User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1v1 Server Question

I started a server to play 1v1 on, as I really enjoy this style, but I suck immensely. When I play a bot I can move and shoot no problem. When another player hops in I can barely move and can't hit anything. For example I had 38 ping and the new player had 180 ping. It's a newnet server and they seemed to have zero lag while I had a lot! I set up my server so I can play in Behindview 1 mode for practicing, and sure enough my skin wasn't dodging while double tapping. On Deck 16 I kept falling in the acid when I dodged to the belt. My tickrate is 65 and my netspeed is 7500. Any ideas? Thanks!

i think netspeed 7500 dont work fine with newnet. Try 20k

I think all your problems you've posted come from the fact you have 7500 netspeed(?)
    Or when playing on servers you have 20000?
    Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~D4RR3N~~ View Post
    I think all your problems you've posted come from the fact you have 7500 netspeed(?)
    Or when playing on servers you have 20000?
    Hi D4RR3N,
    I try different netspeeds all the time. For every article I've read about 20000 netspeed there is one for having 4500 netspeed. So I just kinda play in the middle (7500-10000), since I generally just play in DM matches. Maybe, 1v1 needs to have 20000 and both players need the same netspeed? Could that be the reason? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    I try different netspeeds all the time. For every article I've read about 20000 netspeed there is one for having 4500 netspeed. So I just kinda play in the middle (7500-10000), since I generally just play in DM matches. Maybe, 1v1 needs to have 20000 and both players need the same netspeed? Could that be the reason? Thanks
    Well I think you should stick to one netspeed. The used generally is always 20000, which is the one that works 100% fine with newnet, as for both players needing the same netspeed, that I'm not so sure if that's the reason, but for sure try to stick with 20000 netspeed (Unless it gives you trouble, needless to say)
    You're playing a game that came out in 1999 in the year 2012 who is the fucking nerd here?
    All of us. Enjoy.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Lol newnet is designed for 20000 netspeed anything below that is below the required sstandard. Normal ut 10000 to 15000 netspeed is what you want if its not newnet. Lastly why do you have your netspeed so low? Is it to limit frames or limit packet loss? Or do you not even know?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    Lol newnet is designed for 20000 netspeed anything below that is below the required sstandard. Normal ut 10000 to 15000 netspeed is what you want if its not newnet. Lastly why do you have your netspeed so low? Is it to limit frames or limit packet loss? Or do you not even know?
    I'll move it back to 20000. If you had the connection issues I've had the last 7 years you would try anything to make the game run smoother. God, last month I tried a GTX960 card and Asus 144hz monitor to see if it helped. It looked better but it was still laggy as ........

wtf i hate being poor these dudes come like ugh i have lag lemme just buy a new video card and monitor wtfffffff

kill me `pklsss
    All of us. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ~~D4RR3N~~ View Post
    wtf i hate being poor these dudes come like ugh i have lag lemme just buy a new video card and monitor wtfffffff

kill me `pklsss

I have literally tried everything to make UT99 work and it doesn't. For years I wanted to know if a new card and monitor would help. They didn't, so I returned them. Quite honestly I was relieved (wasn't a hardware issue)and got my money back. (14 day return policy from Canada Computers). Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone knew why a 1v1 server would get laggy when someone else joined.

As for D4RR3N, keep up the good work. UT was running low on assholes and you stepped up your game. Good stuff!!!

What art of my comment was asshole? rofl
    All of us. Enjoy.

Thread Information