User Tag List

Excessive ban (Not an appeal)

Too lazy to post the screenshot because this supposed offense doesnt deserve much of my time, but worse, the punishment (per uK's policy) doesnt fit the crime.

As it happens I was playing with Telenetwork. I was seeing which tele went to which other. I found 2 in the same room and went through them in a loop 'a few times' because I think its fun! Anyway. They were not close together. I had to walk approx 5-6 steps to get to the starting tele. Specifically they were on opposite sides of that space between the 2 entrances on Aleria. Obviously they were nowhere near close enough to crash the server.

I can see where if the teles are very close, then (just maybe), it could cause a server crash. I been playing here almost daily for years. I have never once seen a telenetwork crash happen. Ever.

As far as I'm concerned the telenetwork/crash thing is urban myth and/or an excuse on the go-to list of excuses the admins use here. lol

At the time of the ban, this was the message:

Reason: ---
    Period: 3 matches (initially)
    Banning admin: --- (blank as usual)

My response? > A ban with no warning? (again) - 3 matches? Other than zero warning, doesn't sound as unreasonable as it could be. BBL..

__________________________________________________ __________

I come back much later and there are new messages:

Reason: trying to crash the server
    Period: 374 games (When I saw the ban popup)

First of all. How the hell long is 374 games? A game could last 20 minutes or 2-3 hours. So you guys either banned me for a few days or a few weeks. You just dont know! lol

Dont be too lazy to use a warning. They work. If the admin who banned me would have warned me, I would have stopped whatever was pissing Fleece off.

While I'm at it, admins don't be too lazy to calculate and enter a specific amount of time for each kick/ban. 24 hours? 48 hours? 30 days? I have been an admin on 2 servers and If i can do it, anyone can do it.

Why is a manditory warning popup not required of admins here? I've always used a Warning before a ban. A warning gives offender(s) a chance to correct themselves (without altering the game or teams), an immediate ban does not.

Anyway. 300+ matches for zero intent of crashing the server seems unreasonable. But then again I have seen worse receive little or no punishment here. [/rant]

Have a good day!
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by (bO.o)b View Post
    Too lazy to post the screenshot because this supposed offense doesnt deserve much of my time, but worse, the punishment (per uK's policy) doesnt fit the crime.

As it happens I was playing with Telenetwork. I was seeing which tele went to which other. I found 2 in the same room and went through them in a loop 'a few times' because I think its fun! Anyway. They were not close together. I had to walk approx 5-6 steps to get to the starting tele. Specifically they were on opposite sides of that space between the 2 entrances on Aleria. Obviously they were nowhere near close enough to crash the server.

I can see where if the teles are very close, then (just maybe), it could cause a server crash. I been playing here almost daily for years. I have never once seen a telenetwork crash happen. Ever.

As far as I'm concerned the telenetwork/crash thing is urban myth and/or an excuse on the go-to list of excuses the admins use here. lol

At the time of the ban, this was the message:

Reason: ---
    Period: 3 matches (initially)

My response? > A ban with no warning? (again) - 3 matches? Other than zero warning, doesn't sound as unreasonable as it could be. BBL..

__________________________________________________ __________

I come back much later and there are new messages:

Reason: trying to crash the server
    Period: 374 games (When I saw the ban popup)

First of all. How the hell long is 374 games? A game could last 20 minutes or 2-3 hours. So you guys either banned me for a few days or a few weeks. You just dont know! lol

Dont be too lazy to use a warning. They work. If the admin who banned me would have warned me, I would have stopped whatever was pissing Fleece off.

While I'm at it, admins don't be too lazy to calculate and enter a specific amount of time for each kick/ban. 24 hours? 48 hours? 30 days? I have been an admin on 2 servers and If i can do it, anyone can do it.

Why is a manditory warning popup not required of admins here? I've always used a Warning before a ban. A warning gives offender(s) a chance to correct themselves (without altering the game or teams), an immediate ban does not.

Anyway. 300+ matches for zero intent of crashing the server seems unreasonable. But then again I have seen worse receive little or no punishment here. [/rant]

Have a good day!

Okbye (ban is gone)

p.s " the punishment (per uK's policy) doesnt fit the crime." doesnt apply to everyone.
    Last edited by |uK|fleecey; 01-08-2018 at 05:44 PM.

I think you need to think about intent. Regardless or how well you may think we know you as a player, we never really know what the intent behind anything is.....

Thank you!

SAM this is one of the last ut99 servers with a reliable amount of people playing, so I have no intent of harming the server. I have maps in the works for this server too. I like creating for the community even if some of them dont like my work.

Fleece, I will make a personal promise to uK staff not to use the Telenetwork thing for anything other than it's intended purpose.
    I Didn't 'Make' NIVEN, I Just Made It Last Forever.

Thread Information