ex.Solidsnake ; 3rd - Cromaniac ; 4th - [eQ][riveN]

Now there are 104 participants of iCTF DRAFT LEAGUE: http://playerranks.passionategaming.net/ .
    About iCTF DRAFT
    Each player has its own price, as a captain you take it in turns to pick your team. However you only have so much to spend, this is to ensure team balance. I hope it's clear
    You still can sign up to iCTF DRAFT PMing admins on our discord server.

July 1st - Captains Pick Teams
    July 2nd - 1st Roung Games
    July 9th - 2st Round Games

Rules: http://rules.passionategaming.net/
    Player Ranks: http://playerranks.passionategaming.net/

Taking everything into account one has to conclude join in our discord server https://discord.gg/uS5ZNrc where many people still play ut99 pugs and sign up to iCTF DRAFT

Last edited by BaTHuK; 06-29-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Honestly I haven't played SIEGE myself personally but if someone came to our discord & helped us with a server we wouldn't mind setting up PUGs for it, promoting it & even do some small events for it.

Thread Information