Who banned me for 300 matches? - Page 2

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotman View Post
    Money, why do you think talking trash or bashing on admins will help your situation? It just gives them a reason to keep the ban. Also i don't see any screenshots or demo from the victim or admin. So someone upload some freaking evidence instead of bashing.

Money who cares if someone is grabbing our not. A person can grab ten flags then so and start to DM. So those stats mean nothing in this case
    I'm not trying to bash the admin, but he is definitely wrong. I feel like its an abuse of power which is why I am putting it out in the open. I don't just grab mindlessly. I grab when there is an opening, or if I think I can handle the enemy. If I was just DMing, then I wouldn't have the most flagkills and 2nd most grabs, and solo cap. Dmers don't care about winning. I do. I made a cap, which wasn't easy. After that I defended, which wasn't easy. I managed to protect my flag by killing everyone who was approaching the flag. Sponge was trying hard to grab so he ended up dying the most....he got frustrated and banned me.

Another admin needs to review this because I think he acted out of frustration.

i saw this guy DMing on the combo gib server on a map similar to andaction, he just stayed on his side of the map just spawnkilling and everyone told him to leave. I typed !admins and said that he was Dming, guess my wish has been answered

I'm just amazed at how combogib server is still up *not saying you were laming Monkey I have no idea* but the constant laming that goes on in that server it has noobface written allover it.

·=GU II sDOM >3paco Finalist =· ·=GU saDM I Semi Finalist=· ·=GU I PBR Quarter Finalist=· ·=GU II roflnation Winner=· ·=GU III \\cG Semi Finalist=· ·=GU IV \\'. Finalist=· ·=GU V iB. Winner=· ·=OW I iCTF Finalist=· ·=ClanBase DIV3 iCTF WINNER ]eLc[=·

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zac View Post
    i saw this guy DMing on the combo gib server on a map similar to andaction, he just stayed on his side of the map just spawnkilling and everyone told him to leave. I typed !admins and said that he was Dming, guess my wish has been answered
    You definitely have me mistaken with someone else...I am not a DMer. Who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|UNrealshots View Post
    I'm just amazed at how combogib server is still up *not saying you were laming Monkey I have no idea* but the constant laming that goes on in that server it has noobface written allover it.
    Hey Unrealshots,

Yea, some people do lame, but when they do that, I try my best to make it hard for them.

I wasn't laming. I explained the entire scenario to everyone truthfully, which is why Sponge isn't rebutting anything I said. I also posted the map stats which clearly support that I wasn't DMing. I was winning.

I only had 145 frags at 14 minutes. This is roughly 170 frags by the end of the game (if it continued). I have gotten over 270 frags in the past. I see people who join the server and get 290+. 170 isn't DMing, its just natural. I am trying to be as logical as I can be about defending myself of these accusations.

If you were playing you would probably have like 100 frags on top of what I had. I bet if you played with a nickname, he would have banned you also.

I am waiting to hear any reasonable response from another admin given the evidence.

They have none they get frustrated with you they will ban for unreasonable causes.

--- Updated ---

You start killing them alot and they get mad gonna ban you for dming. You defend banned for dming have to many kills banned for dming.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    You definitely have me mistaken with someone else...I am not a DMer. Who are you?
    KOTR_IV'Zaccyboy,

Quote Originally Posted by 'Zac View Post
    KOTR_IV'Zaccyboy,
    sorry, I don't know who you are.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
    They have none they get frustrated with you they will ban for unreasonable causes.

--- Updated ---

You start killing them alot and they get mad gonna ban you for dming. You defend banned for dming have to many kills banned for dming.
    You are right Sheba. It's unfortunate that someone's frustration would cloud their judgement to such an extent though.

The problem is "killing a lot" depends on the person playing. Someone who doesn't have good aim will not be able to "kill a lot" whereas someone with semi-decent aim would be able to even though it is not his main goal. You see someone, you shoot them. Its a first person shooter after all. No? Then if you have a higher hit rate than average, then all of a sudden you are considered a DMer. Where is the line drawn between DMing and Defending? If I have the most flagkills, then am I not playing defense? Am I supposed to just wait, and walk around aimlessly until someone takes my flag before returning fire? Am I supposed to miss on purpose so that it seems like I am not "DMing"? Am I supposed to mindlessly grab because that is the only way to play CTF?

TL;DR Defense != DM. Defense is part of CTF. A Defender with good aim will come across as a DMer, but is in fact protecting the flag the best he knows how.
    Last edited by monkey; 10-09-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    I was standing on the middle platform.
    That's dming lol.
    Defending is being in your base.

Quote Originally Posted by monkey
    Should I just let them kill me, and stand in my base. No. That would be base camping.
    Camping is being in a hard to get to spot, not being in your base.

I have gotten over 270 frags in the past
    I have seen complete noobs getting frags like that, it's not hard all you need is a low ping and to walk around comboing everything instead of aiming for kills, try doing 300+ like some of the pug players can do using little to zero combos.

Someone who doesn't have good aim will not be able to "kill a lot" whereas someone with semi-decent aim would be able to even though it is not his main goal.
    It's combogib it's 99.9% spam and 0.1% aim required.

A Defender with good aim will come across as a DMer
    A good defender would not come across as a dmer, if they are they are doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheba

--- Updated ---

Since when is 40 kills in 15 minutes a lot of kills?

Trust me Sniper. If I stayed in my base it would have been "Base camping". The reason why I don't stay in the base is because it is not tactically sound on Wooting1way. People are constantly jumping down from the top where you can't see them. And if I were to stand at the top, then that would make me "hard to spot" and that would be camping. People would say things like "noob camping at the top". I am very certain if I stayed at the top to defend, then I would be banned for camping.

Being in the middle in plain sight makes sure that I can't be considered a camper. It also allows me to keep an eye on people coming from all angles of the map toward my flag.

I know there are players who can get way more than 270. I always mention this. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have seen "DeceiveD" get over 300, Dawn over 280, Jyb over 300. My point is that if I am capable of getting 270, then why not 170?

A good defender would keep a clean sheet, as I did. I had the only cap in a 1-0 game. I win most of my games because my methods are tactically sound. DMing isn't a tactically sound method, and usually doesn't lead to a high proportion of wins.

Thread Information