Ban for no reason - Page 11

User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thank you CCC for replying! Now I can post my second part.

I didn't realise Jesus was a God. Please point out in your bible where he states that he is indeed a God and someone you should worship
    A reading of the Gospel would show this to be so. Have you ever read the scriptures SAM? There are many instances where Jesus spoke of his divinity, but other instances we should pay equal - or even closer - attention to. I'll come to

those a bit later.

Jesus did not claim to be "a" god, he claimed to BE God. Christianity is monotheistic: it affirms that there is one God. Jesus spoke of this when he was asked by someone "which is the greatest commandment?" and he replied "Hear, O

Israel; The Lord our God is one" (Mark 12:29).

The Bible speaks of the three persons of God - God the father, God the son, and God the spirit (this has come to be known as the "trinity" of God). One spirit, three expressions of that same spirit.

I want to start by quoting something C.S. Lewis once said:

I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God. That is the one thing we must not say. A man

who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make

your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us

not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. ... Now it seems to me obvious that He was neither a lunatic nor a fiend: and consequently, however

strange or terrifying or unlikely it may seem, I have to accept the view that He was and is God
    So let's look at a few examples of instances where Jesus made this claim about himself. This won't be an exhaustive list by any means, but they are cases that I can think of from my own studies of the New Testament books. The order

probably won't be Chronological either, but I don't think that matters particularly.

John 13:18-21

I am not saying these things to all of you; I know the ones I have chosen. But this fulfills the Scripture that says, ‘The one who eats my food has turned against me. I tell you this beforehand, so that when it happens you will believe

that I Am the Messiah. I tell you the truth, anyone who welcomes my messenger is welcoming me, and anyone who welcomes me is welcoming the Father who sent me.
    This is a very significant passage. Jesus tells his disciples plainly that he is the Messiah.

But, as importantly, the capitalisation of "I AM" is not incidental. In the book of Exodus chapter 3 verse 13 Moses asked God: "If I go to the people of Israel and tell them, ‘The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,’ they will ask

me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what should I tell them?"

God's reply was: "Say this to the people of Israel: I AM has sent me to you."

God is who God is. It's difficult to encapsulate everything that that implies more succinctly than this. By using these very specifically chosen words, Jesus was telling them that he is God.

A little further down in the same chapter (verse 31) of the book of John, Jesus says:

"The time has come for the Son of Man to enter into his glory, and God will be glorified because of him. And since God receives glory because of the Son, he will soon give glory to the Son."
    God gave glory to Jesus.

Further to this in an earlier passage of John, chapter 5 verses 22-24:
    "In addition, the Father judges no one. Instead, he has given the Son absolute authority to judge, so that everyone will honor the Son, just as they honor the Father."
    Christ says that he is due the worship reserved only for God.

Another record of his claim to be God. Matthew chapter 16 verses 13-17:
    "When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”

“Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets.”

Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”

Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being
    Again in Mark chapter 14 verses 61-63:

But Jesus was silent and made no reply. Then the high priest asked him, “Are you the Messiah, the Son of the Blessed One?”

Jesus said, “I AM. And you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God’s right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven."
    Note the implicit and explicit wording in Jesus' response.

See also John chapter 8 verses 23-30:

Jesus continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You belong to this world; I do not. That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am who I claim to be,e you will die in your sins.”

“Who are you?” they demanded.

Jesus replied, “The one I have always claimed to be. I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won’t. For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful.” But they still didn’t

understand that he was talking about his Father.

So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I Am he. I do nothing on my own but say only what the Father taught me. And the one who sent me is with me - he has not deserted me. For I

always do what pleases him.” Then many who heard him say these things believed in him.
    Finally also in John chapter 8, verses 57-59:

The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?”

Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!” At that point they picked up stones to throw at him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.
    Now I want to address something I postponed earlier. Jesus said in John chapter 4 verses 31-39:

If I were to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be valid. But someone else is also testifying about me, and I assure you that everything he says about me is true. In fact, you sent investigators to listen to John the

Baptist, and his testimony about me was true. Of course, I have no need of human witnesses, but I say these things so you might be saved. John was like a burning and shining lamp, and you were excited for a while about his message. But I

have a greater witness than John - my teachings and my miracles. The Father gave me these works to accomplish, and they prove that he sent me. And the Father who sent me has testified about me himself. You have never heard his voice or

seen him face to face, and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me—the one he sent to you
    And similarly in John chapter 8 verses 17-18:

Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact.b 18I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other
    So Christ told the Jewish leaders that he was speaking to that God had testified of Christ's divinity - through John the Baptist (who it was prophesied would precede the arrival of the Messiah) - and through the many miracles Christ had

performed among the Jewish people.

There were, however, some who had heard the voice of God speak to and about Christ. The first time this happened was at Jesus' baptism. Matthew chapter 3 verses 16-17:

After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy.”
    The second occasion was during the Transfiguration as written in Matthew 17 verse 5:

But even as he [the Apostle Peter] spoke, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy. Listen to him.”
    Verse after verse after verse speaks to Jesus' divinity and Godhood.

Sorry what tha fuck are u talking about? ..... If u are smart this pic say everything.

Go Away....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	2595

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	2595
    lol

This thread though....

Quote Originally Posted by darkshaihulud View Post
    Why you need a saviour
    TL;DR

In what book did God give these given lands?

Proclaiming to be God is different to say 'I am god'.

Bear in mind these scriptures were written a long time ago. Centuries. Therefore we should take into account the times and context?

In John 14:28, Jesus says, "The Father is greater than I." For many, this statement seems obvious: Jesus is not God. How can there be a greater God than God?
    Last edited by SAM; 10-06-2015 at 06:08 PM.

What did Jesus mean in saying that the Father was greater than he?

"If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us." Jesus replied, "Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father?' Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works."

This identification of Christ with God is emphatic in this chapter and throughout John. John 1:1 explains, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." In John 11:30 Christ says, "The Father and I are one." In John 14:28 we are reaching a climax. Jesus is soon to be arrested and crucified. He is reassuring the apostles about himself. Yes, they are going to see him suffer in the flesh and die, but Jesus reminds them there is more to himself than just the human. He and the Father are one. His statement is a reassurance to them, and it should be to you as well.

It's story time.. yawn

If you want to believe in fairy tales thats your problem, bringing politics, fairy tales and other petty bullshit to a video game is unheard of.
    Unban them and get this over with. Before the ancient gods of Egypt awaken and banish us to the shadow realm for ever. (/s)

spell god backwards

worship dogs

Thread Information