User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Igna using illegal timer?

Here's a clip of it...the part where he times the shield belt to the millisecond is near the end of this clip, but I posted more so you could see that Igna missed the 2 previous shield belts because he was preoccupied elsewhere...he didn't even see when the previous 2 were picked up... so timing this next upcoming one to within 5 seconds would have been very difficult, but timing it to the millisecond as he does would be impossible without an illegal timer.

He goes to tele frag the blue guy lol. getting the sheild belt like that was probably just luck.

He's circling belt area for a good minute, is that considered sup spam?

hahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahaahhahahahahahahahahah ahahahaahahhaahhahaahahahahahahahaha

lol, sup spam is in siege dude. It's more like hogging, doesn't come fair to both teams. The illegal timer could possibly be a egg timer sat next to comp, i don't think there is any problem with timing armor pick-ups. If hes doing it on every map then you have a problem to whine about, fail thread.

Quote Originally Posted by audiosonic View Post
    He's circling belt area for a good minute, is that considered sup spam?
    He actually is only circling the area for about 10 seconds...but circling it for a short time doesn't negate the fact that he timed it PERFECTLY (to the millisecond) without being able to know (without a hack) when it would pop. I mean after all, using an illegal timer will tell you to get into the area before it pops.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    He goes to tele frag the blue guy lol. getting the sheild belt like that was probably just luck.
    I guess I cut the video too short...about 1 second after I cut it off I said "Nice timer Igna", to which he replies "timing is easy".

Had he not been trying for the belt he would have used your excuse of trying to tele the blue guy, but instead he admits he was trying for the belt. I can post the extra video of that if it's necessary, or admins can get the chat logs for that.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|MeNTaL^ View Post
    The illegal timer could possibly be a egg timer sat next to comp, i don't think there is any problem with timing armor pick-ups. If hes doing it on every map then you have a problem to whine about, fail thread.
    If he was using an egg timer he would have needed to know the last time the belt was picked up to be able to time...heck for any legal timer he would have to know the last time the belt was picked up...but as I already mentioned he missed the previous 2 belts and didn't even see them picked up so he had no way of knowing when this one would pop...but as you can see from the video he knew to the exact millisecond. That's an illegal timer.

This seems appropriate for this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    This seems appropriate for this thread.
    So let me get this straight...the 1 and only excuse you could give to try and defend Igna was proven to not be the case so you come back with an attempted insult instead?

You have anything else other than personal attacks?

Define 'Illegal' timer.

The server doesn't send when the Shield Belt respawns, that's due to UT's replication system, you may still hear the pickup at a short distance, or see a player with a brand new shieldbelt running around.
    This means it'd be based on condition based analysis, and the only tool that I know that can do that is the human person behind the keyboard.

Had he 'seen' the pickups, then timer usage may have been a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Define 'Illegal' timer.

The server doesn't send when the Shield Belt respawns, that's due to UT's replication system, you may still hear the pickup at a short distance, or see a player with a brand new shieldbelt running around.
    This means it'd be based on condition based analysis, and the only tool that I know that can do that is the human person behind the keyboard.

Had he 'seen' the pickups, then timer usage may have been a reason.
    I've seen hacks that know when something is about to respawn...I've seen it first hand years ago, so I know there are hacks that can tell you when something is going to respawn. So there are illegal timers.

Now, as to hearing the pickup a short distance away...I've already mentioned how he missed the previous 2 belts and was no where near it because he was pre-occupied, so that's out, and seeing someone with a "brand new shieldbelt" ...well all you will see is someone "with a shieldbelt", you have no way of knowing how long they have had it for...so for the condition based analysis by a human person behind the keyboard, not possible in this instance.

Add all that into the fact that he times it perfectly to the millisecond ... circling for a short time is irrelevant as it's not the same as trying for the belt and getting it at the exact moment it spawns, he knows it's about to spawn so instead of running around in other areas and missing it he circles the area, then he gets ready on the box and just before it spawns he tele's over to pick it up the very moment it spawns! Add all of it together and it's the clearest case of a use of a hack that you are going to get without server protection (ACE or whatever) picking it up.

Thread Information