User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Banned for "camping"

Today Fleecey banned me for "camping". I ran up to the top of the tower on Face, and as I ran through I zoomed in, making Fleecey immediately in my crosshairs. I fired three times and killed him/her. Fleecey said I was camping. I countered this claim by stating the fact that I was only there for 3 seconds. Fleecey says sniping from the top is camping.

I call bullshit on this claim. Camping is hanging in one spot for a long duration of time. If I had been there for 20 seconds or so then I'd understand, but from what I understand staying in one spot for three seconds is NOT camping. Was I supposed to NOT shoot?

So, is Fleecey wrong? Am I wrong? Has the rule changed? Or has it always been this way? If that is camping then give me a break. IT's fucking unreal tournament. We are supposed to shoot eachother.

Anyways, I only got banned for three matches, and did call Fleecey a foul name, so I deserved it at least for that. Fair enough.

Did you have demo on? If so you can provide the demo to show... or if anyone was on using demo during that match.

http://irc.lc/globalgamers/uscript for uscript discussion.

I didn't ban you btw.

I don't know why you think camping is in any way related to time but it's not. Shooting from the tower down is camping no matter how long or how many people you kill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cybernator View Post
    Anyways, I only got banned for three matches, and did call Fleecey a foul name, so I deserved it at least for that. Fair enough.
    That's why you were banned by me.

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|fleecey View Post
    I didn't ban you btw.
    Ha, yeah, sorry 'bout that.

--- Updated ---

Quote Originally Posted by |uK|chiseller View Post
    I don't know why you think camping is in any way related to time but it's not. Shooting from the tower down is camping no matter how long or how many people you kill.

That's why you were banned by me.
    Hmm, so is it still camping if you are hanging around in one spot, out in the open, defending the base and just continually shooting at people?

I deserve the ban for calling you a cunt. I am a cunt for calling you a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cybernator View Post
    Hmm, so is it still camping if you are hanging around in one spot, out in the open, defending the base and just continually shooting at people?
    I will take a crack at this: What you describe is defending, not camping. Standing outside the base in Face sniping people (or in enemy base like Blaze does) is good D. That practice is commonly called camping by people who don't know what camping is. If you stand on a high ledge in Face and fire a shot at someone below, that is camping. If you go up to the ledge to enjoy the view, that is scouting. You can go up there, just don't shoot anyone below unless, of course, they fire at you.

An admin can validiate this next statement, but as a general rule it seems that if your viewfinder is facing straight, perpendicular with the ground and if a player is firing at you outside of that view (above it), then that is camping. I put it this way because it seems that many players will snipe from raised platform areas like on BathroomsFixed or BathroomsEQ1 cabinets which is not regarded as camping by admins. That is about as high of a space as is allowed in my estimation.

seems its something personal ... chis where is ss or demo ?

Indeed Novak.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll@ View Post
    seems its something personal ... chis where is ss or demo ?
    Fuck you're stupid, he even admitted it. Try again in the next thread, good luck.

Sniping from the top of face is situational, if you're getting stomped it's the only way to save your team some time so you don't get sup spammed to death.

Also justified if you get killed on your way to mid item... and respawn quick to snipe whoever grabbed it before said person returns to base.
    ------------------------------------- * -------------------------------------

Thread Information