UT99 - Hardcore frags and High-speed gameplay - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    wtf did i just watch.

I don't understand how people like it, I just want to slit my wrists within 5 minutes of playing. I don't even know why I have it installed any more, It's just a waste of hard drive space atm.
    ye , exactly the same here, still I don't have it installed anymore - trial period of this new version is over for me - back to the basics hyhy
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by RTG` View Post
    Don't know what jukebox means, but the music in the background is played while I was playing UT. I listen to music all the time when I play UT, but if I play with someone on my level or someone even stronger I sometimes turn off the music to concentrate hard on the match. There is a 1v1 and TDM server that is well populated through the whole day so i play sometimes there. Tho I barely find any strong players to duel ever since the launch of UT4.

(btw UT4 is awesome!)
    so you just play a music playlist and then turn on ut99? o.o
    █████████ Loading Hax 99%
    C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\

Quote Originally Posted by UT-Sniper-SJA94 View Post
    I don't understand how people like it, I just want to slit my wrists within 5 minutes of playing. I don't even know why I have it installed any more, It's just a waste of hard drive space atm.
    Now.. Now.. Lets talk about it.

For me personally UT4 was a huge downgrade in my skill, speed and gameplay.. It completely killed my style of play, which hugely relies on speed. When I move it feels like I'm a big slug that struggles to jump, but that is because my skill is all based on UT99. UT4 is NOT UT99 so you should treat is as a new game and gradually adapt to its style. UT99 is a hard game to control imo, its a very pure and very precise game that requires you to be in 100% shape to play with no mistakes. For example if I haven't played UT99 in a week and try it out after, my skill drops a lot to the point where I can barely dodge right. Just know that UT99 is not very friendly with some people that aren't very good in general, because it really does require too much precision and lots of tryharding which is not in favor for their abilities.. and I think that's not very fair! UT4 however has a very simplified gameplay that doesn't require that much tryharding as UT99 and its a very friendly game for new players too. I can play it with no shape loss even if I had a tiring day.

You guys sound like and old man that denies to learn new technology.. "ohh how good it was in the old days with UT99, what is this new UT4?? sorry I prefer to be stuck in my old generation and rot" ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordRixuel View Post
    so you just play a music playlist and then turn on ut99? o.o
    Yes... amazing o.o

I don't play UT4 because the mouse input is garbage, and the hit detection for hit scan weapons is the biggest pile of shit I've ever seen.

I don't play UT99 because I'm sick of fixing one problem for there to be another 10 problems after.

Quote Originally Posted by RTG` View Post
    Now.. Now.. Lets talk about it.

For me personally UT4 was a huge downgrade in my skill, speed and gameplay.. It completely killed my style of play, which hugely relies on speed. When I move it feels like I'm a big slug that struggles to jump, but that is because my skill is all based on UT99. UT4 is NOT UT99 so you should treat is as a new game and gradually adapt to its style. UT99 is a hard game to control imo, its a very pure and very precise game that requires you to be in 100% shape to play with no mistakes. For example if I haven't played UT99 in a week and try it out after, my skill drops a lot to the point where I can barely dodge right. Just know that UT99 is not very friendly with some people that aren't very good in general, because it really does require too much precision and lots of tryharding which is not in favor for their abilities.. and I think that's not very fair! UT4 however has a very simplified gameplay that doesn't require that much tryharding as UT99 and its a very friendly game for new players too. I can play it with no shape loss even if I had a tiring day.

You guys sound like and old man that denies to learn new technology.. "ohh how good it was in the old days with UT99, what is this new UT4?? sorry I prefer to be stuck in my old generation and rot" ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Yes... amazing o.o
    would be nice having some kind of music playlist mod in ut99 and changing songs whenever you want while in fullscreen mode o.o

I play UT4 too, I like it and I like the character models too, it's not fat like UT2004 and UT3 lol

Only thing I don't like about UT4 is the huge download size when playing a map made by players... my skills in ut99 kinda help me too in ut4. Things I like about ut99 is because game starts fast, less laggy since graphic is old lol. I like the movement in ut99, it's fast, no tiny delays. You know what is in the folders.

how old are you @LordRixuel?
    Last edited by |uK|kenneth; 05-10-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    soma - a happiness drug in Aldous Huxley's 'Brave New World'

Quote Originally Posted by soma View Post
    how old are you @LordRixuel?
    26 and you? :3

thought you were younger based on how you act lol

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    thought you were younger based on how you act lol
    my body might age, but my mind is immortal >=D

I thought you were younger, you seemed too happy.

Thread Information