User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    BlackRiver2a's BSP has no way to fix it other than a full rebuild.
    I've never seen such a disgusting brushwork in the editor... exaggerating, I've seen even worse.

I'd rather rebuild the map from scratch, using similar methods to the ones in OutworldHold.
    exactly what i said. the default map is all 1 total brush, and its hard to get all the peices seperatly and make it smooth.

Just wanna say thanks for redoing Black River. Look forward to playing it soon.

nah, its easy to find a BSP brush in any map, the mistake most people make is thinking the problem is near or around the BSP area when it can actually be anywhere in the map. look for a poorly subtracted brush, normally a cylinder or custom brush. same with a single map brush, you can break it apart easily by simply selecting vertex and splitting the brush.

also there must have been a brush added or moved to create those BSP cuts, simple texture reskinning would not cause that issue.
    Last edited by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][; 08-10-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Ain't it amazing how good for 3way the layout is?
    It'd make the map 100% balanced.

Gonna go ahead for both versions.

--- Updated ---

Ops, forgot about the pic:
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    snip
    !pink

looks dope though!

Quote Originally Posted by ][X][~FLuKE~][X][_{HoF} View Post
    nah, its easy to find a BSP brush in any map, the mistake most people make is thinking the problem is near or around the BSP area when it can actually be anywhere in the map. look for a poorly subtracted brush, normally a cylinder or custom brush. same with a single map brush, you can break it apart easily by simply selecting vertex and splitting the brush.

also there must have been a brush added or moved to create those BSP cuts, simple texture reskinning would not cause that issue.
    no its not that you cant select the brushes, the whole terrain part is all one in the default. i. but that causes a lot of seperate polys -_-

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zac View Post
    no its not that you cant select the brushes, the whole terrain part is all one in the default. i. but that causes a lot of seperate polys -_-

<---old man, been using Ued and Coding for UT since 2004, 5 years of 3dsMax, 4 years Milkshape3D, I have too much useless knowledge about Ued and 3D modelling in general. lol

think you may be confused about poly's, a poly is literally a "face" or "side" of an object, e.g. a cube has 6 polys / faces, you can select each vertex of the area of the single brush you want to remove (each join), editing a single brush is very ease to cut up, you can even clone certain parts of a single brush easily as well.

I am not saying it is easy for everyone who uses Ued, it can be a pain in the ass for someone new to 3D modelling, even I can struggle on really complex brushes.

but bottom line is that it is possible to edit any brush and to fix blackriver would take about half the time of rebuilding it from new, but that is only if someone with good knowledge of vertex editing is doing it.

The map will have special boundaries to prevent happily flying outside of it, this whole box should be a substract brush.
    The more I see these custom terrain brushes, the more I desire the implementation of static meshes, it would have been ideal here.

For the 2 way version it's gonna be very simple, delete faces on one of the 3 sides and create more high ground terrain faces.

@Higor we just need a 2 way version, also that 1 whole bsp brush is awesome!

The JPG artifacts killed the image, still you can see that the ground textures seem to blend find by the river and the map will be at dusk, so we'll have an average amount of lighting making it good for most brightness settings.
    The houses will be retextured depending on the team as well.

Thread Information