User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dem` View Post
    everybody knows that shieldbelt spawns every 55 seconds
    oh really? nice to know ty

Quote Originally Posted by Higor View Post
    Replication:
    The server will only give you the ShieldBelt, pickup sound, respawn event if those are considered relevant for your player.
    If the shieldbelt spawns and you're away from it, then your client doesn't get that information.
    Just a guess, but does the player that is *wearing the belt* give the information needed for the timers? Players are always relevant, regardless of where they are in the map, and I believe that includes whether they are wearing a belt or not. The timer could simply notice when a player adds something to their Inventory list (like a shieldbelt or any other powerup).

Igna doesn't cheat..this whole thread is silly :/ he camped the belt until it spawned and just happened to walk over it at the right time. it happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    If you are looking to get someone banned based on circumstantial evidence, you should come up with more than just one incident.
    Nice, turn the tables around and blame me instead. This has always been a great tactic! I'm just trying to get someone banned right! Sheesh!

If you had played CTF at a competitive level you would know it's no rocket science to guess the belt timing, even if missed twice and you would have experienced situations like the one in the video yourself countless of times. Given that he missed the belt twice, I'd give it a tolerance of -+ 2 seconds.
    If I had played CTF at a competitive level? Again another nice tactic of blaming me instead! I mean after all, playing in PG ladder matches back when this game still had ten's of thousands if not hundred's of thousands of players couldn't possibly be competitive! And of course there is no way I played pug's back then either right? Even if I were to say I did you would simply ignore that and come back with more of this "you can't know what you are talking about" crap "because you never played at that level before". Back then I used to play with the ProU community...but I guess no one back then could have any "real" skill right?

If you are judging what I say based on my skill level, maybe you should keep in mind that I'm not half the player today I was 10 years ago. To say I was twice as good then as I am now would not be an exageration! Why is that? Well I'm in my mid 40's now, and my hand/eye coordination is not what it used to be, my reflexes are slower, my eyesight isn't as good as it once was (I should have reading glasses to read stuff..but I don't), plus after a 7 year break from the game I lost my configured UT files (configured the way I like them...and I can't be bothered to spend the hours it would take to find the information on configuring my UT and my User files to best play like I did back then), and I have a different computer setup. It just doesn't play the same.

On top of that, I don't belive your video supports your claim at all. The fact that he circled around the area way earlier and even translocated on to the belt spawn point 3 times prior doesn't support your theory.
    Now you are making the argument that someone using an illegal timer would not circle an area and make a few pretend jumps to the respawn point when they know it won't be there. You are either extremely naive or have no clue about what cheaters would do, or are trying to make up an argument to defend a cheater. The fact that he circled around the area way earlier and even translocated on to the belt spawn point 3 times simply means that if he has an illegal timer he didn't want to make it obvious (after using cheats for a short while it becomes second nature to do this sort of thing without thinking). Just like someone using an aimbot will turn it on and off to hide their cheat, someone with a timer will oftentimes circle an area shortly before a respawn

He might very well be using a cheat but this video doesn't support your claim at all.
    Well, the replies I've gotten in this thread and the "type" of replies I've gotten tell me everything I need to know about all of you, and tell me everything I need to know about the UK servers!

This guy reminds me of aven from globalunreal.

I dont know what you have learned from the replies here, but the fact of the matter is, we do not run by the policy "guilty until proven innocent".
    The video you have posted and the arguments you have made are simply circumstantial and do not prove beyond doubt that igna is cheating.
    Now, agreed that a timer cheat is not like an aimbot or wall hack, and is not that easy to prove. Having said that, the people you see playing here or responding to this thread, are not those who took a 7 year break. They have been pretty much playing this game for the last 11-13 years on and off, or regularly and have been doing it at a highly competitive level. Timing powerups is one of the simplest things to do in n/w ctf and even simpler if its an old and abused map.
    I recommend you either gather more evidence (yes you, since none of us are convinced he is cheating but you seem to be absolutely certain) and present them to us. If this does not satisfy your need, and you feel the need to quit UT again or uK servers for another 7 years, we wont stop you.
    We have been here for years and have successfully kept our servers as clean as possible with a team of great admins and moderators who know what they are doing. Sarcasm and condescension will not get you anywhere.
    And last but not the least. If someone disagrees with you or points out the obvious flaws in your logic, that does not mean we are "turning the tables and blaming you". You either are man enough to accept that the evidence is not enough and gather more, or you let it go. Dont make this into something it is not.

wtf man, its too easy, i always did it when i played DM

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    You are either extremely naive
    I can vouch for that, chis is a bitch.
    Last edited by |uK|MeNTaL^; 09-11-2013 at 07:24 PM.

@Famine
    I am really baffled by your need to persuade us how you were the real deal back in the days. I don't know if you have something to compensate for but this is not the topic for it.
    Fact of the matter is: your video shows nothing extraordinary. It happened all the time to me and as the thread shows, to a lot of other players too.

Just kidding. You actually caught us. We are all a bunch of cheaters who are trying to cover up for igna.

Bash someone's name with that as evidence?

:miserable::miserable:

Thread Information