User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scourge

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    but I do know that in a recent game of Icepost I was threatened with being reported for switching back to the losing team on balance despite a massive difference in stats.
    Yeah this shouldn't happen, I mean if your team was losing there's nothing wrong with that
    Season ranks: MLSG - #45 Semis, MLSG II - #38 Finals, MLSG III - #34 Finals, GU.Siege - #32 5th Place, IST - #11 CHAMPION

Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
    Why can't you switch back to original team?
    It's a little like the no removing rule. Both rules exist to prevent abuse, one of other players, the other of team balance. I think they can be flawed, but the intent behind them is good.

Quote Originally Posted by jay2 View Post
    Why can't you switch back to original team?
    I'd like to say the easiest. "Complicated rule!" lol.
    With so many different strat and stat, it just numbing to be enforced to play on the team you are forced to play on by the balancer, even if the other player leave on purpose and !STP you still can't get back.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    It's a little like the no removing rule. Both rules exist to prevent abuse, one of other players, the other of team balance. I think they can be flawed, but the intent behind them is good.
    It's pointless since the team balancer doesn't even work.
    irc.globalgamers.net #codereview

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Can we use some common sense here if you were originally in the losing team got balanced to the winning team and then to the losing team again or you moved to the original team you were on because someone new came in then thats fine.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|B|aZe//. View Post
    you moved to the original team you were on because someone new came in then thats fine.
    So if that applies to moving from win to loose, loose back to win also take the same effect here^?

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    No ofc not if they go from a winning team to a losing team its more likely that teams will be eveneď out because of it. By moving back to winning team it just makes it worse, which is why a no teamswitch rule is enforced - admins/mods can override and attempt to make teams fair but usually I think its best if you just let the balancer do its job and go from there, it usually works itself out

Brain dead here. Really don't make sense against the no team switch when it's strictly no team switch by word and no additional context. Not simple prior to skill stacking.

I'm sticking to balancer only job. I'm not moving anyone. So they blame the balancer. No more homework.

There are many things which can be done-

1. Cookies system should be based on MAC ID (By balancer)
    2. If a player (old player) reconnects to server with in 2 min then that person should be allowed to go to its original team, and the new player which joined the server at time of dc of old player, that new player should b moved automatically to other team. As its just hypothetical idea but it can be done as i think Higor has much knowledge and he can make it.
    Another case is game going like team A with 4 vs team B with 5 players then 1 player named "x" from team A gets dc and immediately some one had done !t then player named "y" from team B got balanced to team A. Then if that old player (player x) connects to server in 2 min then that player should be allowed automatically to go to his original team that was team A and player "Y" should be allowed automatically to go to his original team that was team B.
    This thing can also be explained in more detail by looking at different possibilities.
    And this thing can be applied, if we really want to improve gameplay in siege.

(Old player = player playing on server more than 2 or 5 min in that particular map)
    (New player = player playing on server less than 2 or 5 min in that particular map)

Like this there are many ideas and by following them siege server can be made much good server than what currently it is.

PS: But no one gives a fuk about how things currently going in siege server.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    There are many things which can be done-

1. Cookies system should be based on MAC ID (By balancer)
    2. If a player (old player) reconnects to server with in 2 min then that person should be allowed to go to its original team, and the new player which joined the server at time of dc of old player, that new player should b moved automatically to other team. As its just hypothetical idea but it can be done as i think Higor has much knowledge and he can make it.
    Another case is game going like team A with 4 vs team B with 5 players then 1 player named "x" from team A gets dc and immediately some one had done !t then player named "y" from team B got balanced to team A. Then if that old player (player x) connects to server in 2 min then that player should be allowed automatically to go to his original team that was team A and player "Y" should be allowed automatically to go to his original team that was team B.
    This thing can also be explained in more detail by looking at different possibilities.
    And this thing can be applied, if we really want to improve gameplay in siege.

(Old player = player playing on server more than 2 or 5 min in that particular map)
    (New player = player playing on server less than 2 or 5 min in that particular map)

Like this there are many ideas and by following them siege server can be made much good server than what currently it is.

PS: But no one gives a fuk about how things currently going in siege server.
    Try code that

Thread Information