download problems in diffrent maps.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

download problems in diffrent maps.

this one was in BlackRiver IV, and we got one on the chillin map also..
    maybe someone can look after it

thx

greetz Gos

I had this in chillin as many others, I deleted files blaze told me to do but still couldn't get in.. Very annoying

That's because the redirect and the server are polluted.
    This goes back to MonsterHunt, where someone uploaded a Dusk.umx that doesn't match the one from the original Unreal CD.

When @SAM uploaded the SiegeRestart map, a lot of ppl had a Unreal4.umx mismatch as well, a polluted file, but we eventually forced everyone to use the Unreal CD version.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

The servers are using S3TC textures so this shouldn't be a problem. I will check again tonight.

I think this started around the time XC_IPDRV was introduced.

XC_IpDrv is a low level WinSock handler and Unreal connection maker.
    The entire code that does package verification does not belong to it, or XC_Engine.

Maybe the problem is that the new server is using the original Unreal CD files?
    You could try firewalling the redirect and force the server to send you the file directly... you'd need some technical skills to do that though.

@SAM send me Dusk.umx on the VDS server.

Btw since you have a VDS... you could have all UT servers use shared resource files to improve load times.
    I proposed this idea to Schwarz in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

BTW SAM, the whole problem can be solved by applying the same fix I applied to Credits.utx, a small bytehack to force the server to not send the file.
    So, you put a bytehacked Dusk.umx on the server, and any garbage on the redirect (i'd totally put the original Unreal CD version) and anyone with either original or polluted files will be able to join.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

There's a 'template' that the server uses and its all using the stock UT textures. There's also a script which attempts to 'fix' things if the server is down for a prolonged period. It's all referring to standard textures bundled with the game and none of the bonus packs. I'll be home soon so will be checking in on this.

There's no need to firewall the redirect at all. Could just set AllowDownloads=True and leave the redirect field empty. Practically same thing.

I could use one textures, sounds and music folder. The problem is, it seems some of the mappers in BT weren't very competent. Created a lot of duplicate named content.
    Last edited by SAM; 02-04-2016 at 02:59 PM.

Siege and BT should now be fixed. I'll carry on working with Insta US, UK and Combo.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Siege and BT should now be fixed. I'll carry on working with Insta US, UK and Combo.
    it still doenst work on blackriver IV. Dusk file cant be downloaded.

greetz Gos

The easiest solution would be to delete the version you have. I uploaded the full texture, sounds and music pack from the old servers. We've been using those files for years. Did you download a new UT whilst we were moving at all?

I asked you on the group to send me the file you have.

Thread Information