User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Killing Spree Joe_AGoodDeathmatchName's Avatar

Team Balancing While Spectating

Why are spectators allowed to interfere by balancing teams when they're not even playing?

whats the matter ? what if an admin/mod doesnt want to play but still wants to keep the server clean ??? even if not a moderator or an admin i've seen tons of times where the players are too focused playing ( w/o pointing out that most of the players in server doesnt even know what F1 works for) and they been playing 4v6 for like 20 mins which ends in losing hard and they dont even notice why. It is true that some people come to spec then balance to enter the winning team and stack the teams, but you can always report them in the forums.
    Never Lucky.

I understand. But what I have seen is teams playing for a while, a player leaves, a spectator immediately balances the teams, a player who has been on one team for 45 minutes is suddenly on the other team, then another person connects (maybe even the one who recently left), making the team-balance unnecessary, and sticking a player on a team he doesn't want to finish on. Again, I figure the players would want to control their own game more than an outsider. Can only administrators balance the teams (with "!t")?

If only admin can balance teams you would be stuck with 2v6 all day long?

balancer always moves the last player who joined, not the last in the ladder, even if that guy has been playing since the beggining, its kinda unfair but i rather be moved than play a lame 4v6

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_AGoodDeathmatchName View Post
    then another person connects (maybe even the one who recently left)
    u can always ask some mods or admins to move you back in this case, sadly these days they are afk more than usual lul
    Last edited by Shiro; 02-02-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: im dumb
    Never Lucky.

The Best There Ever Will Be! |uK|B|aZe//.'s Avatar
    Both points valid you basically answered each others questions/concerns

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_AGoodDeathmatchName View Post
    Can only administrators balance the teams (with "!t")?
    What I meant to ask was: Can only administrators balance teams from spectator mode?

All spectators can balance teams and kickidlers by :!Mutatekickidlers MODS etc as spectators can do pretty much the same they can do while playing as far as i know.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy View Post
    All spectators can balance teams and kickidlers by :!Mutatekickidlers MODS etc as spectators can do pretty much the same they can do while playing as far as i know.
    True... Anyway, Hi everyone! Its been long time m visiting forum back and also feel glad because I just got my old username/passwrd striked back on my mind before I was going to create new account.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy View Post
    All spectators can balance teams

That's, I guess, my point. Why should random spectators be allowed to mess with a game in progress? If a team feels it's stacked against (everyone is well aware of when they're being beaten handily), then THEY alone should be the ones to seek relief via "!t".

Heck, I'll take it a step further: I don't find it a good idea to allow a stacked team to balance (!t) just because they're down 2 players (that is, one player just disconnected). If the whole point of team balancing is to keep it fair and fun, then let the stacked team play as is until the next player logs on instead of screwing things up for the bottom player on the unstacked team as well as giving the stacked team its advantage back.

Then again, I don't know how the server decides when a team is stacked or whether it knows at all.

They're just my thoughts...thanks for letting me vent.

Thread Information