User Tag List

Am I banned? Help appreciated

Hi everyone,
    I used to play a lot on the Instagib servers, but then one day, over a year ago, I could no longer join Instagib US or UK. (But I can still join ComboInstagib).

I searched around this forum and saw that most people who are banned get a window that pops up telling them why they are banned, but that doesn't happen with me. It just immediately says "Connection Failed; Rejected by server" whenever I try to join. So I don't even know for sure that I'm banned. At the time I just assumed I had made someone mad and that I would be able to play again if I waited for a while, but now that it has been more than a year, I'm wondering if I'm permanently banned or if there is something wrong with my UT install. I play on UT for Mac OSX, which can be buggy sometimes. (for instance, if I type !o in a game, nothing happens).

I used to go by the name Base_is_Uncovered. This is me:
    Unreal Tournament Stats - Powered by UTStats

But I also used to play with other names too, so if I was banned, I can't be certain what my name was at the time.

If anyone can offer any advice, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance!

As i told you, this isn t a ban problem but as @Higor told me, this is a technical issue, u must post to technical problem ' Technical Problems )part of forum but maybe someone can help you here . Good luck
    Jst2b
    @TimTim @~V~ @Moskva@Chamberly?
    He is a Mac user...

PS . can we move this post to technical problem
    Last edited by Jst2blond; 09-08-2014 at 06:16 PM.
    Blond's copyrighted

Moved
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Do you get any messages in your console after disconnect? Let me know your latest nickname and I'll check the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Do you get any messages in your console after disconnect? Let me know your latest nickname and I'll check the problem.
    he plays as PENS on combogib, i have create a thread about him and you now where, he also got a fail connection message
    Blond's copyrighted

Current Mac's are based on linux kernels?
    I'm not too familiar with X86 Mac OS
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Current Mac's are based on linux kernels?
    I'm not too familiar with X86 Mac OS
    Mac OSX is unix, so very nearly the same.

Really we should unset the kick on ACE bypass until anth releases something with mac/*nix support.
    http://www.unrealize.co.uk for XConsole, ServerLog, StealthAdmin and other Unreal Tournament mods.

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Hi SAM,

Do you mean when I try to connect? There is nothing posted to the console. The experience is similar to when you try to join a server as a spectator that is already full of spectators. It fails very quickly.
    As Jst2blond said, I've been playing on Combogib using the name pens.
    I looked around for a more recent version of UT for OSX and found on here, which I installed today:
    Downloads -

But it seems no different from my previous install. Same glitches in the graphics, etc.

I'm actually playing on an older mac, a PPC G5, running osx 10.5.8 (the most recent version that will run on non-intel macs). Up until this point I've avoided using boot camp or wine, but I might try a different setup, which could potentially fix things. Are there any other folks around here playing on a mac?

Thanks for the responses, everyone.

Thread Information