User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Thread

NBA Thread

This crap should have been made ages ago, but since we're in the Playoffs it's about damn time to start it

But for that I must summon the NBA KINGS

@|uK|Rays

@K_Soze

@A^3 (if you're still alive)

And myself (damn good but never won a ring)

PS: We all know who Shaq is, definitely undisputed

PS2: Thunder will win West again
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Good to be here folks.

Thunder should stomp Houston. Why the fuck can't Memphis ever beat the Clippers. Lakers without Kobe in the playoffs wat. LeBron is too good.

Thanks, Marv. Some impressive action in NY with the Knicks and Carmelo smothering the C's so far. Round 2 prospective matchup of NY-Indy has the makings of a classic series. Brooklyn-Chicago also a good one going into Game 3.

My man Barkley said tonight that Russell Westbrook might be the fastest player he has ever seen in the NBA. Thoughts on that?

Westbrook is a freak. He got half-injured during game 2 and was right back on the court with a spring in his step 10 seconds later. He's almost got 400 consecutive NBA games played and apparently didn't miss any high-school/college games either. Holla holla get dolla

Also is it just me or are there 2x as many Durant commercials on TV now, I know OKC is favored to win the west but dayum, dude is a media darling to the max.
    Interested to see which team A^3 is bandwagoning this year.

I'm rooting for the Houston Rockets n____n

I dont see the Grizzlies as a force... defensively of course they are but they cant score at all against this Clippers
    In the east the Bulls vs Nets matchup is probably the best so far and Pacers vs Hawks the most boring matchup (how did the Hawks get the 6th seed again?)
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

OKC superstars racking up the sponsor $$ is great for their longer term prospects so they can pull a Miami in the future and take less money while stacking their team with veterans who want to win a championship. Doesn't Westbrook have some fashion thing he's doing now? Is he getting some bucks on the side as well?

I wasn't too bullish on OKC when they lost Harden to start the season, but they seem to to be pretty strong and have a few cards up their sleeve for when they need them. That Jackson seems like a guy who could go off when they need him. How about that Ibaka block of the two-handed Asik flush when the game was tied 3rd quarter last night to spark the run? That was sweet. Would like the Raysmaster's honest opinion on OKC's standing without Harden, if they are better or worse with everything that has happened since.

I didn't think they would get back to the finals but at this point, I don't see anyone really standing in their way. I like the Clippers and am a big fan of CP3, but was so disappointed when they didn't fire their coach after last year. If they had someone like Rick Adelman (Twolves coach and a good one), I would give them much more of a shot to beat OKC.

The only reason Clips beat Griz the other night was CP3. Singlehandedly took over late when other guys were standing around. For some of you younger kids out there, Chauncey Billups of the Clips was a big factor in the Twolves' run to the conference finals back in '03 when they had KG and Latrell Sprewell. That was a great year. Billups then unfortunately went to Detroit where they won a championship and then back-to-back conference finals before LeBron put the smack down on them in '07.

Clips/Griz should be good tonight. That arena is always crazy and their stadium announcer is a freak.

Think Derek Fisher is a great addon for OKC in terms of experience, also cant forget about Maynor who was a great from-the-bench guy before of his injury, doubt that OKC misses Harden (or at least too much). Still cant see what is the role of Perkins aside from giving rebounds to the opponents.

Gotta agree with Kerr Soze, Billups is definitely a factor and CP3 is always great, however Z-Bo and Gasol SHOULD dominate the inside AT LEAST in Memphis

Lakers without Steve Blake now, this is gonna get ugly

Westbrook had to get surgery on his knee after game 2 after all, I just got back into town but everyone I know is crying about it on facebook. He's probably out for the rest of the playoffs. RIP yung nigga

OKC better without Harden is a tricky question lol. Harden's more of a playmaker and ballhandler than K Mart but Martin spaces the floor out so much that it helps open up different opportunities for the rest of the team. Harden/Martin are different kinds of players and I think the main reason OKC still looks as good as they do was because Durant and Westbrook were all having even better seasons this year than they were having last year. In the long run, it's always better to keep the kind of young talent like Harden's on your team but it's a small market team and it just ain't happenin here.

I haven't heard anyone talk about Maynor since he got traded, but I liked him a lot a few years ago but after that knee injury he had he just couldn't get it together. I forget where he's at now but he hasn't been in OKC for awhile now.

Thread Information