User Tag List

Fanta's Appeal/Excuse

TLDR; Got banned, excusing for my mistake, unknowlegde of rules and asking for an unban.

Hello, players and admins of the Unreal Killers community.

I recently started to play on your UK / US iCTF servers.
    As an old player that started playing Unreal Tournament around 2000, first being forced (yeah, litteraly) to play Unreal Tournament as a little kid.
    First starting out playing Single Player and then went over to playing Last Man Standing.
    This was the only mode i played for alot of years, (except playing Bunny Track for alot of years) while the game was still populated in that kind of category (Last Man Standing)
    nowadays dead, only CTF, BT and Deathmatch being played the most nowadays.

As practiced to shoot and kill to surive without any kind of objective than winning, there wasn't any kind of rules,
    besides the common rules, don't be a asshole, dont spawnkill, dont kill people that was chatting with people (type-kill) early 2002 rules.
    Until now I found a interest in playing iCTF just playing it a couple of times in the past couple of years, i found myself banned from your servers.

One day when I played I got banned for "backshooting", I probably got warned for it of some of your admins while I was playing that time,
    without noticing, yes, I am pretty focused while shooting plus the noice of people getting kill-streaks and auto-taunts that there was a chance,
    I missed the audio of someone warning me in the chat, if there was one. (Dont find me insulting you admins, as an old administartor of a popular
    Counter-Strike 1.6 server back in the days, I found myself aswell tired of rulebreakers.

As a "newbie" on CTF (barely playing it in all the years I've been playing UT,) I am unfamiliar of the rules.
    For one thing I am sure of is that the objective is to take the flag, and defend the base from the opposite team.

Now to the reason of my ban 'Backshooting', I'd like to know the exact meaning of this rule.
    Is backshooting, when you're chasing someone going for your flag, meaning shooting him/her in the back,
    or is it if you're fighting someone in the middle of the map, getting shots against you and turning to shot him to survive,
    or is it when you meet someone, you both focus to get to the opposite flag, and you do a cheeky turn back, aim,
    focus 2 seconds, then to kill him/her when the guy is about to focus on the primary goal to capture the flag,
    or am I just cofunsed?

As a player that is not that into CTF, Backshooting doesn't say that much, except that if a persons back is against you,
    you're not allowed to shoot that person even IF he/her got the flag.

I searched Google about "Backshooting UT99" And the only results I got is this forum people appealing for unbans (Hey I am here)
    I also checked around your forums for rules, but I couldn't find it.
    You maybe have an auto-advertise when joining the server, and then I've been missing it (my fault in that case).

Now to the matters in-case.

I'd like to apologise to the players being killed by me because of me not knowing the rules, if that was a game-changer,
    apologize to the admins that was warning me and me being ignorant not see it (in that case, I promise, not seeing it, being focused)

This isn't a rant about being false-accused. I admit it, I've must be doing something wrong, hence the ban.

If someone would be willing to tell me the EXACT meaning of 'backshooting' I would like to know it, so I can be playing as expected, within the range of the rules.

I don't know if this is a permanent ban, as it just says 'banned' and not 'permbanned for backshooting' I'd like to know, so I can play as expected,
    and still enjoy this game.

And as last, don't think this long post / detailed post is my way to get 'unbanned', if you'd like to keep me banned for my first mistake / ban, I respect it.

I just ask as a person that still love the best game in the world like you, and still want it to keep running.

And thanks for the joy that you've bringed me as I've never been a CTF-player until now .

Sorry for any incorrect grammatic / misspelled words, I am an Swede, therafore English is my secondary language .

/FanTa^

If someone would be willing to tell me the EXACT meaning of 'backshooting' I would like to know it, so I can be playing as expected, within the range of the rules. = if you turn around and shooting them without covering is backshooting and yeah me and fleecy played with you and i saw you did it many time even got complains about you ..

read these rules
    http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthr...INSTAGIB-RULES

- - - Updated - - -

Now to the reason of my ban 'Backshooting', I'd like to know the exact meaning of this rule.
    Is backshooting, when you're chasing someone going for your flag, meaning shooting him/her in the back,
    or is it if you're fighting someone in the middle of the map, getting shots against you and turning to shot him to survive,
    or is it when you meet someone, you both focus to get to the opposite flag, and you do a cheeky turn back, aim,
    focus 2 seconds, then to kill him/her when the guy is about to focus on the primary goal to capture the flag,
    or am I just cofunsed?

explained good your self

Thanks for the feedback, and explaining the rule. I've read the rules now and understand them. I can see why i got banned, as I've been playing like that.

I'd like to know how long the ban is?

Thanks

@Fanta your ban was originally set to expire in 4 days, but it's now been removed and you should be able to play next time the servers change maps.

gl & hf

Thanky you alot

Thread Information