User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Discord Bot Help

Anyone set up a discord bot and wrote the code themselves? I tried to last night and got through all the errors but this one https://gyazo.com/4295aa7dae925f909b455089ef47ef37
    I do not know what I have done wrong but would greatly appreciate the help, or if anyone can link me a discussion on errors that would be great as I cannot seem to find any.

@seabass I think

In the meantime
    1. Is the output path correct? (Project > Properties > Build > Output path)
    2. Menu to Build > Configuration Manager, and check if your main/entry project has checked Build. If not, check it.
    Last edited by SAM; 08-05-2017 at 09:14 AM.

There are a few discussions on this on stackoverflow

It's definitely my build pathway that is wrong but I can not seem the right folders that have you have posted @SAM hmmm I wonder if I am just looking too hard to fix the problem when it is right in front of my face or I did something wrong before hand and I just need to fix it.

I don't have a computer ATM so someone else will have to give you the correct mate. That was just from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    I don't have a computer ATM so someone else will have to give you the correct mate. That was just from memory.
    Well thanks for trying I appreciate it

I'm not familiar with Visual Studio or .Net, but it says right there that your build is failing in your Build Output. If your build is failing, then your debug target won't exist. You've got to get it to build first, then you can start debugging!
    The VS compiler gives you 3 errors with error codes you can look up. Here's Microsoft's documentation for the first error code (for the error in your Program.cs file) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...rp/misc/cs0118
    Last edited by seabass; 08-05-2017 at 08:28 PM.

hmm so i gotta figure out where my pathways are missing for my output? (lol sorry i havent been sleeping well i feel retarded, and I am new to this just wanted to experiment with the discord app)

No worries
    Your project settings could be fine, but you have a compiler error, meaning that there are errors in your code that causes the build to fail. This means that Visual Studio is not outputting the executable that it needs to debug your program. That's the reason why it can't find the debug target.
    If you read the compiler output at the bottom, you can see that it says "Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed", and above that the compiler tells you where in your code (in Program.cs and MyBot.cs) it found errors. Once you have corrected them, it will probably run just fine!

thank you so much now i just gotta figure out why it's wrong
    Last edited by SuperHex; 08-05-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Thread Information